• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

AFC8

Auba got dropped. Suddenly, the team performed better. Coincidence? Or is it the manager's ability to see where the problems lie? I thought no one was bigger than the club, so why are some people crying over underperformed indiscipline players being dropped? And more importantly, the club is doing well afterwards, and yet those people are still crying. I guess, for those people, their biased fanboyism is bigger than the club.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Fair enough but I'm actually one of the posters that consistently thinks we shouldn't sign him on yet I don't think he's a bvm.

In fact on the whole I do like Lacazette and I've defended him before. It's less about him being bad and more about his age and salary.

If he were banging in the goals and providing the link up play he does, then perhaps we could make an exception but I feel like the end of the season is a naturally good time to part ways.

That said the one scenario I can understand is keeping him as back up and signing an elite striker as that saves us from having to spend twice in the summer for a ST/CF (though I guess the other option is having Balogun as the back up but it'd depend if he's ready).
This is where I am at too. I have been a Laca stan for a long time, fighting the likes of @BigPoppaPump and the legendary @Furious. But it's time the right time to part ways.

The drop of stamina level for his age was quite massive. He used to be clinical when he joined us even though he hardly put himself in goal scoring positions. But he is missing that too recently.

The only concern is that with both him and Nketiah gone, we won't have anyone left in that position. We may not be able to find all the strikere we need in a single window. With Balogun not yet ready for this level and us being back in Europe, we will be stretched thin.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Auba got dropped. Suddenly, the team performed better. Coincidence? Or is it the manager's ability to see where the problems lie?
Or maybe we actually just started playing better football regardless of Auba or not? Letā€™s not forget how sh*t we were at the beginning of the season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
Also I have now been called a dictator, a rapist and a gatekeeper of mediocrity...

Starting to think AM doesn't like Riou-chan that much!
Mate, thatā€™s nothing compared to what I was called during 2015/16 for supporting ArsĆØne. And not much of it in jest, even had a stalker at one point. It just amazed me how many ways you can disguise the C word. :lol: This place is serene compared to those days, but Riou-Chan shouldnā€™t have to put with any gay taunts.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Man says Aubameyang has been trashed but ignored the obvious.

Last season Martinelli scored 2 goals and had 2 assist in 23 appearances.

while Aubameyang was so poor that he only scored 15 goals and had 3 assist in 39 appearances. I mean his performances at Lwb were quite poor to be fair.

What he wouldnā€™t give to be playing in a team where heā€™s not the Left Wing Back half the time and not starved of the ball. Oh waitā€¦

Aubameyang making clowns of these drippin fools. Love to see it.
Pitiful man putting red cards to all my posts in this thread, and thinking he can argue that I was wrong while choosing some convinient time frame and stats per appearance, which is one of the worst ways to compare players. :lol:

Did you know that Martinelli was injured for the first part of last season? Wonder why you chose the whole of last season for comparison, when I only said that Auba was **** for a long time and Martinelli has been better?

But yeah, let's look at when Martinelli was totally recovered and started playing more a year ago, 21st March 2021. In EPL according to Transfermarkt from that date until the end of the season, Martinelli played 377 minutes with 2+1, so a point per 126 minutes. In the same timeframe Auba played 484 minutes and also got 2+1, which is a point per 161 minutes.

This season Martinelli has played 1253 minutes in EPL, with 5+3, so a point per 157 minutes. Auba had 1150 minutes in EPL, with 4+1, so a point per 230 minutes.

(Just for reference, Auba had something like a point per 120-130 minutes in total in his time here.)

So you can see that looking at point per minute, rather than point per "match" (which is just stupid) we can see how much better Martinelli has been in scoring and assisting per minute. Which takes into account real playing time, not imaginary.

I think it's also obvious whoever has compared Martinelli and Auba play for us, that Martinelli has been better in most things recently for our team play. So it's not even only about points.

One thing to note is also that this season Auba has played almost all games as a striker, while Martinelli has played as a winger. It's also almost the same situation during the comparison time period last season.

So yeah, I wonder who is the fool here. :lol: Didn't even have the balls to reply to my post or tag me when arguing to me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
oh god, the Auba discussion now has stats and time frames. So we're into that part of the discussion where we'll argue over what kind of NBA cherry picked stats suits our own narratives more!

It's like the table since december all over again! Fun!

drippin

oh god, the Auba discussion now has stats and time frames. So we're into that part of the discussion where we'll argue over what kind of NBA cherry picked stats suits our own narratives more!

It's like the table since december all over again! Fun!
You can only blame the trusted fool Kav for it. He just had to try to make a fool out of me after giving all the red cards to my posts, but it backfired badly.

El Duderino

You can only blame the trusted fool Kav for it. He just had to try to make a fool out of me after giving all the red cards to my posts, but it backfired badly.

Just because he got under your skin doesn't mean you need to drag us all into it, innit?

You lot (people who keep beefing like this) really need to start using the ignore feature.

drippin

Just because he got under your skin doesn't mean you need to drag us all into it, innit?

You lot (people who keep beefing like this) really need to start using the ignore feature.
I do use the ignore feature. I don't use it for Trusted members often as I assume they have something good to offer, which seems like a false hope way too often.

I'm very happy to show him how wrong he is, and how stupid it was to call me a fool.

No problems here at all, I hope he can bring something a bit better as counter-argument than his last try. Or just leave it, because his cause seems hopeless.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
Why are people comparing Martinelli and Auba. Oneā€™s very young and got the stamina for the dual wing back/winger role that Arteta wants play and other older and more suited to playing as an out and out striker.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

Auba was **** for a long time, Martinelli has been better overall. And Laca has been better in the middle. End of.

We don't know if it was Arteta or Auba who held a grudge. I said that it will need Auba to be humble in front of Arteta, and that never happened, so I saw it coming. It was expected especially as we have performed much better.

View attachment 6152
He wasnā€™t **** for a long time, even this season he was averaging a goal contribution every other game. The season before that was still our top scorer and had to deal with malaria and other personal issues.

There also isnā€™t a reality where Laca is better than Auba, sorry.

Lastly football is too complex a game to make any type of Arsenal pre/post one individual metric but if you want to play that game then Xhakaā€™s being injured always cripples this team. The drop off between him and our 3rd best midfielder is enormous. Anyone who knows ball also knows that a midfielder is a lot more likely to influence a teams metrics than a forward that only contributes to the final phase of play.

El Duderino

Why are people comparing Martinelli and Auba. Oneā€™s very young and got the stamina for the dual wing back/winger role that Arteta wants play and other older and more suited to playing as an out and out striker.

He's also an actual left winger, which Auba never trully was. Anyway, glad PEA is doing fine and that Martinelli is also doing well for the most part.

El Duderino

He wasnā€™t **** for a long time, even this season he was averaging a goal contribution every other game. The season before that was still our top scorer and had to deal with malaria and other personal issues.

Lastly football is too complex a game to make any type of Arsenal pre/post one individual metric but if you want to play that game then Xhakaā€™s being injured always cripples this team. The drop off between him and our 3rd best midfielders is enormous.

@2Smokeyy

El Duderino

Lastly football is too complex a game to make any type of Arsenal pre/post one individual metric but if you want to play that game then Xhakaā€™s being injured always cripples this team. The drop off between him and our 3rd best midfielders is enormous.

Mad that we gambled December and January the way we did. For all his flaws, Xhaka being nigh on indescrutible saved our bacon. What was it, 2-3 weeks before he was actually meant to return that he came back straight into the team?

drippin

You don't have to take my hyperbole fast writing so seriously about it. The point clearly was that Auba hasn't been good, and Martinelli has been better in my post to which Kav replied. Also that Laca has been better than Auba for us recently.

Very basic stuff and easy to agree on for objective watchers, but surely not Arteta Outers.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Me and @Trilly passing the ball around in midfield like a peak Xavi and Iniesta:

6ddcbaf68a6317a7e833e4e9b4f7b535.gif

šŸ¤£

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his Ā£85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom