• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,933

M+D

Established Member
Starting XI:

----------------------- Szczesny ----------------------

Hoyte --- Djourou ------ Miquel --- Evina

----------- Eastmond ----- Randall ------------

--------------------- Aneke --------------------

JET ------------ Afobe ----------- Deacon

Subs: Shea, Meade, Ozyakup, Boateng, Murphy

ricky1985

Established Member
Arsenal team;

---------------Szczesny

Hoyte----Djourou----Miquel----Evina

---------Randall----Eastmond
------------------Aneke

Afobe--------------JET---------Deacon

ricky1985

Established Member
It's being streamed for free by Man City, Graham;

<a class="postlink" href="http://live.mcfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://live.mcfc.co.uk/</a>

You reckon Afobe through the middle, M+D? Looks like we have everything else the same.

graham_ka

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
It's being streamed for free by Man City, Graham;

<a class="postlink" href="http://live.mcfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://live.mcfc.co.uk/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You reckon Afobe through the middle, M+D? Looks like we have everything else the same.
Thanks Ricky... I would think Jet would get a shout up the middle, but his versatility might transcend Afobe's.

im interested to see how chuks handles himself against etuhu as there is a player near his size.

ricky1985

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Guess this means that Djourou and JET aren't in the squad for tomorrow but that Nordtveit is.
Yeah, looks that way, Don. Surprised JET didn't make the squad, but then again, even with all the injuries at the moment, it's still extremely competitive.

Hoping Hoyte isn't too much of a liability tonight, as he has been in the past. Does anyone know how bad Yennaris' injury that forced him off in the Blackburn game was?.

M+D

Established Member
Either that or Nordtveit picked up an injury on international duty last week Don...

@ Ricky - Judging by the highlights of the reserves this season he and JET rotate a fair bit, be interesting to see which of them spend the most time through the middle. My choice would be Afobe so that's why I put him there.

Glad to see Ozyakup back from injury and in the squad btw.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
M+D said:
Starting XI:

----------------------- Szczesny ----------------------

Hoyte --- Djourou ------ Miquel --- Evina

----------- Eastmond ----- Randall ------------

--------------------- Aneke --------------------

JET ------------ Afobe ----------- Deacon

Subs: Shea, Meade, Ozyakup, Boateng, Murphy

Given Vermaelen's unavailability, I thought that Djourou would be in the bench for the Braga game.

M+D

Established Member
graham_ka said:
im interested to see how chuks handles himself against etuhu as there is a player near his size.

Etuhu's a winger so he won't be anywhere near Aneke I expect.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Guess this means that Djourou and JET aren't in the squad for tomorrow but that Nordtveit is.

Missed this post. Yes, that is interesting indeed. I'm hoping that Vermaelen has recovered enough to be on the bench. Not very bright chances of that occurring after today's press conf, it seems.

Zinc

Really great to be able to watch a reserve match again. ATVO gotta sort it out.

Have nothing more to add on the Aneke/Afobe who gonna make it thing. But i think they both will get their chance and i hope they both grab it and succeed together because they have such a great understanding between each other.

Considering this week its only 2 (if we count JET) 1st team squad players that is still a very strong reserve side with the added incentive of alot of these players are pushing for the CC squad/start next week.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Are any of you tuned in to the Man City streaming link right now? The commentator is on air and doesn't seem to know he is. Asking someone if he has to update about the Champions League score and giving a sample commentary too.

ricky1985

Established Member
How can they take themselves seriously constantly referring to their team as the "Elite development Squad"? It's ridiculous.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
really looking forward to see Aneke and Afobe for the first time.. Is Nordtveit and Lansbury with the first team tommorow or are they going on loan soon?

mo50

Established Member
I've never seen the likes of Aneke and Afobe play, so this will be interesting for me.

The quality of the stream is indeed amazing.

ricky1985

Established Member
God, I hope we smash City tonight. Everything about Man City is "phenomenal" according this commentator. Vomit inducing.

Top Bottom