• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Oleksandr Zinchenko 🇺🇦

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You’re reaching here. This all you could find btw? From 8 years ago? You bumm.
Mane is a much better player than I thought.

My prejudice against African players clouds my evaluation sometimes.
AM hating a player because he’s English again.

Why don’t you lads just watch your local teams? Nairobi City fc, Phuket Rovers etc.
:lol:

Making me sound homeless, or Eastern European.

GDeep™

League is very weak
@A__G whats wrong with those posts? I’m admitting my prejudice at the time against African players.

The same prejudice also applies to many other nationalities in football or other sports. You’ll mock an American in cricket for example.

Really trying to make me look bad here.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
And players from the portoguese league have recently struggled in the Premier League? Usually they take pretty good to the league.

There's also quite the difference to playing for the obviously best team in the league who usually have the ball 70% of the time where you rarely have to defend. He's not really proven either is he? He has played pretty much half the games that Grimaldo has played at the top level he plays sporadically for his country as a CM rather than his LB position at City. Defensively he's very suspect. When it comes to his goal contributes it's not really good either. He has 0 goals in the league in 76 games and a whopping 7 assists.

Grimaldo has fallen out of favour with the club which is why their fans are pretty indifferent to him leaving, but he's been pretty much their best and most consistent player since arriving from Barcelona. And he's been linked away every year with Benfica wanting a sizeable fee.

Grimaldo is far better value for money than Zinchenko and is a better LB aswell. By quite the distance imho.
Fair enough, it's good to get an alternative viewpoint and it sounds like you know more about him than most on here. I don't know enough about Grimaldo to have a strong view on his quality but personally there are red flags all over this one for me. Zinchenko or possibly KWP seem like much safer bets.

What I would say though is that I don't really see Zinchenko as a midfielder for us. Doesn't seem like a big upgrade in the attacking positions and not solid enough to play as a loan DM.

StefanB

Fair enough, it's good to get an alternative viewpoint and it sounds like you know more about him than most on here. I don't know enough about Grimaldo to have a strong view on his quality but personally there are red flags all over this one for me. Zinchenko or possibly KWP seem like much safer bets.

What I would say though is that I don't really see Zinchenko as a midfielder for us. Doesn't seem like a big upgrade in the attacking positions and not solid enough to play as a loan DM.

I think Grimaldo and KWP coming in for the same price combined that Zinchenko alone would command would be a far better trade. I still think we should have a better backup/competition for Tomi than what we currently have, and with KWP and Grimaldo being better offensively than Tomi and Tierney respectively we would have a nice balance to switch around depending on the teams we meet.

I'm not the one spending the money anyway, but I just don't see anything special in Zinchenko offensively or defensively. He would be a decent player, but nothing special and we would not be able to shift him at all since he would have quite high wages if he flops..

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
@A__G whats wrong with those posts? I’m admitting my prejudice at the time against African players.

The same prejudice also applies to many other nationalities in football or other sports. You’ll mock an American in cricket for example.

Really trying to make me look bad here.
Americans are to be mocked in anything, different story that.

Why were you born in Nairobi? Thought you had never left Small Heath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his ÂŁ85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom