• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,752

Zinc

Don Pacifico said:
Meatwad said:
JET plays like he's made it and will probably be the reason he doesn't make it.

i wonder why their commentator and camera man thinks randall is the player that makes us tick.

To be fair, every time I've seen him a reserve level, his passing range looks pretty good. Doesn't seem to have the mentality needed for the first team though.

But yes, perhaps a bit of an exaggeration.

Yea he usually does look good and to outsiders i guess looks a real quality prospect. We just see him as the guy who is talented but hasnt taken any of his chances.

Meatwad

if i didn't like to hear the noise around the pitch, i would mute this ****, but i have to endure it.

Yaya

Established Member
Not impressed with jet's decision making also he needs to release the ball a lot quicker.

M+D

Established Member
I'd honestly prefer to listen to Mark Bright's opinions on football than hear that guy on the stream, he knows absolutely nothing. My favourite moment was shouting THAT'S GOT TO BE A FOUL as Miquel makes a brilliant challenge.

As for the game, nothing "Elite" about Man City that's for sure. Only McDermott seems to have anything about him.

Arsenal completely dominant with a few excellent passages of play. In typical fashion JET not looking particularly interested just yet. Gavin Hoyte the only other player looking completely off the pace.

Ignasi Miquel has been excellent bar the goal where he should have gone down when tugged (which the commentator seems to have missed and instead believes Guidetti had Bolt-like pace for that moment).

Zinc

My 1st half thoughts

Eastmond is very composed and has been riding alot of tackles and keeping us ticking over. Usually keeeping it simple.

Chesney should be our number 1...ok maybe not right now. Spotted all danger so early coming out to stop 2 certain chances. Not much else to do.

JET took ages to get into the match then when on 2 storming runs, forcing himself into the box.

In defence we had been only trouble on the counter, the midfield we have pretty much dominated. Miguel got skinned for the goal tho, both shrugged off and eaten for pace.

Aneke has ben pretty quiet, not involved too much but had 1 nice curling shot and set up a couple chances.

ricky1985

Established Member
This is the JET I really don't like. Strutting around in a virtual free role, doing as he pleases. It's why I'm so keen to see him in a more disciplined centre forward role.

Aneke has been great. Virtually every time he's got the ball he's done something positive with it. His first touch is just insanely good and he's always aware of what's around him.

Eastmond woke up after this brilliant volley thumped the post. Started playing properly, and has looked very good in the last 10 minutes or so.

Szczesny has been brilliant.

Randall, Hoyte, Deacon and Djourou have all been average to poor. Miquel was done for the goal, bad body position, he was caught square on, was never going to catch him after that, then panicked and dived in. Decent other than that. Afobe has been okay.

Is there a bigger tosser on the planet than this commentator BTW?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yeah, Eastmond would be my choice for Arsenal player of the match so far (apart from Szczesny, obviously). Looked Gilbertoesque towards the end of the first half. Looks like he's bulked up a bit this season too.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I think you've been a bit unfair on Deacon, Ricky. He's been up and down the wing with industry, contributing well both offensively/defensively.

Did well to create that chance for himself early on and you have to credit Mee for a superbly-timed lunge.

By the way, how cliched is the stadium music? New Order - Blue Monday and then the Happy Mondays...we get it, we're in Manchester.

ricky1985

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Yeah, Eastmond would be my choice for Arsenal player of the match so far (apart from Szczesny, obviously). Looked Gilbertoesque towards the end of the first half. Looks like he's bulked up a bit this season too.
That's exactly the impression I've got of him in the last few reserve games. I think he has HUGE potential, especially when he develops further physically.

ricky1985

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
I think you've been a bit unfair on Deacon, Ricky. He's been up and down the wing with industry, contributing well both offensively/defensively.

Did well to create that chance for himself early on and you have to credit Mee for a superbly-timed lunge.
Yeah, he's been okay. Just disappointed with his passing and link-play more than anything. Very slow in his release of the ball.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Just to counter the Eastmond praise somewhat, I'd say his passing range is a bit disappointing. Could be a useful squad player for us though.

Re: Physical development - I'm given to understand that the majority of your physical development is completed by the age of 19-20.

ricky1985

Established Member
I don't think his range is a problem. Randall has range and look where it gets him.

In his position, you want someone who can pass accurately and quickly, I think Eastmond can do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom