• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Neves is really quite good, honestly. It's time for him to move to a big club, he's definitely ready.

I can't really say honestly who I think would be better as a 5 for us, Neves or Thomas. I can see arguments both ways.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Love Joao Felix. I’m usually not one to make excuses and blame managers/systems for underperforming players, but I make exception with this guy and Simeone suffer ball.

Think is where would he play at Arsenal? Arteta definitely wouldn’t trust him in one of the midfield positions, so it’s one of the front 3. Is out wide (and we know Arteta plays really wide wingers) or no.9 really suit him? Not so sure…

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Obv this is a wish list, but for the first time in forever I feel we could very realistically actually attract the very top players (wages not taken into account) that would really elevate quality and establish us as a real competitor to City and continuous title contender.

DM - Rice, Neves, FDJ
CM - Bellingham, SMS, Barella
W/CF - Leao, Nkunku

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean, Bayern have been tapping him up, but with 1 year left on his deal, surely Laimer enters the conversation?

It's difficult to find someone who has the passing and guile of Partey, but Laimer isn't far off.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Love Joao Felix. I’m usually not one to make excuses and blame managers/systems for underperforming players, but I make exception with this guy and Simeone suffer ball.

Think is where would he play at Arsenal? Arteta definitely wouldn’t trust him in one of the midfield positions, so it’s one of the front 3. Is out wide (and we know Arteta plays really wide wingers) or no.9 really suit him? Not so sure…
Poor Joao, having his formative years under Simeone...really not a good situation for a creative, technical player. He could've survived maybe if he came at a later age like when Bruno made his move to United, but at his young age to go to Simeone was really a curse for his development and career.

I've just read that Barça are very interested by Sangare and I've had another look at him because I remember when everyone liked him at Toulouse I thought he looked a bit ****. Man, I have to say I was wrong / he looks like he's developed magnificently.

Shades of Diaby (😍) in some of that composure and technical ability there, and long strides. Really did not remember that kind of ability the last time I watched a YouTube comp a few years ago.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I've just read that Barça are very interested by Sangare and I've had another look at him because I remember when everyone liked him at Toulouse I thought he looked a bit ****. Man, I have to say I was wrong / he looks like he's developed magnificently.

Shades of Diaby (😍) in some of that composure and technical ability there, and long strides. Really did not remember that kind of ability the last time I watched a YouTube comp a few years ago.
I've seen a lot of PSV in recent years and this is definitely not how he generally plays. Normally he's a solid destroyer who wins the ball back a lot, but also loses the ball a lot due to sloppy passing technique. He also generally doesn't do that much going forward.

Will admit this game he was very good, but I would say that's not normally his level in posession. If he keeps it up he could be interesting, but I'm sceptical for now. Don't think destroyers with below average technical ability should be what we are looking at.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I've seen a lot of PSV in recent years and this is definitely not how he generally plays. Normally he's a solid destroyer who wins the ball back a lot, but also loses the ball a lot due to sloppy passing technique. He also generally doesn't do that much going forward.

Will admit this game he was very good, but I would say that's not normally his level in posession. If he keeps it up he could be interesting, but I'm sceptical for now. Don't think destroyers with below average technical ability should be what we are looking at.
Thanks for the insight! Yeah, that was my feeling on him, but I always like actual match compilations when doing my youtube scouting 🤣, and that looked really impressive.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
If we are looking for a winger, Nico Williams from Athletic Bilbao can be an option. This guy is very similar than Dembele, he's actually 2-footed

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Okay so this is the guy I am going to look at and see if I can catch some full matches. Looks like a German Declan Rice.

Fbref stats look strong apart from passing, but then I checked everyone else in the midfield and all of them have terrible passing stats, so it could be systematic.

Other than that, 6 ft 4, looks pretty fast, can carry and dribble, completely both footed. He can hit 60 yard balls with his left foot, good in the air and in the highest percentile for ball recoveries and interceptions. One to watch.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
We have to get Tielemans (a cheap option) , a DM and a winger in January.
Without Ødegaard and Zinchenko, nobody can help us to build up.
Tielemans will be a good option to rotate with Ødegaard and Xhaka

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Okay so this is the guy I am going to look at and see if I can catch some full matches. Looks like a German Declan Rice.

Fbref stats look strong apart from passing, but then I checked everyone else in the midfield and all of them have terrible passing stats, so it could be systematic.

Other than that, 6 ft 4, looks pretty fast, can carry and dribble, completely both footed. He can hit 60 yard balls with his left foot, good in the air and in the highest percentile for ball recoveries and interceptions. One to watch.
Never seen him play, but he actually looks really good. Very interesting profile and very realistic as Mainz are a selling club

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom