• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's no place for ESR wide. Auba, Martinelli on the left. Saka, Willian and Pepe on the right.

Depends on the formation.

Let’s say Tierney gets an injury and we don’t sign an LB.

He could easily go 3412. Back 3 Gabriel, Luiz, Holding. Saka LM, ESR RM, Partey CM, Xhaka CM, Ødegaard CAM, Auba CF, Laca CF.

Arteta has said all along he wants options to give him flexibility. That’s really what this is.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well I hope the deal gets done first of all. But once it's done I hope it's not just an opportunity for him to get minutes and for us to get another body in, but also an opportunity for him to actually learn new things and improve.

This will be the most physical league he's played in, it's a test cos he's not blessed with great physical qualities, but it should hopefully make him a better player.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Ødegaard isn't coming here to play back up to ESR FFS.

Not knocking ESR, he's my favourite Hale End kid, but it is what it is. You can debate their ceilings but Ødegaard is much further along in his development at this stage.

He's coming here to start. Maybe they'll be some rotation, maybe ESR will get the cup games at 10, maybe Ødegaard with play out on the right occasionally but he's coming here as a starter. Not a bench warmer or back up for a kid with 7 career PL games.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ødegaard isn't coming here to play back up to ESR FFS. Not knocking ESR, he's my favourite Hale End kid, but it is what it is. You can debate their ceilings but Ødegaard is much further along in his development at this stage.

He's coming here to start. Maybe they'll be some rotation, maybe Ødegaard with play out on the right occasionally but he's coming here as a starter. Not a bench warmer or back up.

People act as if we'll be playing the same front 4 or whatever every single game. We've seen even in recent times with a few injury scares and players being off form how quickly things can change. Ødegaard can play 10 or on the right, Saka can play left or right, or even left-back and a few times has played more in midfield. ESR is mainly an attacking midfielder but comfortable in an inside forward role in a front 3. Martinelli can play LW or CF, same with Auba. I swear Arsenal is the only club where it's fanbase panics when there's options all of a sudden, "Oh my god where's ESR gonna play?" or the flipside "Ødegaard is gonna be on the bench every game because we already have ESR". Everything is so black and white with you lot it's hilarious. Luckily I'm here once again with some perspective on the whole thing. Also given the weird season it is already combined with EL starting up again in a month, the games will be coming very quickly after each other so we'll need options, and we'll need quality options. But a loan makes us look small time so it's better to just have Willock or Willian. :rolleyes:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Yeah this is me right now. Not sure about some factors but I'm looking forward to seeing a quality player show us his credentials. Lets hope he hits the ground running, this deal will kinda be a waste of time if he doesnt.

let's hope he measures up then;)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ødegaard isn't coming here to play back up to ESR FFS.

Not knocking ESR, he's my favourite Hale End kid, but it is what it is. You can debate their ceilings but Ødegaard is much further along in his development at this stage.

He's coming here to start. Maybe they'll be some rotation, maybe Ødegaard with play out on the right occasionally but he's coming here as a starter. Not a bench warmer or back up.

What's funny is that there were still people questioning ESR even a week or two ago, people even ready to jump on him after his underwhelming display against Palace, now people are acting as if he is and should be undisputed starter all of a sudden? Like I said everything is so black and white on here, people just aren't willing to wait and see how things pan out they have to be ready with a hot take on everything.

That we need this type of deal is a sign that we’re not building our squad properly and have flopped yet another summer window but at least he’s a good player.

Been saying this for ages. Our squad building has not been good in recent transfer windows.

Glad that bully Trilly or Trully like we call him here in my home, top-tier trusted status member agrees with me!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Auba came back from his red card last season, we didn't even Martinelli on the pitch again till the end of the season (I know he was injured before PL restart) but before lockdown especially after Auba came back, Arteta sent his arse straight to the bench and even the likes of Nketiah was getting starts

Did Gabby not get injured not long after Auba returned?

And they say I have the agenda.

Yes, yes you do...but so do I ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom