• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Fulham | Saturday 27th August 2022 | KO 17:30 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1661199887742.png
Another one on Sky as the world can’t wait to see our finest Swiss chocolate football but can we make it 4 W’s on the bounce:

361E8268-036F-496A-9D54-FD3012CDC705.jpeg

Last 3 games for Fulham:

23F98B1F-2AF8-4F7F-8E4B-86E8AA173B24.jpeg

With their main dangerman being Mitrovic, it will be interesting to see how Saliba deals with him as he’s on hot form right now (Palhinha has looked very solid too):

2975C92B-A7FF-4B6A-A37C-D6C186233179.jpeg

The team picks itself, so I don’t see any reason to change unless there are injury concerns. We’ll have too much for Fulham and Gabriel Jesus will score 2 in this one imo.

Going for a 3-0 win with Leno helping our title charge with an OG 🔴⚪

tumblr_oansl4VSwC1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Its u who are spouting rubbish that team had what is widely regarded as the best defence in Arsenal history.
They already had won titles both domestic & European under George Graham. It finished 12th 1 season because they lacked attacking flair & the players/manager had simply grown stale.
The invincible defence whilst certainly excellent was not better.
Arsène did unbelievable things but to say he never benefitted massively from the defensive unit of proven winners that George Graham had put together is frankly just myopic & beyond ludicrous.

I see more parallels between Graham & Arteta as both had to rip it up & rebuild from scratch.

Arsène was a revolutionary manager. He totally changed the English game & his greatness is never in question.

Half a title winning team was already in place when he walked into the club though that is just pure fact.

Yep, for the most part the Invincibles defenders were better as individual players.

As a defensive unit though no-ones touching Graham's backline.

If you had to bet your house on an Arsenal side not conceding a goal you'd take Graham's unit over the Invincibles all day long.

I don't know how anyone who actually watched both sides could disagree with that :lol:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
It's pretty much confirmed now that Zinchenko is integral to our attack but luckily for us Ode stepped up to the plate.

My motm is Ramsdale.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its u who are spouting rubbish that team had what is widely regarded as the best defence in Arsenal history.
They already had won titles both domestic & European under George Graham. It finished 12th 1 season because they lacked attacking flair & the players/manager had simply grown stale.
The invincible defence whilst certainly excellent was not better.
Arsène did unbelievable things but to say he never benefitted massively from the defensive unit of proven winners that George Graham had put together is frankly just myopic & beyond ludicrous.

I see more parallels between Graham & Arteta as both had to rip it up & rebuild from scratch.

Arsène was a revolutionary manager. He totally changed the English game & his greatness is never in question.

Half a title winning team was already in place when he walked into the club though that is just pure fact.
@lomekian

This has been discussed in length on here and on the internet. Arsène drastically improved Graham's defence by all the stats, and then swapped it out for a much better one which had the only un beaten season on record. These are facts.

I never see the point in comparing two great managers and pitting them against each other like Wenger haters love to do. In their own way they were both excellent.

Arteta didn't have to rip anything up and start from scratch, the team he inherited had come 5th the previous season. Of course his supporters want to say the Bellerin was worse than Tomi, Leno worse than Ramsdale, Sokratis worse than White. But he already had Saliba and Tierney. Arteta chose to bring in Mari and Luiz, which did nothing for him, except take him backwards.

The bottom line here is one thing . . . Arteta has been given a huge amount of financial support to make mistakes and swap out players, almost at will, to find a team that works. Very few managers in the history of the prem have ever had that luxury. Lets celebrate it instead of knocking previous managers.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Solid result, but the problem is obvious, 22 shots for 8 on target for 2 goals (one from a set piece). Ruthless finishing in open play has been our problem for years so fingers crossed the attackers can find their groove and start putting in good chances regularly. I think they can.

Clearly a proper CM signing would be handy, though given that we lost two 6s before the game it's not super surprising we looked a little lacking there.
There were several last ditch tackles by Fulham today. please take that into consideration.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Woke up, thought about it logically and yep still very happy with yesterday's performance by everyone.
If we can nag on such a high standard we'll be fine for the rest of the season.

In the last few seasons we would have imploded with any kind of injury, no chance we would have produced such a performance.

Will be a comfortable Top 4 finish.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It wasn’t a scrappy performance at all. The result and the goals themselves were scrappy but performance wise we dominated from start to finish, in all areas except for being clinical with our shooting.

Mitrovic did bully our defence at times, has to be said. He will bully the best defences playing like that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love that this guy really hates Arsenal...

:lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's a good player, but I wish our players were allowed the same amount of leeway as Mitrovic's was.

Man was literally piggybacking on our players at corners, and the ref was waving play on 😅

rockofcashel

Probably sad, but I'm continuing my this season v last update

As Fulham were promoted, their result replaces Burnley at home from last season.

Remember that crap nil all draw!!!

Overall after 4 games, Arsenal are +9 points

So, year on year comparing the game so far, Arsenal are +5 points

It wouldn't be too far out to say, that last year's Arsenal would probably have drawn yesterday's game too.. but there is a little extra steel shown so far this season.

Currently we should be confident of at least a mid 70s points haul which would be enough for a CL place

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great result. Other teams will make a resurgence. I think the next phase of our transition will be how we go from feeling the need to throw on 5 CBs to hold on to a 1 goal lead against Fulham to throwing on another AM to kill them off.

bergholt

There were several last ditch tackles by Fulham today. please take that into consideration.

Aren't there in every game though? It was a good result but clearly could have been better, just take one more chance. Always fine margins at this level, a bit more understanding amongst our forwards and hopefully we'll be putting away one more a game - which would basically guarantee us CL.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Woke up, thought about it logically and yep still very happy with yesterday's performance by everyone.
If we can nag on such a high standard we'll be fine for the rest of the season.

In the last few seasons we would have imploded with any kind of injury, no chance we would have produced such a performance.

Will be a comfortable Top 4 finish.
And now that I visited some Arsenal related stuff (Not specifically directed at A-M, more reddit) all I can say is I'm disgusted with parts of our fanbase.

There's some constructive stuff, but a lot of it is just the same old Agendas repeated and recycled to make points that aren't actually reality.

We don't deserve this team.

Edit: Maybe its best I just take a step back. Hopefully I'm just amplifying certain negativity in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom