• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Think he'd do well to take a middle step like the Bundesliga.

Seems like he could do the Xhaka thing but without the hot-head mistakes. Very good at passing the ball forwards, although also not the most mobile like Xhaka.

They suggest him here as a Matic replacement for Utd. If Partey is to be deployed more as a b-2-b on the right side then it could make sense to have Koopmeiners deeper dictating play on the left.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-teun-koopmeiners/

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Memphis Depay
Orel Mangala
Marcel Sabitzer
young rightback
dependable leftback

Leno
RB Mavropanos Gabriel Tierney
Partey Mangala
Saka Sabitzer Auba
Depay​

This team looks great! I would put Celik at RB and we are set!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The way I see it there's been a lot of squad churn the last two years, we've bought a GK, a ton of CBs, a LB, and an athletic CM. Enough already. For sure find a cheap solution for back-up GK and back-up LB, but no more significant money spent on CBs and DMs.

We have Partey, Guendouzi, Gabriel, Mari, Saliba, Holding. It's fine, ok not exactly world class but it's not dragging us down. Maybe sanction a cheap DM like Mwepu to add numbers, but for me Guendouzi should replce Xhaka as the deep passing midfielder.

The summer budget needs to be spent primarily on players who are gonna help this team score more goals, whether it's a no. 10, a goal-scoring winger or a CF, we need quality in attack. This team needs a bit of star dust.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
And like you can point to expensive signings like Grealish, Aouar, Ødegaard, all great, all targets we should be aiming for, but Depay is literally right there on a free transfer. He's in his prime, he's been the 3rd best player in Ligue 1 behind Neymar and Mbappe, he scores and creates, he plays all over the front line, he brings personality and swagger.

Selling Lacazette for like 20m and replacing him with Depay seems like a no brainer to me.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Like Özil is gone, Ramsey is gone, Cazorla is gone, Alexis is gone, Lacazette is finished and he never really had it in the first place, Auba still has it in him but he needs it put on a plate for him. Willian and Pepe do literally nothing.

I mean i'm as enthused about the Saka/Martinelli/ESR trio as much as anyone, but they're not elite players right now and frankly it's unfair to expect them to be. Football is littered with elite players who only became elite around 24-25. At 20 Modric was playing in Croatia, at 23 Suarez was still at Ajax etc etc.

This team is crying out for proven quality in the final 3rd. Get rid of Lacazette, Pepe and Willian. Keep Auba and the kids, add two quality final 3rd players and maybe a young prospect.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
And for the love of god what is this guy doing at Villa?? f*cking criminal we didn't try for him in the summer. If we can spend 70m on Pepe we can sure as f*ck put 80m down for Grealish, at least give it a go. Sign Depay and Grealish and you're not gonna see 0.7 xG at home to Crystal Palace anymore i tell you f*cking that.

ErjRHRrUUAADm84

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

And for the love of god what is this guy doing at Villa?? f*cking criminal we didn't try for him in the summer. If we can spend 70m on Pepe we can sure as f*ck put 80m down for Grealish, at least give it a go. Sign Depay and Grealish and you're not gonna see 0.7 xG at home to Crystal Palace anymore i tell you f*cking that.

ErjRHRrUUAADm84
If we have Xhaka and Ceballos we probably will :rolleyes:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
In: Manor Solomon, Martin Ødegaard, Memphis Depay. Gonzalo Montiel, Juan Bernat, Rui Silva, Emilano Buendia, Sander Berge, Max Aarons, Florian Thauvin and John Stones

Out: Bellerin, Luiz, Willian, Pepe, Xhaka, Elneny, Lacazette, Nketiah, Runarsson, Cedric, Chambers, Macey, Torreira, Nelson, Mavropanos

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Albert Lokonga at Anderlecht could be a cheap solution for one of the CM spots in the summer, along with Enock Mwepu, Lokonga is 21 and attracting interest from top clubs, very mobile all-round CM in the Bissouma/Soumare mould.

John oxford

bissouma, calhanoglu (still not signed new contract with milan), buendia, Georgios Giakoumakis (striker from VVV venlo- coupd be very cheap and better than lacazette for sure), sabitzer, lokonga, soyuncu, rayab ait nouri (lb), cherki, ismail jakobs, baumgartner, ibrahima konate, paulinho (leverkusen) etc.

but edu + arteta gonna get us azpilicueta, eriksen, isco, ceballos and some other washed up players.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Depay-Dybala-Auba
Grealish-Rice-Partey
Kierney-Magha-Stones-Montiel
Leno

Heaton, Buendia, Guendouzi, Saka, Martineli, Bernat, Solomon, Aarons, Saliba, Mari, Weighorst

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
CF: Laca out, Isak in
RW: Pepe out, Allan Saint-Maximin
AM: Buendia
Leno
AMN Rob/Saliba Maga KT
Partey Xhaka
ASM Buendia Saka
Isak/Auba
If Xhaka goes this summer then replace him with an attacking 8, Brandt or Aouar maybe if we can secure EL football.

Impact

Established Member
This summer I'd like to see us focus on a midfield revamp, with a focus on enabling Arsenal to play either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

IN (all under age 26)
LCM/AM - an attacking midfielder that is comfortable as a 10 or an 8 that can become our creative reference point
RCM - a box-to-box midfielder able to contribute to both phases of play and in particular transitions
DM - a mobile ball-winning midfielder that can play as a sole pivot in place of Partey and as one of the two in a midfield base alongside Partey
Azeez - formal promotion to gain first-team experience through cup competitions

OUT (conservative estimates for fees)
Xhaka (£20m)
Guendouzi (£20m)
Torreira (£20m)
Elneny (£5m)
Ceballos (loan return)
4-3-3
LCM - RCM
Partey

Smith Rowe - Willock
DM (Azeez)​
4-2-3-1
AM
Partey - DM/RCM

Smith Rowe
Partey (Azeez) + DM/RCM/Willock​

Impact

Established Member
I wonder if we are/were looking at Omar Richards as an option for back-up left-back from Reading. Available on a free this summer.

Breezy

As realistic as it gets:

In
Gonzalo Montiel (Free)
Denayer (25m)
Mangala (20m)
Calhanoglu (Free)
Olise (8m)
Depay (Free)

Leno
Montiel Denayer Mari Tierney
Partey — Mangala
Saka — Calhanoglu — Olise
Depay

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Eduoard, Grealish, Solomon. The technical level of the front line increases dramatically, which will help us against low blocks. If we could get those 3, I'd put up with Xhaka, Holding and Bellerin for another season. Eduoard and Solomon would be easy to get as well and would be relatively cheap, and both have the potential to increase in value dramatically. Grealish would require the vast majority of the summer budget.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom