• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal vs Tottenham Cuckspurs | Sunday 24th September | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagwaan

A lot of comparing of Maddison to Kai in another thread. It made me think of those that wanted him over Ødegaard once upon a time.

For me, the question is, after what we’re starting to see from Vieira, would you want James over Fabio? He’s 3 and a half years older and cost about £5m more.

I've liked what I've seen from Fabio of late, looks ready to fight his way into the team.

But at this very moment, Yes I would take Maddison over him.

Wagwaan

Ramsdale starts this game.

He was a beast in both derbies last season, he gets the occasion.

If he's dropped here, he's gone.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
If trossard is out, I don't see Mikel trusting reiss to start even though I'd love that to happen.
It will be Jesus on the left with havertz or Eddie as a striker.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If trossard is out, I don't see Mikel trusting reiss to start even though I'd love that to happen.
It will be Jesus on the left with havertz or Eddie as a striker.
I really think it would be Vieira on the left. He looks the closest to breaking into the starting XI other than Trossard right now. Maybe since Kai played a full game midweek he won’t start and Vieira will be in the midfield though.

It surprises me that Reiss and Emile both stayed at the club. Unless we get really unlucky with injuries I don’t think either will be given genuine opportunities to push for starting places.

bergholt

For me, the question is, after what we’re starting to see from Vieira, would you want James over Fabio? He’s 3 and a half years older and cost about £5m more.

Vieira has a long way to go before he's actually proven at PL level

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What a quote he came up with during an interview this week..

F6viZe_XkAAnmzb

...feel a masterclass from Gabby J today!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Really expectant/excited for this today. Maybe it's partly knowing Kane isn't there to throw a spanner in the works but really think they're there for the taking for us to show a dominant display. I'd be genuinely surprised if we don't win by at least 2 goals.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Maddison is premierleague proven, but I think Vieira has a wider range of vision and passing.

I am unsure Fabio ever reaches Maddison’s level mostly due to the minutes he gets (the lack there of). Gets moved about a bit too.

Guys like Rice and Maddison have been solid in the Prem for years before they jumped up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seeing a lot of love for Reiss 👏

My only worry with him is that for whatever reason, he looks a lot more timid when he starts (admittedly it’s been like, twice) compared to when he’s a sub. Like with most things with Reiss it’s clearly a confidence/mentality type thing.

If he does start I really hope he slays his demons. I can’t see him starting though. Think Arteta would rather start Eddie on the left than either Reiss or Smith Rowe at this point. And I think that’s a mistake.
I think Arteta will start Jesus on the wing and play Hartvetz up top.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am unsure Fabio ever reaches Maddison’s level mostly due to the minutes he gets (the lack there of). Gets moved about a bit too.

Guys like Rice and Maddison have been solid in the Prem for years before they jumped up.
Maybe, it’s pretty tough for him to break into this team currently. I don’t think moving him around is a bad thing in his case, he’s got the ability and intelligence to play 4 positions and that’s only going to help him get minutes.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

he’s got the ability and intelligence to play 4 positions and that’s only going to help him get minutes.

I’ve seen more cases of that backfiring than paying off long term unless it’s a low skilled player who’s aware of their short comings.

Havertz is a recent case in point, his versatility has stalled his development from Leverkusen. Unless Vieira is way more talented than we imagined I think it’s unlikely he overtakes Maddison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom