• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Everton 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 4th, February | KO: 12:30 GMT| BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

This should be relatively straightforward, the new manager bounce not withstanding.

Screenshot-20230128-152222.png

Screenshot-20230128-152237.png

Screenshot-20230128-152251.png

Screenshot-20230128-152321.png

The starting xi picks itself, unless Partey is not fit enough to start and Lokonga takes his place.

8f9bf26f-4004-49f7-9de4-c9ccf7ca79ae.png

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
You need a lot of energy to copy these tactics. Dyche wont succeed with those tactics at the Emirates.

The only gap I see from this game was that "long corner". Other than that, nothing we cant fix.
they outplayed us, and we were unable to play between the lines like we are used to.
When Xhaka and Ode are man-marked we suffer, I am worried that we don't have an alternative path to that.

We did not win any individual duels and all the balls that were half-and-half were won by them.

Doucoure and Onana is a midtable/EL midfield, they have underperformed the entire season.

Zinny frustration tell you what you need to know about the game, they were the better team and our alternatives (meaning Eddie dropping deep or something) is nonexistent, something that we need to work on for sure.

we will learn from this, no need to panic.

sdotzdot

Established Member
That city game showed me we can beat them, I am very confident we will win in a couple of weeks times at the emirates.

Win against Brentford and beat city and we’re laughing, this game will be completely forgotten. Have to keep our heads.

Artemis

I just knew it. Sean Dyche was always going to make this an ugly affair. We failed this test. Couldn't even get a draw.

Nketiah's chance comes to mind. Have to do better. Same with Ødegaard's.

We have to be a lot smarter in games like this. There were opportunities to win penalties, especially for Saka. We need better IQ in the penalty area.

In ugly games, we need to win ugly. If Man City win tomorrow, they're in the driving seat.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Performances at Southampton and Everton keep hurting us. Yes Everton were good but our levels consistently drop at these grounds

We were poor because Everton completely blanketed our attack. They were superb and ran like demons for the entirety of the match. It's the Southampton result that was far worse IMO.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Fair play Everton, good effort. They should have gone in at half time with a lead if were being honest. Now that the league is gone, the lads can relax.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There is no way of spinning getting blown off the pitch by a 19th placed team as a positive. This exact same conversation was being had last year when we'd gotten into 4th after the awful start to the season right before we pissed that away. The only agenda everyone here should have is winning the title and you don't do that getting thumped by a 19th place team. The scoreline flattered us. We were f*cking awful and could easily have lost by 3 or 4.
So what should we do? Call for Artetas head and demand half the team that started is dropped? Or should we blame Edu that he didn't sign Mudryk?

We were awful today. But every league winner has had those days. Even us in our invincible season were we were lucky to scrape a draw.

My post is to try and encourage the drama queen's not to race to twitter saying we are in trouble and the leagues over.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I’d go with Nketiah/Jesus/Saka

Martinelli needs to get dropped ASAP.
I don't see it tbh, think we need to find a solution in the summer. Martinelli is not a winger, Trossard will be useful but he won't play much, and we need Jesus as a CF more than anything

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Think this is a one off tbh. Everton played on adrenaline for most of the game.

They are not gonna play much better all season.
They ran like demons for the entire match. There's no way a team can keep that up over the course of even a few games.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Felt exactly the same as the game against them last season, it’s like we don’t turn up to this ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom