• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GLITCH

My instinct is that for all this to work you need a good tv product, for which you need presenters, pundits, refs, and obviously players and coaches. And if those people aren't happy then how can you do it? If a name like Linekar says no then others follow. But then I think that's naive, if one guy wants out they just find another guy who's happy to take the money.

Idk, surely the most powerful people in the room are the ones who'll get their way, and the clubs are the most powerful?

I honestly have no idea, anyone pretending to be certain about this, as I was about 20 mins ago, is a fool.
Let another person make a name for themselves. I still think of Lineker as the Walker's crisps guy.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He's full of **** tbh. Dr. Pangloss to the global elite, and extremely disengenous in his arguments because of it. Yes the gains from China came about as you say, but that is not what Pinker and his ilk are pushing. They did their own way (I'm not pro-China to be clear). Jason Hickel has completely debunked Pinker

Did you read the book or are you saying that he is full of bs without even reading it? He has pretty convincing arguments. There are parts that I didn't like. But he was overall correct about most of it. I come from India which has definitely benefitted due to globalization. In just 30 years, I have seen villages getting modern with lots more amenities, towns turning into cities and some of my friends who come from poor families comfortably becoming middle class with air conditioned houses and cars.
Just started reading the first article you posted.

His first argument is that the stats before 1980s cannot be trusted. That's the best we have. Even if you cannot trust that, the numbers after 1980s also show similar numbers.
The second argument is that 1.90 dollars cannot be used as a measuring scale. The Hans Rosling book covers this aspect too. Stats are calculated based on buying power and still there is growth everywhere.

I can read the rest of the article. But I have never seen anyone give a valid counter argument. It's mostly stuff like "one cannot be happy if there are very rich people who have way more than them" which I don't believe in.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

@Rex Banter speaking nothing but facts top man 👏👏👊

Chappelle Show Lol GIF

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He's full of **** tbh. Dr. Pangloss to the global elite, and extremely disengenous in his arguments because of it. Yes the gains from China came about as you say, but that is not what Pinker and his ilk are pushing. They did their own way (I'm not pro-China to be clear). Jason Hickel has completely debunked Pinker

Here are the main graphs used by Pinker. You can see that economy related graphs are adjusted for inflation too:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How are Arsenal reacting to the events, ffs...are we just hiding in the corner or something :lol:
People are waiting for us to show our face so they can jump on us. It will be brutal if we say anything. We be smart to hide against the successful teams and shut up right now lool

ArtetaOut

This ESL model is just not sustainable. You can't just starve out the smaller clubs and rely on those few teams to sustain the entire industry. Football is unique in the sense that there are fans of hundreds and thousands of clubs. People will eventually get sick of watching those few teams play each other week in week out and when the smaller clubs die out and interest in the super league diminish football will be destroyed.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Christ, Chelsea fans chanting 'Super Frank' outside Stamford Bridge, could be over for Tommy T already.

Bosniak Gooner

This ESL model is just not sustainable. You can't just starve out the smaller clubs and rely on those few teams to sustain the entire industry. Football is unique in the sense that there are fans of hundreds and thousands of clubs. People will eventually get sick of watching those few teams play each other week in week out and when the smaller clubs die out and interest in the super league diminish football will be destroyed.
There is still going to be a football pyramid in which cash will drip to the smaller clubs.

Btw this is an expansion to appeal to different markets, such as Asia and the US.

And all this talk about smaller clubs is nonsence, Norwich get relegated twice and earn more than what the CL winner gets, tell me why the big teams invest in their squad?

People crying for years why Arsenal are not spending more when in reality there would be no business logic in doing so, are now the same people crying about the small clubs doing the same thing.

The logical step for football is for elite tams to break away from mediocre football.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom