• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
John Ruddy - £8m
Serge Aurier - £12m
Steven Caulker - £10m
Morgan Schneiderlin - £18m
Loic Remy - £12m

#Ambition

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Floating said:
SiMamu said:
John Ruddy - £8m
Serge Aurier - £12m
Steven Caulker - £10m
Morgan Schneiderlin - £18m
Loic Remy - £12m

#Ambition

#HarryRedknappSignings

:wink:
On FM I'm a wheeler dealer, tbh - so not at all like Harry Redknapp :wink:

US_Gooner

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
US_Gooner said:
Anzac said:
The prime example being the development of Fabregas as CAM (when he was already a WC CM playmaker), at the expense of other CAMS already at the club (Rosicky and AA), and at the expense of our midfield balance and performance (which has yet to be restored even 3 seasons after his departure and 5 years after the transition to CAM).
At the time, Fabregas' transition to a CAM seemed more organic than intentional. Like it was an innate on-field response to Rosicky and Arshavin not being able to get the job done, so someone had to do it. Only later did that seem to be an intentional setup.

Bulshit, Rosicky was deployed immediately as LM as so did AA as LW. They were never deployed as CAM even when Cesc went injured. Stop making things up.
Hleb was the CAM (more of an SS) in 4-4-1-1 formation during Cesc, Rosicky,Gilberto/Flamini, Hleb era while AA only appearance as CAM was in the League cup
Your reading skills suck. Where in the bolded section (or anything else I wrote) did I say that Rosicky or Arshavin were CAMs?

entropy13

Established Member
US_Gooner said:
Your reading skills suck. Where in the bolded section (or anything else I wrote) did I say that Rosicky or Arshavin were CAMs?

Exactly. You never said that Rosicky or Arshavin were CAMs. However the only interpretation of the implications of your post is that they were. Because why would Rosicky and Arshavin "not getting the job done" from LM or LW make another player "take up the slack" so to speak as a CAM?

Technically you can, but then that also implies a tactical shift, because you can't "get the job done" in the wing and therefore you push through the middle...

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
US_Gooner said:
Rain Dance said:
US_Gooner said:
At the time, Fabregas' transition to a CAM seemed more organic than intentional. Like it was an innate on-field response to Rosicky and Arshavin not being able to get the job done, so someone had to do it. Only later did that seem to be an intentional setup.

Bulshit, Rosicky was deployed immediately as LM as so did AA as LW. They were never deployed as CAM even when Cesc went injured. Stop making things up.
Hleb was the CAM (more of an SS) in 4-4-1-1 formation during Cesc, Rosicky,Gilberto/Flamini, Hleb era while AA only appearance as CAM was in the League cup
Oooh its there alright..if you don't understand what you wrote yourself, then your writing skill sucks :lol:
entropy said it perfectly no need for further explanation

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

North5 said:
Benzema
Sanchez
Schneiderlin
Aurier

Summer done. Bam.

Id bite you hand off for this, our squad would be alot stronger. And it'd probably only set us back 70-80m.

Obviously we'd also need to get a back up goalie.

Iceman10

Established Member
North5 said:
Benzema
Sanchez
Schneiderlin
Aurier

Summer done. Bam.

Would be nice but in contrast to signing Javi Martinez we would have to keep Vermaelen (if signing J. Martinez he and Aurier can be 3rd and 4th choice CB's behind our usual Kos+BFG pairing). Of course your combo includes Schneiderlin instead of J. Martinez to allow room in the budget for both Benzema and Sanchez, and by buying the both of them that would probably mean Podolski being borderline surplus.

Javi Martinez is a long shot anyway. Sanchez definitely looks to be available and Benzema should be if RM's #1 target is Suarez this summer.

Loken

Super Unrealistic Wish List:

Benzema
Fabregas
Di Maria
Martinez
Aurier

Unrealistic Wish List:

Benzema
Sanchez
Martinez
Aurier

Realistic Wish List:

Aurier
Schneiderlin
Benzema (if Suarez joins Real)

US_Gooner

Established Member
entropy13 said:
US_Gooner said:

Exactly. You never said that Rosicky or Arshavin were CAMs. However the only interpretation of the implications of your post is that they were. Because why would Rosicky and Arshavin "not getting the job done" from LM or LW make another player "take up the slack" so to speak as a CAM?

Technically you can, but then that also implies a tactical shift, because you can't "get the job done" in the wing and therefore you push through the middle...
Not getting the job done meant not providing enough attacking threat, either with goals or with chances for others.

Players on the field are constantly making 'tactical shifts' -- that's the whole mantra of Wenger's coaching. Özil is the penultimate expression of Wenger's vision in attack: LW, RW, DLP, CAM. Just needs to add goals as SS to complete his destiny.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cavani/Benzema
Martinez
RB?
GK?
Sanchez/Pedro

Sell Monreal and loan out Gnabry to Everton if they want him.

Floating

Established Member
Penn_ said:
Cavani/Benzema
Martinez
RB?
GK?
Sanchez/Pedro

Sell Monreal and loan out Gnabry to Everton if they want him.

Why would you sell Monreal? He's one of the better backup leftbacks in Europe, and we don't have a replacement.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've been disappointed by him every time his played. Not as good as anyone thought he would be and there are quite a few better back up LB's than him. Vermaelen looked good when his filled in at left back this season, I'd go with him.

mo50

Established Member
At this point we've got enough to sort out without looking for a new LB. Give Montreal/Gibbs another season and assess the LB situation next summer.

wishful_llama

Left back is the least of our problems. Gibbs and Monreal are both good players and work well in the squad. I don't see any issues in those two being our left back options for the next few years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Benzema or Sanchez, Martinez or Schneiderlinn, Aurier and David Marshall.

Also maybe another forward option... as back up, would make me a happy panda.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Tir Na Nog said:
Benzema or Sanchez, Martinez or Schneiderlinn, Aurier and David Marshall.

Also maybe another forward option... as back up, would make me a happy panda.

Preferably Sanchez but yes would be very happy with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom