• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,777
  • Views 1,163,891

Think this ones a better goal. Struck it nice and true. Robben-esque. Wilshere was a schoolboy at the time though so it was a tad more impressive.

Cozier-Duberry needs to be playing man's football.

Feels like a decision has already been taken because of his physicality or something at our club but yeah we still should be giving him best pathway to top football and at this stage he is not challenged enough at this level.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Bradley Ibrahim is off. Never really watched him in any game, to be honest. All the best to him.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Looks like Bradley Ibrahim is off. Never really watched him in any game, to be honest. All the best to him.
My view is that he will have a good career, but lacks any single really fantastic quality that would make him likely to make it at our level. Good that we've protected ourselves with sell on and first refusal clauses though

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
What's everyones's thoughts on Khayon Edwards, Zane Monlouis, and Sagoe Jr going out on loan? I personally think it's a great opportunity for all 3 of them.

Zane will certainly get the get a baptism of fire I'm sure as Reading are currently in the relegation zone in the EFL L1. This will be a test of his mentality and his concentration levels will need to be at a very high level. He does tend to lose concentration at times but let's see how he fares in a highly competitive environment. Can he be a leader in this situation? He captains our U21 side so let's so if he can transfer those leadership skills to this scenario.

Khayon Edwards has moved to Leyton Orient, currently 9th place in the EFL L1. Their current top scorer is 19 year old Shaq Forde who moved to them on loan from Watford and currently has 8 goals in 12 starts. Let's hope Khayon can compete with their current forwards and get some goals. There's a good opportunity for him to shine here as their current more experienced forwards are abysmal at the moment.

Sagoe Jr is an interesting one too. He got a loan to an EFL Championship club in Swansea and he's deserved it. I actually thought he'd porbably get a L1 club but for him to get an opportunity at Championship level just shows how much he has improved as a player. He even got off the bench in their 1-0 loss to Plymouth at the weekend so it seems he has impressed in training enough to get an opprtunity to try and change the game for them.

On a side note, I did think Bandeira might have got a loan to a L2 club. He seems to have been around for ages. Maybe he will cover RB so Walters can play CB. We look depleted at the back now with only Foran, Walters and I think Jeffcott is back too as his loan got terminated with Derby. I'm not sure if we terminated the loan agreement to have him back as cover or whether Derby terminated the agreement but it certainly would not surpise me if it was the latter.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What's everyones's thoughts on Khayon Edwards, Zane Monlouis, and Sagoe Jr going out on loan? I personally think it's a great opportunity for all 3 of them.

Zane will certainly get the get a baptism of fire I'm sure as Reading are currently in the relegation zone in the EFL L1. This will be a test of his mentality and his concentration levels will need to be at a very high level. He does tend to lose concentration at times but let's see how he fares in a highly competitive environment. Can he be a leader in this situation? He captains our U21 side so let's so if he can transfer those leadership skills to this scenario.

Khayon Edwards has moved to Leyton Orient, currently 9th place in the EFL L1. Their current top scorer is 19 year old Shaq Forde who moved to them on loan from Watford and currently has 8 goals in 12 starts. Let's hope Khayon can compete with their current forwards and get some goals. There's a good opportunity for him to shine here as their current more experienced forwards are abysmal at the moment.

Sagoe Jr is an interesting one too. He got a loan to an EFL Championship club in Swansea and he's deserved it. I actually thought he'd porbably get a L1 club but for him to get an opportunity at Championship level just shows how much he has improved as a player. He even got off the bench in their 1-0 loss to Plymouth at the weekend so it seems he has impressed in training enough to get an opprtunity to try and change the game for them.

On a side note, I did think Bandeira might have got a loan to a L2 club. He seems to have been around for ages. Maybe he will cover RB so Walters can play CB. We look depleted at the back now with only Foran, Walters and I think Jeffcott is back too as his loan got terminated with Derby. I'm not sure if we terminated the loan agreement to have him back as cover or whether Derby terminated the agreement but it certainly would not surpise me if it was the latter.
Think it's about time to be honest. Edwards would have been on loan already were it not for his unfortunate injury last season. Taken a while to recover but he looks good again recently.

I'm really happy to see Sagoe Jr get a Championship loan. He's a player who looks resilient and even when overawed, he has good character so I think he will actually be a success on loan at Swansea. There's a reason Arteta likes him for sure. He came on to the right wing though, thought he should have come on the left hand side. More of a cut in and shoot/playmaker type winger/forward. Think he'll end up being more of a success than Patino in the back end of the season as the latter has fallen out of favour for a 2nd time.

As for Zane Monlouis, I've long been a massive fan of his - especially in the last year or so. Young defenders make mistakes often, but Monlouis' mistakes are usually from his ambitious possession game rather than outright defensive errors. He's so unflappable and calm at the moment and was an underrated member of 2 defensive partnerships with Zach Awe and now Reuell Walters. League 1 is not the baptism of fire I was hoping for but it's how Ballard and McGuinness had to pay their dues before their current Championship run. I think it's a good start and could lead to a Championship loan next season. I do hope we keep Monlouis for the time being - he might not make it but he'll be an asset if he does. Think he'll be a PL player long term.

I figured Bandeira might struggle to get a loan as he didn't seem to be favoured at Colchester. Not sure why it didn't work out, he's a decent player. I agree though, we're not looking so hot at the back without Monlouis. Foran is still there but even at left back we're looking very light. Ayden Heaven will probably play LB which I'm not a fan of but it's not the worst learning curve for him. He's another CM playing in defence so learning an inverted full-back role isn't the worst thing in the world - as much as I find it annoying that we keep converting decent CMs into full-backs just because it's in vogue, we have a shortage there). I'm not that keen on the CBs coming up at the moment either. Kacurri is popular but he's very raw, and Luis Brown is decent but don't think his ceiling is very high. Heaven - as said before - is a DM/CM. Wilshere gets flak but one thing his team doesn't have problems with is scoring goals. It's the defending that needs work.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Think it's about time to be honest. Edwards would have been on loan already were it not for his unfortunate injury last season. Taken a while to recover but he looks good again recently.

I'm really happy to see Sagoe Jr get a Championship loan. He's a player who looks resilient and even when overawed, he has good character so I think he will actually be a success on loan at Swansea. There's a reason Arteta likes him for sure. He came on to the right wing though, thought he should have come on the left hand side. More of a cut in and shoot/playmaker type winger/forward. Think he'll end up being more of a success than Patino in the back end of the season as the latter has fallen out of favour for a 2nd time.

As for Zane Monlouis, I've long been a massive fan of his - especially in the last year or so. Young defenders make mistakes often, but Monlouis' mistakes are usually from his ambitious possession game rather than outright defensive errors. He's so unflappable and calm at the moment and was an underrated member of 2 defensive partnerships with Zach Awe and now Reuell Walters. League 1 is not the baptism of fire I was hoping for but it's how Ballard and McGuinness had to pay their dues before their current Championship run. I think it's a good start and could lead to a Championship loan next season. I do hope we keep Monlouis for the time being - he might not make it but he'll be an asset if he does. Think he'll be a PL player long term.

I figured Bandeira might struggle to get a loan as he didn't seem to be favoured at Colchester. Not sure why it didn't work out, he's a decent player. I agree though, we're not looking so hot at the back without Monlouis. Foran is still there but even at left back we're looking very light. Ayden Heaven will probably play LB which I'm not a fan of but it's not the worst learning curve for him. He's another CM playing in defence so learning an inverted full-back role isn't the worst thing in the world - as much as I find it annoying that we keep converting decent CMs into full-backs just because it's in vogue, we have a shortage there). I'm not that keen on the CBs coming up at the moment either. Kacurri is popular but he's very raw, and Luis Brown is decent but don't think his ceiling is very high. Heaven - as said before - is a DM/CM. Wilshere gets flak but one thing his team doesn't have problems with is scoring goals. It's the defending that needs work.
Agree with every word of this

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Said this on twitter earlier, but this is a huge positive step in terms of our ability to recruit. I do hope it doesn't mean the end for a couple of guys we've still currently got (Cozier-Duberry & Walters in particular) but ultimately I'm happy with this and I hope this includes putting some money into the coaching aspects in particular.

There's usually a massive discrepancy between our bigger talents (e.g Nwaneri/Lewis-Skelly) and everyone else. There's some plucky ones in there like a Michal Rosiak or an Osman Kamara for example but that's about it in terms of guys with a realistic shot of bringing in £ or having a significant shot at first team football. I hope this will go some way to addressing that gap.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Could someone let me know, I've got no idea between the 3 CB's on EA FC 24 & real life, who is the most likely to get through to our 1st team between Taylor Foran, Zane Monlouis & Omar Rekik?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Could someone let me know, I've got no idea between the 3 CB's on EA FC 24 & real life, who is the most likely to get through to our 1st team between Taylor Foran, Zane Monlouis & Omar Rekik?
Monlouis is probably the only one with a snowball in hell's chance, but even then its a long shot given how hard it is for centre-backs to break through at top level clubs.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Easily Monlouis. The most complete defender of the 3. Don't think he makes it though, he has extra tough competition. I'd like to see how he does at Reading - although it seems as though they're not going to give him a proper run out. I hate it when mid-season loanees go out and just sit on the bench.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Easily Monlouis. The most complete defender of the 3. Don't think he makes it though, he has extra tough competition. I'd like to see how he does at Reading - although it seems as though they're not going to give him a proper run out. I hate it when mid-season loanees go out and just sit on the bench.
Yeah - takes the piss really - they make out they will give the players opportunities when really they just want depth to back up their established teams as a contingency

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Can still count himself very unlucky not to have made his professional debut yet. Has worked for it and while he hasn't been as strong this season as last (I put that down to not being challenged by this level) he's still been comfortably the best attacker for us at this level. It's up in the air whether he stays or goes IMO - Secret Scout reckons he's going. I'm hopeful we can win him round tbh but we will have to see!

Playing for England U16s despite being an u14 is outrageous. Don't be surprised if he makes his u21 debut next season. I caught a couple clips of this game and honestly the kid is a freak. We are gonna have to work very hard to keep the hype quiet once he becomes a semi-known quantity.

Only saw one clip of him with u18 and he didn't look out of place at all. Physically and technically.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Only saw one clip of him with u18 and he didn't look out of place at all. Physically and technically.
I've seen a few more clips now and while it's not much to form an opinion, I feel I've seen enough. He's absurdly good for a 13 year old. Literally doesn't make sense. Similar poise to Nwaneri - head up, good balance+agility, a wonderful anticipation of contact and reading of space. I don't think I've seen a talent this good at this age before. That could be a something to be wary of, some players do peak quite early - but depending on how he physically develops over the next few years and how well Hale End manages not only his development but the massive hype this kid is gonna have by next season, there's real limitless potential here. That particular age group - Dowman and the Meron twins are the ones who're gonna be giant hype machines next year, I can feel it. I dread it but I'm still excited to see their development.

I'll also be intrigued to see our scholarship pickups next year. The next batch seem to be pretty talented all-round. Likes of Chido Obi, Louis Zecevic-John, Theo Julienne etc. Wilshere's already had a chunk of them in his teams this season and eked out results with them. Couple that with a 14 year old Dowman (even typing it makes it look ridiculous :lol:) and a few of the current 1st years along with some strong recruitments, could be looking at a strong group forming.

Afro Mugo

I've seen a few more clips now and while it's not much to form an opinion, I feel I've seen enough. He's absurdly good for a 13 year old. Literally doesn't make sense. Similar poise to Nwaneri - head up, good balance+agility, a wonderful anticipation of contact and reading of space. I don't think I've seen a talent this good at this age before. That could be a something to be wary of, some players do peak quite early - but depending on how he physically develops over the next few years and how well Hale End manages not only his development but the massive hype this kid is gonna have by next season, there's real limitless potential here. That particular age group - Dowman and the Meron twins are the ones who're gonna be giant hype machines next year, I can feel it. I dread it but I'm still excited to see their development.

I'll also be intrigued to see our scholarship pickups next year. The next batch seem to be pretty talented all-round. Likes of Chido Obi, Louis Zecevic-John, Theo Julienne etc. Wilshere's already had a chunk of them in his teams this season and eked out results with them. Couple that with a 14 year old Dowman (even typing it makes it look ridiculous :lol:) and a few of the current 1st years along with some strong recruitments, could be looking at a strong group forming.
Dont know whether it counts anymore but he (Dowman) comes from a massive gooner family so I think the club will know as long as they show him a pathway , they won't have much to worry about and yes he is a freak of a talent. Didn't think we'd have anyone close to Nwaneri for a number of years but here we are moving like peak La Massia. Also, in next years scholarship intake we have Ife Ibrahim , Technical Tall CM. More of a passer than a dribbler . The twins will get the Hutchinson hype because their folks are really active on social media .

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom