• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's not one anomaly though is it, we have been sh*t the majority of this season. Also missing Tierney shouldn't mean our attack shouldn't have one decent chance, he's also played in a handful of games we still sucked in.

I said one anomaly in our recent form, and you've decided to just highlight one anomaly...? I'm talking since Burnley, which is where we've looked better going forward. At times we've played some very nice football and scored some nice goals. Its there, the consistency just isn't yet.

It will take time to get everything perfect. Some bustards waited 13 years for Wenger to try and get things right again, went through hell losing by big margins in big games, were prepared to wait even further under the Wenger regime. Yet you cant give Mikel more than one full season to figure things out?

It is baffling.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

If we can just be a proper fanbase for once, that could be us, it may take a little longer but we can do it...
I get triggered when you say this you know :rofl:

In all seriousness, it’s Mikel’s club and there’s nothing we can do about it, you don’t even have to plead for patience like this I don’t think.

I’m still following the club just barely - but I’ve grown numb to it all, I see this vampire on the touchline and all the players I like looking like garbage nowadays and I just feel nothing.

Glad you’re enjoying though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

All I am asking for is a little patience.

Sir Bobby Robson took over a completely struggling Newcastle team that looked headed for relegation, just like Sir Mikel Arteta and this Arsenal team.

In his first year, it was all about survival, which he achieved, just like Mikel...Arteta actually finished higher in the league, but that's neither here nor there.

In his second season, Robson took a Newcastle team that just a few years ago where challenging for the league, back to greatness right...wrong...he achieved another midtable finish.

But Geordie fans didn't complain, they didn't moan...they were actually proper fans and supported the club and manager, and trusted the process...next 2 seasons Newcastle qualified for the Champions League back to back.

If we can just be a proper fanbase for once, that could be us, it may take a little longer but we can do it...and Robson just like Arteta had never managed a Premiership team before he got the Newcastle job, so lack of experience is something the greats can overcome...and if anything, Mikel is a little better than Robson at that point, as he has already won us the FA cup.

Gotta have faith, though...gotta have faith.

Thing is though Bobby Robson was one of the most respected managers in World Football. He had a resumé and you could see he belonged at the top.

We’ve got a former coach. We can only judge what we’re seeing in front of us. People expecting him to get us playing Pep football are living in fantasy land.

The signs were there when he hired David Moyes’ old back room team. We play like one of his teams but somehow worse with better players.

Talk of Grealish etc is silly as well bearing in mind we still have quite a few holes to fill, then you have to remember we probably don't even get EL money.

Yeah really this pandemic has come at a terrible time for us. No virus and we probably get decent fees for Sokratis, Kolasinac, Torreira and maybe even Özil.

Now we have to celebrate us terminating their contracts as if it’s a victory. We’ve got an inflated wage bill and a squad with no extra space for new players.

Can’t see Arteta getting “his players” tbh. He needs to get a better tune than bottom half out of this squad.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bobby Robson was one of the best man managers in the game and had a phenomenal track record, his experience was elite. Weird comparison.

The “trust the process” argument doesn’t work. You need to have a track record to buy into that argument.

The only argument that works is that you’ve hired and gone down the young manager route, now just give it time. Even Utd and Chelsea have given their young managers time - those are current elite, top, ambitious clubs.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Sir Bobby Robson took over a completely struggling Newcastle team that looked headed for relegation, just like Sir Mikel Arteta and this Arsenal team.

In his first year, it was all about survival, which he achieved, just like Mikel...Arteta actually finished higher in the league, but that's neither here nor there.

In his second season, Robson took a Newcastle team that just a few years ago where challenging for the league, back to greatness right...wrong...he achieved another midtable finish.

But Geordie fans didn't complain, they didn't moan...they were actually proper fans and supported the club and manager, and trusted the process...next 2 seasons Newcastle qualified for the Champions League back to back.

If we can just be a proper fanbase for once, that could be us, it may take a little longer but we can do it...and Robson just like Arteta had never managed a Premiership team before he got the Newcastle job, so lack of experience is something the greats can overcome...and if anything, Mikel is a little better than Robson at that point, as he has already won us the FA cup.

To be fair Robson had won a UEFA Cup with Ipswich many years before and managed some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Think he would've always been given time such was his reputation on Tyneside.

Arteta never had near the stature of Robson from a coaching standing when he took over us, plus we're a miles bigger club than Newcastle.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

This is obviously a joke...it's Sir Bobby Robson v Mikel Arteta ffs :lol:

Was hoping just to get some likes for it as I thought it was funny, sadly none have arrived...looks like I have zero ability at humor, as well as zero football knowledge :(

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

This is obviously a joke...it's Sir Bobby Robson v Mikel Arteta ffs :lol:

Was hoping just to get some likes for it as I thought it was funny, sadly none have arrived...looks like I have zero ability at humor, as well as zero football knowledge :(

Shorter post with more sarcasm and I think you'd be good. You can do it kid I believe in you.

tenor.gif

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

In all seriousness, it’s Mikel’s club and there’s nothing we can do about it, you don’t even have to plead for patience like this I don’t think.

I’m still following the club just barely - but I’ve grown numb to it all,

Yep I feel exactly the same way.

Arteta is not leaving this season unless we somehow end up fighting relegation or flirting with it again which I seriously doubt will happen.

So I'm pretty numb to it, I guess "let's see how it goes" with little excitement is around the level I'm at.

If we finish around 10th, still playing mediocre football though then where do we go from there? Is this project really worth the time and effort?

*sigh*

Olivier_Giroud

Comparing Sir Bobby Robson to Arteta is like comparing Einstein to a piece of rock... This is getting ridiculous. The length people, blinded by Arteta's hair, to justify his tragic appointment as manager is just insane... Arteta, per reliable sources, simply has a very low IQ, not much smarter than a German Shepherd dog. There is as much chance Donald Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize than Arteta turning things around... It is not going to happen.

Iceman10

Established Member
Yep I feel exactly the same way.

Arteta is not leaving this season unless we somehow end up fighting relegation or flirting with it again which I seriously doubt will happen.

So I'm pretty numb to it, I guess "let's see how it goes" with little excitement is around the level I'm at.

If we finish around 10th, still playing mediocre football though then where do we go from there? Is this project really worth the time and effort?

*sigh*

I’ve become a bit more interested watching over last month or so mainly on the back end of some more promise from the Hale End pipeline and Tierney showing he is among the best in the PL in his position. Before then it was about Arteta’s future due to underperformance, but when he wasn’t sacked after the Burnley game the situation with him was pretty obvious, and then when I actually saw some backing of him after the Southampton draw it was also obvious he hadn’t lost fans to the extent that can be seen in forums like this one.

The players interest me more than the manager and as long as he’s not damaging our youth pipeline too much it is a matter of just accepting at most there will be a review of his position at the end of the season. He seems to have backing of board and owners, and fan power is as low as ever with Covid.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta is not going anywhere. The club is too invested in him. They're **** scared of starting another rebuilding job with another manager. Ergo, his job is safe, perhaps the safest in the league even.

I'll try to enjoy this season as much as possible.

The worrying thing is that some performances that would have brought out the airplane and banner gangs under Wenger are now being labelled as signs of progress now.

You couldn't make this shît up.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Sold us a dream. I remember his first interview when he spoke about our identity and how he wants us ‘to play in the opposition half as much as we want’. Yet nothing has changed. We don’t have our identity back and we only stay in the opposition half long enough to get a Kieran Tierney cross off.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's just not had enough impact. Hard to see him making a success of this job long term. We need exceptional squad building to cover for his inexperience

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Comparing Sir Bobby Robson to Arteta is like comparing Einstein to a piece of rock... This is getting ridiculous. The length people, blinded by Arteta's hair, to justify his tragic appointment as manager is just insane... Arteta, per reliable sources, simply has a very low IQ, not much smarter than a German Shepherd dog. There is as much chance Donald Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize than Arteta turning things around... It is not going to happen.
Who's these reliable sources that say he has a low IQ?

I know he speaks 4 or 5 languages.

Can you?

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Sold us a dream. I remember his first interview when he spoke about our identity and how he wants us ‘to play in the opposition half as much as we want’. Yet nothing has changed. We don’t have our identity back and we only stay in the opposition half long enough to get a Kieran Tierney cross off.

We do spend most of the time on the ball in the opposition half now, we just lack penetration.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I don’t get why Mickey Arts is rated so highly. Granted he won an FA Cup which is a great achievement but apart from that he’s not done a great job developing players or a coherent style of play. I don’t expect instant results but at least some evidence that we are building towards something. Why do people rate him so highly and what has he done to indicate that this is like Klopps first season and good times are just around the corner?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don’t get why Mickey Arts is rated so highly. Granted he won an FA Cup which is a great achievement but apart from that he’s not done a great job developing players or a coherent style of play. I don’t expect instant results but at least some evidence that we are building towards something. Why do people rate him so highly and what has he done to indicate that this is like Klopps first season and good times are just around the corner?

Hes developing Tierney and Saka very nicely. Sadly many of our squad just aren't coachable, you cant coach someone like Bellerin to go forward when he doesnt have the traits to do so. Bloke can't pass well or dribble and has 0 left foot.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom