• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Mainoo added to the England squad after 15 league games. Big clubs young players have huge advantage when it comes to being picked. If Mainoo played 15 games for Brentford would he be in the England squad?

I see what you're saying but if you watch him play, you'll see why he should be in on merit. Plus it's a position that England lack depth in.

If anything this just tells me how weak minded Southgate is, says he doesn't want to disrupt Mainoo's development as he's adjusting to first team football, then does a U-turn.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I see what you're saying but if you watch him play, you'll see why he should be in on merit. Plus it's a position that England lack depth in.

If anything this just tells me how weak minded Southgate is, says he doesn't want to disrupt Mainoo's development as he's adjusting to first team football, then does a U-turn.
I think he looks very good on the ball. Positionally he is clearly not there, but he is 18. He looks to have all the ingredients to be a top player. Just think it’s too early after 15 league games. He should have picked someone else

Let's play Aubamawang

Mainoo added to the England squad after 15 league games. Big clubs young players have huge advantage when it comes to being picked. If Mainoo played 15 games for Brentford would he be in the England squad?
Sure, if by big clubs you specifically mean Utd, City and Liverpool. The only reason Southgate picked Saka is because he basically picks himself. As soon as an 18 yo kicks a ball for Utd, Southgate comes calling.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Sure, if by big clubs you specifically mean Utd, City and Liverpool. The only reason Southgate picked Saka is because he basically picks himself. As soon as an 18 yo kicks a ball for Utd, Southgate comes calling.

If that was the case we'd also see Quansah from Liverpool who's been excellent but he didn't get a call-up

For those who've watched Mainoo closely, this call up is not a surprise. Very easy to see from the reactions here who's watched him. With Mainoo, Southgate has done a complete U-turn, said he wasn't going to pick him but after Liverpool selects him.

Let's play Aubamawang

If that was the case we'd also see Quansah from Liverpool who's been excellent but he didn't get a call-up

For those who've watched Mainoo closely, this call up is not a surprise. Very easy to see from the reactions here who's watched him. With Mainoo, Southgate has done a complete U-turn, said he wasn't going to pick him but after Liverpool selects him.
Oh I'm not suggesting he isn't talented. But certain youngsters get fast tracked quicker than others. I don't know the situation with Quansah, maybe he has enough CBs? Maguire will be selected until he reaches 100 caps anyway.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Southgate should be playing as much of the "second string" as possible - he pretty much knows his preferred first 12-13 players, get the likes of Mainoo, Palmer, Ramsdale, Watkins on the pitch to see what they're about.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Southgate should be playing as much of the "second string" as possible - he pretty much knows his preferred first 12-13 players, get the likes of Mainoo, Palmer, Ramsdale, Watkins on the pitch to see what they're about.
I think we all know he's going to play Saka and Rice 180 minutes or close to it for no good reason.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Part of the problem with England are the fans accepting poor management. It's a meme with all the 'It's coming home stuff' but most England fans accept getting to the semi's as something pretty great because for us historically that is good. Shouldn't be now though.

There's an acceptance in this country that giving it a good go and getting knocked out in the later stages of major tournaments ( even by inferior sides) is a success and it really shouldn't be.

This is the best England squad in my lifetime, England really shouldn't be getting beaten by anyone other than France ( probably a 50/50) at the Euros.

Bet we bottle it though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Part of the problem with England are the fans accepting poor management. It's a meme with all the 'It's coming home stuff' but most England fans accept getting to the semi's as something pretty great because for us historically that is good. Shouldn't be now though.

There's an acceptance in this country that giving it a good go and getting knocked out in the later stages of major tournaments ( even by inferior sides) is a success and it really shouldn't be.

This is the best England squad in my lifetime, England really shouldn't be getting beaten by anyone other than France ( probably a 50/50) at the Euros.

Bet we bottle it though.

I remember you bullying me because I said England bottled it against France in the World Cup.

The sleeper awakens over here…

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
France was less of a bottle job than Italy or Croatia tbf.

Both of those cases should have been enough to trigger his sacking. England were way beyond both of them in quality, but the cowardice of Southgate to play to England strengths, allowed both of them to win.

You were playing on Wembley in front of 90k English fans, took the lead very very early, Italy had nothing on you for the whole game, what more can you ask !??
What Southgate did that night was criminal in terms of being too afraid to attack relentlessly, while Italy were playing for the penalties whole night long.
And when he saw that he failed, his team were petrified of penalties and he threw young players like Saka and Sancho to the wolves by handing them key penalties.

Same was with Croatia tbf. You had a young England squad brimming with talent, pace against an aging Croatia who barely arrived at semis after gruelling knockout rounds all ending in 120 minutes.

It was like the (22-year old) Mike Tyson vs. (38 yr- old) Larry Holmes before the whistle.
Tyson would land a knockdown (England scored a goal through Trippier), so instead of keeping the fight up to finally knock Croatia out, they recovered and eventually won.

The difference is that Tyson knocked former world-champion Holmes out in 1st round iirc from Youtube videos

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Now i understand what people mean when they call England "Cúck lsland". An american company just took a massive dump on the nation's flag (what people are they trying to appeal to?) and they did this in cooperation with the FA. Its a proper disgrace if they keep this repulsive version of the flag.

GoonerJay24

Yh, England gonna get found out again I think. Just no creativity in midfield, especially in terms of passing and the final pass. Foden, Mainoo, Rice, Bellingham etc are all good driving and running with the ball; but the technical passing precision imo. Admittedly,I've not seen much of Mainoo but he seems a similar profile to the others

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom