• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

wishful_llama

Looking at the threads we have for recent rumours. Vela, Ferdinand, Remy, Wellbeck, Aurier, Drmic....Really underwhelming/quite depressing list of players there.

Vibra

Established Member
wishful_llama said:
Looking at the threads we have for recent rumours. Vela, Ferdinand, Remy, Wellbeck, Aurier, Drmic....Really underwhelming/quite depressing list of players there.

To be fair we weren't linked to Özil until a couple of weeks before the window closed

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Maybe we'll sign a world class DM and really tighten up the defence. Considering our creative talent, perhaps just someone who can finish and get in behind is all we need up top.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Vibra said:
wishful_llama said:

To be fair we weren't linked to Özil until a couple of weeks before the window closed
I don't understand frustrations with rumours. There's too many parties with their own interest to be trusted be it papers after clicks, agents or selling clubs and given we like to keep our business quiet with Wenger flat out lying at times to cover it up then i don't think they hold much weight.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
musicmonkey said:
Vibra said:
wishful_llama said:

I don't understand frustrations with rumours. There's too many parties with their own interest to be trusted be it papers after clicks, agents or selling clubs and given we like to keep our business quiet with Wenger flat out lying at times to cover it up then i don't think they hold much weight.

People like having sh*t to complain about - we wouldn't be Arsenal fans if we didn't :lol:.

I like to indulge fully in the knowledge that most of the rumours hold little weight.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rumors say Barcelona is ready to sell Sanchez. BUYYYYY!!!!!!

oh it said Cesc and Song(ugh) are also for sale

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'd buy Cesc and possibly Sanchez if we're not getting Reus.

----Ramsey - Cesc

-------------Özil

-Walcott - Giroud - Reus/Alexis

Sexy...

Iceman10

Established Member
Not enough defensive balance with Ramsey-Cesc in my opinion, not only in open play but misses something in defending set pieces also. Would rather get a slightly more defensive CM to play alongside Ramsey and if Cesc is available consider him as a false nine option (as well as AM in rotation).

But good fun to imagine all this stuff though as opposed to a typical Arsenal transfer window :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I did consider that, and then I remembered that...

A) When Cesc was here in the 07/08 team he regularly covered the most ground in the team
B) Cesc was partnered by...Flamini...and as a CM partnership were dominant as fuark
C) Not only do we now have Flamini back, but we also have Ramsey who is basically Flamini on steroids + end product. They'd be more balanced than an Olympians diet.
D) It would own in Europe. Seriously, who would get the ball off of those three? There are fewer orcs on the continent.
E) If Özil, Ramsey or Cesc are injured, then Flamini can come in and the balance of the team is still fine with no real drop in quality. Flamini goes to DM, Cesc replaces Özil at AM etc.
F) it would be nice to have world class depth at AM/CM, our inevitable injury crisis would be easier to cope with.

;D

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
DJ_Markstar said:

A) When Cesc was here in the 07/08 team he regularly covered the most ground in the team
B) Cesc was partnered by...Flamini...and as a CM partnership were dominant as fuark
C) Not only do we now have Flamini back, but we also have Ramsey who is basically Flamini on steroids + end product. They'd be more balanced than an Olympians diet.
D) It would own in Europe. Seriously, who would get the ball off of those three? There are fewer orcs on the continent.
E) If Özil, Ramsey or Cesc are injured, then Flamini can come in and the balance of the team is still fine with no real drop in quality. Flamini goes to DM, Cesc replaces Özil at AM etc.
F) it would be nice to have world class depth at AM/CM, our inevitable injury crisis would be easier to cope with.

;D

short...

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Don't worry, we've got shorts covered too

SNF12BIZT---682_1343150a.jpg

Iceman10

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:

;D

Good points. The game has moved on quite a bit since 07/08 in my opinion, particularly the PL, i.e. progression from the traditional 4-4-2 era.

Arsène Wenger was the first manager to have three in CM from 09/10 onwards (from recollection, doing a Barca lite of sorts), resulting in us doing well in the 10/11 season (until we lost to Birmingham in the Carling Cup final) despite some deficiencies, particularly some physicality in midfield, as well as quality of CB's (while at the same time having Theo van Nasregas).

Nowadays a lot of PL teams have also since moved from 4-4-2, and include a lot of strength and power in the centre of the park, i.e. not just mobility, e.g. Schneiderlin-Wanyama or Barry-McCarthy (behind a CAM). Chelsea often play Luiz-Matic or Matic-Ramires (behind Oscar). Bayern Munich had it last season with J.Martinez-Schweinsteiger (e.g. behind Kroos) until Pep came along and started tinkering. So it's a match up thing with the game having evolved.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
From a defensive perspective, Cesc would basically be Arteta with less positional awareness and ability to tackle if he was put alongside Ramsey. They're similar in terms of pace and strength. He obviously offers more going forward but it would be a disaster for the defence. It goes into the same bracket as Ramsey + Jack/Ox as a midfield pairing.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Cesc has been basically a final third player for the last number of years. And now we're talking about him holding midfield behind Ramsey........:lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

fabo said:
Cesc has been basically a final third player for the last number of years. And now we're talking about him holding midfield behind Ramsey........:lol:

It's borderline madness.

People are deluding themselves that Cesc is 1) coming back and 2) is capable of playing a role which he hasn't played since he was like 15 at Barcelona.

Even when he was here at just broke into the team it was always Gilberto/Flamini holding allowing him to roam forward... you know, what he's best at doing. He's never been a holding player for Arsenal, he's rarely even had defensive responsibility at Arsenal or Barcelona. At times he's been used as a false number 9 by club and country because they realise how much of his game is based on his end product.

There's no way in hell we sign one of the best attacking midfielders on the planet and play him so far out of position it's unreal, purely for nostalgic purposes. :lol: The same people moan about a lack of strength and defensive capabilities among our midfield, but yeah go sign a player who's defensive side of the game is pretty poor.

entropy13

Established Member
Now here's a LOT of names! For obvious reasons not everone's in my personal wishlist.

Claudio Marchisio
Sebastian Giovinco
Mirko Vucinic
Fernando Llorente
Arturo Vidal
Paul Pogba
Daniele de Rossi
Vasilis Torosidis
Raul Albiol
Lorenzo Insigne

Marek Hamsik
Goran Pandev
Mario Gomez
Matias Fernandez
Mateo Kovacic
Zdravko Kuzmanovic
Hernanes
Ciro Immobile
Raffaele Palladino
Keisuke Honda

Andrea Poli
Cristian Zapata
Riccardo Montolivo
Urby Emanuelson
Mario Balotelli
Stephan El Shaarawy
Lorik Cana
Arda Turan
Diego Costa
Raul Garcia

Sergio Busquets
Cesc Fabregas
Pedro Rodriguez
Ibrahim Afellay
Alvaro Morata
Angel di Maria
Karim Benzema
Asier Illarramendi
Sami Khedira
Carlos Vela

Serge Aurier
Loic Remy
Josip Drmic
Michy Batshuayi
Sardar Azmoun
Alexandre Lacazette
Yann M’Vila
Matthias Ginter
Antoine Griezmann
Geoffery Kondogbia

Lars Bender
Emmanuel Riviere
Blaise Matuidi
Yoann Gourcuff
Sebastian Jung
Mario Mandzukic
Rafinha
Ezequiel Lavezzi
Saido Berahino
Stefan Kiessling

Javi Martinez
Edinson Cavani
Xherdan Shaqiri
David Alaba
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Mario Goetze
Thomas Muller
Sven Bender
Ilkay Gundongan
Marco Reus

Mats Hummels
Max Kruse
Rene Adler
Tomas Rincon
Julian Draxler
Max Meyer
Christian Clemens
Luiz Gustavo
Idrissa Gueye
Javier Pastore

Kieran Trippier
Morgan Schneiderlin
Calum Chambers
Romelu Lukaku
Eden Hazard
Micah Richards
Seamus Coleman
Ross Barkley
Christian Benteke
Konstantinos Mitroglou

Yoann Gouffran
Hatem Ben Arfa
Papiss Cisse
Ashley Williams
Alexis Sanchez

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

entropy13 said:
Now here's a LOT of names! For obvious reasons not everone's in my personal wishlist.

Claudio Marchisio
Sebastian Giovinco
Mirko Vucinic
Fernando Llorente
Arturo Vidal
Paul Pogba
Daniele de Rossi

Vasilis Torosidis
Raul Albiol
Lorenzo Insigne

Marek Hamsik
Goran Pandev
Mario Gomez
Matias Fernandez
Mateo Kovacic
Zdravko Kuzmanovic
Hernanes
Ciro Immobile
Raffaele Palladino
Keisuke Honda

Andrea Poli
Cristian Zapata
Riccardo Montolivo
Urby Emanuelson
Mario Balotelli
Stephan El Shaarawy
Lorik Cana
Arda Turan
Diego Costa

Raul Garcia

Sergio Busquets
Cesc Fabregas
Pedro Rodriguez
Ibrahim Afellay
Alvaro Morata
Angel di Maria
Karim Benzema
Asier Illarramendi
Sami Khedira

Carlos Vela

Serge Auriero
Lic Remy
Josip Drmic

Michy Batshuayi
Sardar Azmoun
Alexandre Lacazette
Yann M’Vila
Matthias Ginter
Antoine Griezmann
Geoffery Kondogbia

Lars Bender
Emmanuel Riviere
Blaise Matuidi
Yoann Gourcuff
Sebastian Jung
Mario Mandzukic
Rafinha
Ezequiel Lavezzi
Saido Berahino
Stefan Kiessling

Javi Martinez
Edinson Cavani
Xherdan Shaqiri
David Alaba
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Mario Goetze
Thomas Muller
Sven Bender
Ilkay Gundongan
Marco Reus

Mats Hummels
Max Kruse
Rene Adler
Tomas Rincon
Julian Draxler
Max Meyer

Christian Clemens
Luiz Gustavo
Idrissa Gueye
Javier Pastore

Kieran Trippier
Morgan Schneiderlin
Calum Chambers
Romelu Lukaku
Eden Hazard

Micah Richards
Seamus Coleman
Ross Barkley

Christian Benteke
Konstantinos Mitroglou

Yoann Gouffran
Hatem Ben Arfa
Papiss Cisse
Ashley Williams
Alexis Sanchez

Ok..... all bolded players are the ones I'd take. The ones who're underlined are in my opinion realistic enough, the ones in italics are not.

The ones in normal writing are either not good enough or I do not know much about. I underlined Benzema as I believe Real will be signing Suarez this summer.

Top Bottom