• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Liverpool | Sunday 4th February | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_GettyImages-73966850-1.jpg

Screenshot-20240201-132557.png

Screenshot-20240201-132611.png

Screenshot-20240201-132624.png

Screenshot-20240201-132650.png

Screenshot-20240201-132710.png

Screenshot-20240201-132725.png

Screenshot-20240201-132740.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool

Screenshot-20240201-133017.png

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Thought the thing with the photographer was a bit much/cringe myself, but they all love it when Klopp does his first pumping nonsense at the end of games. At least be consistent if you're going to keep coming with the celebration police schtick.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Carragher said the win was bigger for City than Arsenal. Used to rate him but what an absolute clown comment.

Clearly bitter but I can see what he means *assuming* City wins tonight puts them above us on GD and assuming they win their other game in hand they'll be above everyone. Also probably based on how City usually finish seasons. A lot of assumptions going on but I can see why he'd say this.

City dropping points tonight changes everything though.

Grandolph

I think our position at the moment is great. Allows us to take it game by game without all the headlines, while the pressure is on klopp/guardiola. Although the media will trash us whenever they get the chance

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What we should do is go to winning if we want to win this title because city are back to their usual self and Liverpool will keep winning yesterday was only second L this season. Long way to go

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Would the invincibles have given a second thought about what people thought about us celebrating a win against our rivals?

This man doesn’t seem to think so.

QMxYIb8.jpg

F*cking legend!! He'd have taken on the entire United team if it were up to him.

He'd be dead, but so would half of United by the time he's done the absolute nutter :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Thought the thing with the photographer was a bit much/cringe myself, but they all love it when Klopp does his first pumping nonsense at the end of games. At least be consistent if you're going to keep coming with the celebration police schtick.

It's not an Arsenal win if the Celebration Police aren't out in force!!

Also, whenever gobby Pool fans pipe up about us overcelebrating, I always have this delightful reminder for them :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
We can discuss the game. I thought Havertz did much better than Jesus would have done. Konate couldn’t handle him, not physically nor his runs. Havertz was dragging their defence all over the place. Havertz was instrumental yesterday. Maybe there is something to playing Havertz up top in the big games.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Considering what happened in previous seasons, Liverpool only taking 2 points off Arsenal out of a possible 12 in the last 2 seasons is most certainly celebration-worthy!

We used to get slapped around like @GDeep™'s misses by both Pool and City and in the last 9 points available against both we've taken 7, that's an enormous improvement.

Still remember that 0-2 at home a few seasons back when that ***** Jota celebrated the first goal, heart-wrenching stuff knowing how much better they were then.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Clearly bitter but I can see what he means *assuming* City wins tonight puts them above us on GD and assuming they win their other game in hand they'll be above everyone. Also probably based on how City usually finish seasons. A lot of assumptions going on but I can see why he'd say this.

City dropping points tonight changes everything though.

Nah man if we lost against Pool that's our season more or less over bar the CL, City would have been looking good regardless of the result. Even an eternal optimist like me couldn't see us catch Liverpool from 8 points out with just over a third of the season left, and we'd be miles back on City as well. Was a huge huge huge result for us and was convenient for City but nowhere near as important for them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nah man if we lost against Pool that's our season more or less over bar the CL, City would have been looking good regardless of the result. Even an eternal optimist like me couldn't see us catch Liverpool from 8 points out with just over a third of the season left, and we'd be miles back on City as well. Was a huge huge huge result for us and was convenient for City but nowhere near as important for them.

It gives City a clear path for going top tho provided they won their two games in hand. I think that's what he means

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He’s a prick fullstop. Should be on bein sports with that other hairy **** Richard Keys after spitting on that little girl.

We do over celebrate at times though. I’d just like us to be a bit more ice cold after these kind of wins. Show the football world that it’s just a normal day at the office for a massive club like ours. Save the party for the locker room.
Its a balance - the team needs some emotion otherwise we end up with the sterile vibe from earlier in the season. I think some of the prior criticism was valid as it showed it was a team of aspirants rather than winners (mind you, only Jorgi and Havertz have won anything significant before so don't know what people expect), but we just beat the team top of the league to keep our season alive, so perfectly merited in this situation.

Half of it is just anti-arteta jealousy because he's younger than all of them.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

It gives City a clear path for going top tho provided they won their two games in hand. I think that's what he means

I know what he means and I understand you being charitable to it but when you actually look at what he said its Clownshow Carragher with a hot take I'm afraid, there's no way the result was more important for City than us.

Say Liverpool won yesterday and City win both their games in hand, City would be two points off with KDB back (not a disaster) and we'd be 8 off (complete disaster and 99% out of the title race). Even if they got a win and draw from those two you'd back City to make up 4 points on this overachieving Liverpool side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom