• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Good post. Hopefully Partey in place of Xhaka will make the world of difference. Even more so if Arteta carries on playing ESR, Saka & Martinelli in attack, although I do think Martinelli will take a while to come back fully. For now he should rotate with Laca as he did vs WBA, Auba then moves wide.
Yes. I am not buying into this entire Martinelli vs Auba argument yet. There is no need for the argument. We have so many fixtures coming up and we need to rotate a lot. Having Laca/Saka/Auba/Martinelli for central striker and wing roles is a decent forward line-up. All of them will have sufficient playing time and we need to use everyone based on our opposition and state of game.

On midfield, every option we have other than Partey is poverty. Partey will make a huge difference when he plays behind our current forward lineup. But we really need to buy more players to replace Xhaka/Elneny. We will be back to a dogshit midfield if Partey gets injured or needs rest.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli was just as bad as Auba yesterday. I like the kid and think has the potential to be a top player for us, but he's the darling of the fanbase at the minute. People are making out he is quality in every game and that he is the saviour. The reality is he is still very inconsistent (as he was last season) and needs time to develop his game. This makes total sense as well, he is just coming back from a big injury, to be honest I'm surprised he's been thrown straight back in.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This makes total sense as well, he is just coming back from a big injury, to be honest I'm surprised he's been thrown straight back in.
He is thrown straight back for a reason, and that reason is that Auba is -1 for us each and every game this season. Auba is currently our worst player, below the likes of Elneny, Bellerin and Xhaka, and he can't win his position back only because he was good last season.
We will replace his goals with a better team play, better pressing and everything we miss when Auba plays, the first signs of that are there, no denying we are better without him

Reactions: roz

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

This makes total sense as well, he is just coming back from a big injury, to be honest I'm surprised he's been thrown straight back in.
Gaby did not look as good as against Chelsea, but to be fair to Arteta it's worked.

I've not seen someone perform like this after a knee injury so he's definitely a freak. Agree with your post though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gaby did not look as good as against Chelsea, but to be fair to Arteta it's worked.

I've not seen someone perform like this after a knee injury so he's definitely a freak. Agree with your post though.

Makes a change :lol:

But yeah its very surprising the intensity he is able to play at. Must say I do think he looks rusty on the ball, his combinations and everything are abit out of sinc at the moment, but suppose you can say that about all of the players.

I do think that's the area of his game he needs to improve at though, he does everything at 100mph and needs to slow down a bit in certain instances, it will come though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is thrown straight back for a reason, and that reason is that Auba is -1 for us each and every game this season. Auba is currently our worst player, below the likes of Elneny, Bellerin and Xhaka, and he can't win his position back only because he was good last season.
We will replace his goals with a better team play, better pressing and everything we miss when Auba plays, the first signs of that are there, no denying we are better without him

I'm not surprised at all that Auba is struggling, he's a player that needs service, he always has been and always will be. Once we sort out the creative side (if that's threw Arteta's work or a new manager), I'm convinced he will start scoring again.

Martinelli has given us some energy back, no doubt, but I feel it will be a short term boost. In the mid to long term, we will have to improve our combination play up front. That includes Martinelli.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yes. I am not buying into this entire Martinelli vs Auba argument yet. There is no need for the argument. We have so many fixtures coming up and we need to rotate a lot. Having Laca/Saka/Auba/Martinelli for central striker and wing roles is a decent forward line-up. All of them will have sufficient playing time and we need to use everyone based on our opposition and state of game.

On midfield, every option we have other than Partey is poverty. Partey will make a huge difference when he plays behind our current forward lineup. But we really need to buy more players to replace Xhaka/Elneny. We will be back to a dogshit midfield if Partey gets injured or needs rest.

The best attack is a fluid attack. If you have intelligent attackers they will move around. This probably excludes Pepe! Elneny has returned to the Elneny we always thought he was, I'd replace both him & Xhaka.

Jack badmon

I watched the game again, while admittedly quiet Auba had a decent game defensively definitely put a shift in. I think because of his frame it’s not always obvious seeing him get about the pitch but apart from missing two chances at least he had a decent game.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Martinelli is 19 years old and just back from a long term injury he’s only going to get better from here. Auba is 31 and fell off a cliff after signing a massive contract. I would be more concerned about Auba sorting his **** out then a 19 year old who has played all of 3 games this season and impressed all the way.

Reactions: JCB

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
You run faster when chasing 350k. Once you have it you can ease up lol.

Willian was the same last year.

Part of the reason Laaca has hit some form. He is chasing a new contract. See it time and time again with players.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Laca always tries. Even for Emery he scored to salvage a draw he just didn't celebrate.

Pretty sure Laca knows his time is up here, he's just naturally a more dogged player than Auba.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Laca always tries. Even for Emery he scored to salvage a draw he just didn't celebrate.

Pretty sure Laca knows his time is up here.

Even so still needs to get a contract somewhere else. I would love to see stats on players in there last year to two of contract as opposed to first couple of years.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom