• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Average first half, bright second half. Responsible for almost every decent attacking thing we need and that’s pretty much a fact.

If you’ve come in here to blame him for this result then you need to take a look at yourself tbh. Saka is our starting RW anyway so why are you all so pressed?

Maybe because the club record signing should never be a back-up to anyone in his main position?

How the hell has Saka played LB, LWB, LW, LCM and now plays RW and is supposedly better than a 25 year old who is supposed to be in his prime? He needs to leave the club at the end of this season, for his career.

The club just needs to accept the L and move on. Better players than Pepe have flopped in the EPL.

It's not all his fault. Coaching changes with new systems, Covid, poor creativity from the midfield and signing Willian even after his good FA cup run to end 19/20 sealed his fate.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Honestly confused what people see in him, or why there is such an obsession with making excuses for him.

He's just not that good.

His pace, dribbling, crossing and free-kick taking skills are evident. Those things indicate potential for end-product. He was an end-product machine at Lille, hence the belief in his potential.

People who have watched him at Lille are also aware that he played in a system that capitalized on his strengths there. We have yet to see him being used as an inside forward supported by an overlapping full-back. That was the case at Lille, and Pépé did much of his damage from central positions, not from the wing.

It's not so much excuse-making, but rather an explanation. He clearly isn't a flexible player tactically, and doesn't fit our current tactics. He actually is a better fit for Emery's tactics, but that door closed before he could get himself going as a first-year player in a new league.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Honestly confused what people see in him, or why there is such an obsession with making excuses for him.

He's just not that good.

What I learnt on this forum is that I shouldn’t have any standards for Pepe, shouldn’t expect him to perform better than Saka, be happy he’s on the bench, 72m transfer doesn’t mean you have to perform and that nothing is ever his fault.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
What I learnt on this forum is that I shouldn’t have any standards for Pepe, shouldn’t expect him to perform better than Saka, be happy he’s on the bench, 72m transfer doesn’t mean you have to perform and that nothing is ever his fault.

The crazy thing is that most will actually start attacking Saka like he ain't even all that, but will make every excuse known to man for Pepe. Is it just because of his price-tag? Saw the same thing for years with Xhaka and Özil. It's like some are more fans of certain players than the club or just trying to be contrarian.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Biggest disappointment about Pépé is that he's shown himself to be very tactically unflexible. Tarkowski of wingers, only good for one style of play, in one particular role. He's not good enough to have an entire system changed to accommodate him, so it's time to cut our losses. I think he could be really good for Leicester or Everton.

I think he's yet another example showing that there should be caution about signing pacey attackers from counter-attacking sides if that's not the style of play you'll want to employ also. Some players simply become a non-factor when they struggle to find large spaces.

Moah

The crazy thing is that most will actually start attacking Saka like he ain't even all that, but will make every excuse known to man for Pepe. Is it just because of his price-tag? Saw the same thing for years with Xhaka and Özil. It's like some are more fans of certain players than the club or just trying to be contrarian.
Please show me one post that attacks Saka to compliment Pepe?

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Needs a loan to a team like Palace.
Maybe in exchange for Zaha?
Pepe wandering around eyeing up his next target for a headbutt probably.
These two posts did make me LOL
there were a couple of others as well

cheered up my Arsenal heart this morning

pepewithknife.jpg

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
This is probably not good ‘analysis’ but something Pepe has never had which I thought he’d have in abundance since he arrived is swag/arrogance or something similar. I really think that’s what’s hindered him here. The confidence to wear his price tag & just play his game. He played OK today but he just misses a spark or something I can’t quite explain it. He looks like he’s concentrating too hard on what he wants to do & before he can decide he’s dispossessed... he makes things happen & draws fouls etc but the dribbling stresses me out..
He's not got the swagger because he knows he's fraudulent

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
His pace, dribbling, crossing and free-kick taking skills are evident. Those things indicate potential for end-product. He was an end-product machine at Lille, hence the belief in his potential.

He had a very good season at Lille but I think the 9 penalties weigh pretty strongly in people's psychology, in the end 13 NPgoals and 11 assists is obviously a very good return, but it's not THAT good in a team that had a very good season in the league, and whose style suit him down to a tee, in 38 starts, to discard thinking that it just doesn't translate.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking about someone like Maxwell Cornet who had 7 goals and 5 assists in 12 starts in 18/19 for Lyon, but he's also someone who you wouldn't see translating to the EPL. Clinton N'Jie and his 7 goals and 7 assists in 15 starts before making the move to Tottenham is probably a better example, either way in both cases they are better returns on a per90 basis than Pepe's last season, with the caveat of smaller sample size, and they are both players who didn't or wouldn't likely translate to EPL.

I would've sold him this summer before the bloom was fully off the rose. I think it's likely we're looking at loan deals or hopefully a cut-price deal until his contract is done.

REWB

He was slightly better yesterday, but just dont think he has the pace and power for his playstyle to really be a success here.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Make him available on a PL loan. No loan fee and we absorb complete wages.

The only requirement is that he must start every match.

GunnerShy

Who has done that on here? Of those that have defended Pepe, who has attacked Saka? Examples please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom