• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Think the issue is the fact Haaland isn't actually Norwegian, he's a robot programmed to think he's Norwegian.

Now he seems to be gaining some self awareness, and thus is rightly questioning his allegiances.

Was always gonna happen, imo.
Halaand is an ex-KGB sleeper agent. A tool designed to destroy the beautiful sport for Soviet propaganda.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lauren’s is blaming Southgate there, not the player. The attack done nothing today.
They blame everything on Southgate. He played him 90 mins and he played him in the 2 positions his club uses him on the right and as 10. He just had a passive game. Gordon went in the Brazilian box several times and even had 3 shots inside the box. So there is no excuse for Foden

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'll never understand people coming here and giving us updates on what people are saying on another forum. Like who gives a sh*t really?

Never understood this either tbh. Like we're taking the opinions of random guys posting on a football forum and posting them on here like they hold any weight. I barely care what pundits/media say imagine caring what some random average bloke thinks.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Never understood this either tbh. Like we're taking the opinions of random guys posting on a football forum and posting them on here like they hold any weight. I barely care what pundits/media say imagine caring what some random average bloke thinks.
Do they expect them to be praising Arsenal or something? There's enough stupid football opinions out there already don't need an update from the dumbest fanbase on earth.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Bale and Ramsey absolutely grafted for Wales lol.

If you play for a sh*t international team you should be working even harder. Awful comments.

Fairly sure he's replying to a question about the amount of games you have to play overall these days, and the "the quality goes down" are the matches themselves as players can't give 100% every game, which is true.

Would be insane if he came out and said "eh I cba giving anything for Norway" ffs :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What's Ødegaard like for Norway for those who watch him?

@GoonerJeeves does Martin phone it in too...he always struck me as a person to.give 100%

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What's Ødegaard like for Norway for those who watch him?

@GoonerJeeves does Martin phone it in too.
He's a bit hampered by the lack of quality around him, though with Bobb and Nusa coming through that might change.

Then there's been some odd tactical decisions by the manager, at some point they stuck poor Ødegaard out on the right wing...to give room for Mo Elyounoussi...You have one of the best central midfielders in the world, and you stick him out on the wing?!

He still works his socks off for the team though.

outlawz

I know how good those other sides were but it’s not like France were the underdogs. They had a really good side plus they were the host nation for the tournament which is an added advantage.

My whole point is they’ve had a plethora of talent over the years compared to other nations, so there is definitely a debate to be had whether Deschamps and others should have done better with the resources available. It’s on them whether they refused to make best use of it.
I understand if they didn't win any World Cups and clearly under performed, in which case a debate would be warranted. But if they're the best performing nation, then it's an unfair criticism.

Obviously, you can criticise who you want, but I disagree.

outlawz

France 98 struggled Paraguay 1st ko stage.....Italy to pens last 8.

Great win in the final but even the semi Croatia gave them a tough game.
France had never won a WC before 98, and nobody thought they were gonna win it despite home soil. Brazil were the overwhelming favourites, Ronaldo was the tournaments superstar, the Holland and Brazil semi was for many the final of that tournament.

I still remember it vividly. A shock double from Thuram in the semis and a shock double from Zidane won them the trophy, yet the whole story in the aftermath of the final was what happened to Ronaldo and what happened to Brazil. Because nobody thought France were gonna win.

Riou

Brazil won the World Cup in 1994, won the World Cup in 2002.

Yet in the tournament in-between where they still made the final, the main story was still about them not winning it...what a team they used to have and standard they used to set.

Anyway can't wait for Richarlison and co to not pass the quarter final stage yet again in a few years 👍

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I understand if they didn't win any World Cups and clearly under performed, in which case a debate would be warranted. But if they're the best performing nation, then it's an unfair criticism.

Obviously, you can criticise who you want, but I disagree.

Using that logic it’s like saying Manchester United have dominated the Premier League by winning 13 PL titles therefore they should be immune from criticism. That’s why I see this as a pointless debate.

Deschamps is a dud and you’ll see what happens when he decides it’s time to move on from his position. There will be no Mbappe, Griezmann, Kante etc to bail him out.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Brazil won the World Cup in 1994, won the World Cup in 2002.

Yet in the tournament in-between where they still made the final, the main story was still about them not winning it...what a team they used to have and standard they used to set.

Anyway can't wait for Richarlison and co to not pass the quarter final stage yet again in a few years 👍
Sadly we can't laugh at him as he starts for Brazil because a clown we have has like 1 goal in four years for Brazil

Topside

Always think back to 1982 WC super tournament Algeria sadly suffered at the hands of the West Germany Austria game a 0 0 draw played out. It was shameful.

Other side so many great games, England went out unbeaten but had a good tournament. Second stage due to upset results. England in with hosts Spain and West Germany.

Brazil 1982 broke many a nuetrals heart, were amazing to watch Serginho as 9, missed chances but watching them attack from full back like Holland 74, 78 very exciting team.

outlawz

Using that logic it’s like saying Manchester United have dominated the Premier League by winning 13 PL titles therefore they should be immune from criticism. That’s why I see this as a pointless debate.

Deschamps is a dud and you’ll see what happens when he decides it’s time to move on from his position. There will be no Mbappe, Griezmann, Kante etc to bail him out.
It absolutely would be like that, which is why you almost never hear anyone critically criticise Ferguson or his Man Utd.

Well, aside from us rivals hating on their cheating, scumbag, hateful, motherfucking ways.

Riou

The dream is to play wonderfully and win, but not all teams can to that...I look at our early 00s teams I watched as a very lucky privilege and not a right.

The main thing is to win, first and foremost...you think someone like Greece care that they were busy parking merchants, when they got the trophy 😅

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom