• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I think this thread needs some positivity. We all know Arteta is now staying, its a waste of breath just coming in here and saying you want him gone over and over.

Positives from this season -

1. Better defensive record and we have a much better shape to us in a back 4. As a collective I think we are actually tough to beat, individual errors still let us down.
2. Breakthrough seasons for guys like ESR and Saka.
3. We have improved since the turn of the year.
4. We are significantly better in big games, specifically big away games. Losses against Liverpool and City I expected this season. However we've done the double over Chelsea, not conceded a goal against United who are one of the better attacking teams in the league and we were unlucky not to do the double over Leicester. That's a huge improvement over even Arsène in his latter years.
5. There's a togetherness with the manager and team, they are prepared to fight for him which is huge. They didn't down tools when we were 15th and the fought back. We fight till the end in games and usually get a result from doing so.

Anyone want to add anything?
villareal . **** positivity gaslighting

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The fans wanted rid of him and they undermined and abused him. Don’t say it didn’t happened because we all witnessed it week after week. If you want to keep pretending it shouldn’t have affected him and he shouldn’t have folded, go ahead, but you’re just being a clown.

If you’re saying he shouldn’t have tried try to work through it, I agree, he was a fool. Being a manager Is a hard enough game without stadium protests, planes overhead, social media rants, memes and boycotts. He should have gone 2016/17 when it was clear he couldn’t do his job.

Abuse from fans is what happens when managers outstay their welcome. Wenger should have known better. He should never have resigned the last contract.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Abuse from fans is what happens when managers outstay their welcome. Wenger should have known better. He should never have resigned the last contract.
The abuse from fans started when he was 2nd in the league. Arteta is 9th, a mile behind Leicester, and is being lauded by pundits, fans and other managers. ‘Out staying you’re welcome’ seems to be dependent on expectations rather than results or manager ability.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
The abuse from fans started when he was 2nd in the league. Arteta is 9th, a mile behind Leicester, and is being lauded by pundits, fans and other managers. ‘Out staying you’re welcome’ seems to be dependent on expectations rather than results or manager ability.

Some of the cvnts that abused Wenger wasnt even born when Wenger won his first title with us. Outstayed his welcome? Come the **** on.

Kav

Established Member
Re: the expectation thread. I honestly don’t see how anyone can lambast people for having hopes of a good season.

I recall saying I expected us to get 4th if we signed a good CB, DM and LW. That was before we signed Gabriel, Partey and Willian.

So we got two out of three. Little did anyone know that Arteta would be so incompetent at the job that he’d have us in 15th place in December. I don’t think anyone saw that happening. The season has been poor. However you can’t slate supporters for hoping that their team does well.

That being said. Now knowing what we do about Arteta and seeing his work first hand. He has a much shorter leash to work with. He has to get it right ASAP if he’s here next season.

I can only hope the owners see how awful the season is and fires him to allow someone else to come in.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He never deserved to be abused. The anger should have been aimed at the people that gave Wenger the new contract but our dumb fans dont understand that.
Still think he should have known himself that the odds were against him and that you can’t beat money teams, the away fans, the pundits and the home fans. It’s impossible, no matter how good you are. Dropping out of the top 4 was inevitable. He should have gone after the the FA Cup win in 2017. Just like Arteta should go now. In his case he just doesn’t have the experience.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This thread is turning into a joke :lol:

It's not even good faith debate at this point. Just a circle jerk over who can say Arteta is the footballing Satan in as creative a way as possible.

Obviously it has to simultaneously degrade into a Wenger debate for the 9 millionth time too :lol:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Still think he should have known himself that the odds were against him and that you can’t beat money teams, the away fans, the pundits and the home fans. It’s impossible, no matter how good you are. Dropping out of the top 4 was inevitable. He should have gone after the the FA Cup win in 2017. Just like Arteta should go now. In his case he just doesn’t have the experience.
he was just doing what he always did. what was best for the club. He kept the wolves away for as long as he could.

As you can see .. since then we had agents, shysters, carpetbaggers and incompetents make merry and in just 3 yrs make relegation a possibilty and europe a dream.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
All those who voted anything to do with top 4 need to hang their heads in shame and admit that their football knowledge is rock bottom.

All those who voted for 'another inconsistent season' need to be made Elite status posters. Simples. :lol:
@BigPoppaPump was right again? Imagine my shock, maybe he isn’t a troll and actually knows what he’s on about?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Obviously it has to simultaneously degrade into a Wenger debate for the 9 millionth time too :lol:

Its almost like one of the posters keeps flooding every thread on the forum with slight variations of exactly the same theme over and over and over and over again.

Imagine how destructive that would be?

Im glad something like that could never happen here.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I wasn't comparing with Arteta. Had this season had fans in the stadium, he would have been hounded off the pitch. Comparing Arsène to Arteta is an insult to Arsène and you should stop doing it.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He never deserved to be abused. The anger should have been aimed at the people that gave Wenger the new contract but our dumb fans dont understand that.

Wenger should never have resigned. By resigning he placed himself in the line of fire to cover the Kroenkes, that was his mistake.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You mean the expectations thread?

I'm not surprised by the names on "Top 4" who kept claiming the players were not good enough all season................

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Those tables I'm seeing remind me of what we use to see under Wenger. Look at the second half of the season if we do that again plus improve in the first half we are in with a chance.

I don't really want a return to the calendar year league. At least with Wenger we sprinted with a string of great performances and football.

Can't take the same if Arteta keeps us playing the way we have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So Villareal, a semi final for the chance to qualify for the CL isn't a big game? You said he does better in big games.

While other teams were able to beat and take points of the worst Liverpool side in the last 3-4 years we weren't. Nothing positive there. This Liverpool side isn't the same side that won the league last year. Injuries and form isn't comparable.

You can't say we should expect to lose to City yet praise Arteta for beating him in a one of match. A match that basically is the only reason fans gave him time. If you can't repeat the thing again it clearly was a one of lucky match where on the day everything went right. Success isn't one lucky match.

While we have been more competitive in big games we have been beat home and away by Wolves (they have been awful this season, Villa and Everton. We have lost to Burnley, Drew with the likes of Fulham. Where is this analyses in your work?

You cannot give credit for taking 4 points of United while ignoring 0 points from the above matches.

Bottom line is a season is 38 matches in the league. You thought top 4 or there abouts we are 9th. Dumped out by Emery. Embarrassed.

Lacazette missed two golden chances against Liverpool and they only sealed the game at the very end.

We have been better in big games under Arteta against big sides. Simple as that, nothing you say will change that just deal with it or move on.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom