• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

arsmile

Established Member
I would have quite liked for them to have been some speculative stories linking us to an out of contract flamini this summer....for interest if nothing else...would be free.

eye4goal

Established Member
psycho said:
Felt we missed a trick with Aubameyang. Would have been a far superior version of what we tried to do with Gervinho upfront and could have played with Giroud if need be, and wouldn't have costed the earth. Would have been perfect for us.

Smart buy, but easier to make if you have a top striker like Lewandowski. They are giving him a season to settle before he takes over next summer. We could end up regretting it, but I can see why we were aiming for the very best available

Floating

Established Member
Anyone have any idea how Rômulo is doing at Spartak?

He looked brilliant for Brasil, and he could be a perfect defensive midfielder for us, in my opinion.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
eye4goal said:
psycho said:
Felt we missed a trick with Aubameyang. Would have been a far superior version of what we tried to do with Gervinho upfront and could have played with Giroud if need be, and wouldn't have costed the earth. Would have been perfect for us.

Smart buy, but easier to make if you have a top striker like Lewandowski. They are giving him a season to settle before he takes over next summer. We could end up regretting it, but I can see why we were aiming for the very best available
Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago, people were laughing at yet another Ligue 1 buy and scorning at such a buy? Fickle fans. Now we are aiming for the best and yet people still moan about 2nd rate strikers.

Arai said:
If we miss those 2 strikers, I would like us to sign Lisandro Lopez.

Quality striker IMO.
:lol: Are you for real? The guy is so over the hill nowadays its not even funny.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Anzac said:
Ibrahimovic - IMO he is the ideal CF for our style & requirements.

Care to elaborate on why, Anzac?

For me, any 'ideal' CF for us must have pace. Not to mention the required work rate when we're finally getting more out of the players behind both tactically and with regards to work rate. Having a CF that negates this to an extent cannot be ideal for our requirements.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Ibrahimovic is just fine for pace, brah. I remember watching that Sweden - England match he destroyed the England defence for pace on a few occasions. Of course that might start to fade now but there's no guarantee that will happen straight away.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Wouldn't call Ibra slow by any means, but someone with real pace would be ideal ala Higuain. Ibra certainly isn't as quick as I'd ideally want up top as he's not explosive off the mark.

WengerFaithful

We need to urgently moved this along to a place we think we know where it is going with Suarez. If not Valenica have given a deadline of Aug 8th for anyone to make a bid of 23million for Soldado (Release Clause Figure) who had a very fine goal rate last season in a top league and is not a player to be high nosed at just because we are linked and going after better. We bid and its agreed and we have a striker and we can move onto what is more important getting in a GK and Defender who can move across the back four.

We are like an idiot painter who paints himself slowely into a corner.

eye4goal

Established Member
Ibra would be like Bergkamp for us. He'd be a perfect partner for Walcott and Podolski, but I think his wages are over £420k a week.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Isn't he on crazy wages because of the tax in France, meaning he only receives 100-200k. If we wanted him we could afford him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
12M a year after tax, according to Gabriel Marcotti.

Wouldn't want Soldado, good player but nearly 25M for a 28 year old, not sure, doesn't seem a Wenger type anyway. If we can't find the very best, Suarez, then we should hold tight with Giroud.

Cesar
Williams/Rami at CB
Gustavo
quality wide man
Suarez

Think we could push for top 3 and get a Cup with the above signings.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sczesney/Fabianski?

Sagna/Jenkinson
Kos/Verm/Mert/New CB
Gibbs/Monreal

Arteta/Gundogan
Wilshere/Ramsey/Diaby
Fabregas/Rosicky

Walcott/Ox
Suarez/Giroud
Rooney/Cazorla

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesar to challenge and rotate with Chesney. Fabianski is talented but picks up too many knocks, always gets injured when he makes the team.

Gundagon is great shout btw, especially as there is an issue with his current contact negotiations apparently.

Floating

Established Member
GDeep said:
Gundagon is great shout btw, especially as there is an issue with his current contact negotiations apparently.

According to AFCAMDEN and Tim Payton, our interest in Gundogan is real, as well. Don't think we've made any bids yet, though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
GDeep said:

According to AFCAMDEN and Tim Payton, our interest in Gundogan is real, as well. Don't think we've made any bids yet, though.

:shock: We're actually in for Gundagon, I don't remember reading that. Hard to see him leaving after Gotze but I guess Podolski/Rosický could be used to sweeten a deal.

cannonade

Established Member
Penn_ said:
Floating said:
GDeep said:

:shock: We're actually in for Gundagon, I don't remember reading that. Hard to see him leaving after Gotze but I guess Podolski/Rosický could be used to sweeten a deal.

We have no player that does what Gundagon does for Dortmund. They don't need Podolski or Rosicky. My guess is they're going to get that contract settled.

Anzac

Established Member
AFC-Phil said:
Anzac said:
Ibrahimovic - IMO he is the ideal CF for our style & requirements.

Care to elaborate on why, Anzac?

For me, any 'ideal' CF for us must have pace. Not to mention the required work rate when we're finally getting more out of the players behind both tactically and with regards to work rate. Having a CF that negates this to an extent cannot be ideal for our requirements.

I initially dismissed the idea based upon his not fitting in at Barca,
but then I read an article that analysed his performances last season and concluded that he could work in the AMC/SS role behind Cavani at PSG due to the chances he DID create last season.
I've not seen a lot of him but I don't recall him being any less mobile than RVP, but I DO recall him being VERY effective on the ball,
and I recall a statement from somewhere saying that he was considered the most technically adapt player when at Barca & Milan.
His goal scoring is not in question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom