• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

No. We beat the super evils.

In an ideal world yes, but that's just not reality anymore...Arsène tried, but it's impossible now.

We have one of the evils in charge of our club already in Stan, I don't see a good ending whatever happens.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I haven't read the book and am not interested in doing so. I have however read many critiques of Pinker by people who understand this stuff a lot better than I do.

I'm not equipped to argue it in detail. I have no understanding of economics and don't pretend to (money astrology imo, and seemingly as accurate from my limited grasp of it). If you found it convincing then fair enough. I don't trust anything he says given the circles he freqents (man has bee pictured with Jeffery Epstein multiple times).

And remember, he is paid well by those who benefit the most from the current system to come up with conclusions saying the system is working.
Fair enough if you don't like Pinker because of these allegations. I have to point out that he favours higher taxation for the rich in the US just like Europe in his book. He bashes the right as well as he bashes the left. Keeping Pinker aside, what about Hans Rosling? He wrote Factfulness, which was of the same theme, when he was dying of cancer and he is already dead. What's he going to gain out of it?

I still remember when I was a child in the 90's everyone was afraid that with the population growing at that rate, there would be hunger and starvation all around because we will have more mouths to feed. We managed to increase the percentage of people we managed to feed in spite of the absolute number of people increasing. These are achievements that free market democracies deserve credit for. I can very well see the developments I have seen with my own eyes, being captured well in both Pinker's and Rosling's books.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
David Dein has to take some hate for this, the prick was sucking off Kroenke to sell to him.

Then again, would've probaly joined the ESL with Usmanov.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
That line from Cech is straight from the authoritarian playbook btw. In theory protest is acceptable but any actual protest is 'not the right way'.
TBF Petr Chech is just trying to let them let people through. Doubt he agrees with the league.

**** situation all around.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Any comment from Arsenal, or any Super League club since the announcement?

Disgraceful that we’re going to let our rookie manager deal with this when with a semi final to be preparing for.

blaze_of_glory

Fair enough if you don't like Pinker because of these allegations. I have to point out that he favours higher taxation for the rich in the US just like Europe in his book. He bashes the right as well as he bashes the left. Keeping Pinker aside, what about Hans Rosling? He wrote Factfulness, which was of the same theme, when he was dying of cancer and he is already dead. What's he going to gain out of it?

I still remember when I was a child in the 90's everyone was afraid that with the population growing at that rate, there would be hunger and starvation all around because we will have more mouths to feed. We managed to increase the percentage of people we managed to feed in spite of the absolute number of people increasing. These are achievements that free market democracies deserve credit for. I can very well see the developments I have seen with my own eyes, being captured well in both Pinker's and Rosling's books.
I'm not aware of Rosling. Will look into him though.

Just seems to me though (at least from what I've read) that Pinker cherry-picks the stats that support him while ignoring everything counter to his position. That's something I do when arguing about Xhaka, should have no place in the work of someone who wants to be a serious public intellectual.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom