• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I think if you have a top Partey at 6 it does work.

Perhaps yeah. I mean we saw both combinations against city this season and they “worked” but those games we also basically played in a way where a draw was an acceptable outcome so it’s not a fair comparison with the Bayern game in which I’m sure we demanded a win,

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Look where rice is and how he can clearly see sane on the ball and groetzka is way nfront of him. 2 seconds later groetzka is behind him running at the heart of our midfield. And Rice in no man’s land

Attachments

• F652D329-9480-459E-B511-88718DF12A12.png
    F652D329-9480-459E-B511-88718DF12A12.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 10

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Look where rice is and how he can clearly see sane on the ball and groetzka is way nfront of him. 2 seconds later groetzka is behind him running at the heart of our midfield. And Rice in no man’s land

Raya's needless run out, Gabriel's overhit pass, Kiwior not reading the ball, Rice not tracking his man.

Just one mistake that lead to a disaster chain for us, very annoying...we move though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Raya's needless run out, Gabriel's overhit pass, Kiwior not reading the ball, Rice not tracking his man.

Just one mistake that lead to a disaster chain for us, very annoying...we move though.
I agree. I just think Rice made the biggest mistake. Everything else happened before they had the ball. By the time they get the ball sane we are still set. Rice rash reaction makes Dane’s mind up as he leave his space that opens an area sane can pass. We move. Rice gets 63% of the blame for the goal

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I agree. I just think Rice made the biggest mistake. Everything else happened before they had the ball. By the time they get the ball sane we are still set. Rice rash reaction makes Dane’s mind up as he leave his space that opens an area sane can pass. We move. Rice gets 63% of the blame for the goal

I would say Raya deserves most, as if he stays relatively back then Gabriel has an easy pass on and nothing happens...none of the players mentioned though come out of that situation well though.

Tnegs

Watch it again the only reason Rice is there is because he drops into that position to support whoever Gabriel was trying to pass the ball to. The bad positioning is because the ball went to a Bayern player instead.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Watch it again the only reason Rice is there is because he drops into that position to support whoever Gabriel was trying to pass the ball to. The bad positioning is because the ball went to a Bayern player instead.
When sane gets the ball rice is in very good position. The picture I shared shows sane is on the ball and groetzka is 10 yards infront of rice. If rice stays in his position nothing happens. Instead he pushes up and groetzka runs into the space he leaves between our CBs. He essentially made Sanes mind up to pass to the area he left

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Raya has to take the majority of the blame for that goal.

There's no reason for him to be out there in no mans land, he clearly put the jitters into Gabriel and didn't give him a very simple back pass option.

Rice and Gabriel deserve some blame but the fundamental error is Raya's.

Tnegs

When sane gets the ball rice is in very good position. The picture I shared shows sane is on the ball and groetzka is 10 yards infront of rice. If rice stays in his position nothing happens. Instead he pushes up and groetzka runs into the space he leaves between our CBs. He essentially made Sanes mind up to pass to the area he left

He could have done better no doubt but I can’t imagine anyone watching that video would say he was the main reason for that goal. Look at that donkey level defending that’s something Chesney and Kos would have pulled off.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would say Raya deserves most, as if he stays relatively back then Gabriel has an easy pass on and nothing happens...none of the players mentioned though come out of that situation well though.
Gabriel still had an easy pass to Kiwior which he played under no pressure and Kiwior failed to control when my nan pre hip replacement could have reeled it in without issue. It's like if a squirrel runs across 100 feet in front of my car and then a few seconds later when the squirrel is gone, I jump the curb for absolutely no reason. It's not the squirrel's fault at that point.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Never claimed to be insightful, some posters insinuated that there was criticism on Rice the player - I clarified I was only talking about this scenario. Wasn’t even criticism on my end.

You’re just steaming because I said Saka plays like crap sometimes. Which was more of a nothing opinion btw, but you can’t let it go and you won’t rest until we all share your nasty fetishes.
Once again projecting. You always want to come off as insightful. Like you're saying something deep that most on here don't get about the current players and yet you were twerking for Pepe 😂. Make it make sense, please.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Once again projecting. You always want to come off as insightful. Like you're saying something deep that most on here don't get about the current players and yet you were twerking for Pepe 😂. Make it make sense, please.

You do know this is the Rice thread and Pepe who was bad and didn't work out left years ago right? Did you want me to move to Turkey with him? What's wrong with you

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You do know this is the Rice thread and Pepe who was bad and didn't work out left years ago right? Did you want me to move to Turkey with him? What's wrong with you
I'm just using Pepe as an example cause I notice you like to throw passive aggressive shots at current arsenal players. You just wait for them to have a subpar game after playing 10 consistent games in a row then nitpick their game lol. I think some of y'all are so jaded that you just watch Arsenal hoping that things fall apart because of the last 20 years.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think the 6 and 8 thing will be debated throughout Rice's Arsenal career under Arteta and I am personally not married to either.

I think Burnley in that exact scenario Rice somehow mops that up and we call him WC. Even the Liverpool example I used pretty much proved what Henry said. I don't really know what Rice does with Gnabry and them bearing down on goal, it's a different proposition.

Henry was saying that Saliba couldn't cover centre (or at least had to stay wider than he'd have liked) because of Gnabry's run but White was tracking him and Saliba ended up between the two and essentially cut out of the play.

You could blame Saliba, Rice or White for the goal but tbh its harsh on all three.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Henry was saying that Saliba couldn't cover centre (or at least had to stay wider than he'd have liked) because of Gnabry's run but White was tracking him and Saliba ended up between the two and essentially cut out of the play.

You could blame Saliba, Rice or White for the goal but tbh its harsh on all three.

I've seen some throw Raya's name into the hat too. Think it's just an unfortunate chain of events against top quality rather than something to scrutinise too deeply.

blrgooner

Established Member
That’s crazy you have 2 defenders giving the ball away in a stupid position how did Rice make the biggest mistake there? He steps up to stop the short pass and the ball gets played in behind where again you have defenders who don’t deal with it.
Gabi didn`t really give the ball away. He made a pass which Kiwi should have been able to get. When the opposition is attacking and Rice can see that Gabi is out of position, the no 6 should ensure that he should not step up and let a player who is well in front of him get behind so easily. I don`t think we gave the ball away in a stupid position actually. It was out wide almost near the middle of the pitch.
Again, this is exactly the kind of thing Rice is actually good at. These are situations where I would take Rice over most other players( Would definitely take him over Partey w.r.t anticipation). Players are not robots though and they make mistakes which is fine.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Raya has to take the majority of the blame for that goal.

There's no reason for him to be out there in no mans land, he clearly put the jitters into Gabriel and didn't give him a very simple back pass option.

Rice and Gabriel deserve some blame but the fundamental error is Raya's.
It really isn't though. This is like blaming the pigeon that distracted Ramsdale. A professional footballer should be able to make the pass that Gabriel misplayed to Kiwior when under pressure. He wasn't even under pressure. Your GK coming out of the goal and then retreating 5 seconds earlier should not unsettle you to the point that you react like Gabriel did nor should a professional footballer make a total c*ckup of receiving a slightly misplayed ball the way Kiwi did. The action was over and done with. Blaming Raya is absolutely nonsensical. His part of it is long over by the time the other 2 conspire to concede. It's funny, if Raya leaks in a ball shot straight at him after a defender gives the ball away to concede that shot, Raya is still going to get the blame, so I have no idea why people are so keen to absolve the defenders of their mistake.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom