• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don't really mind if he left for trophies or money , his life , fair enough.
However his derogatory remarks about Arsenal and the Arsenal players were a bit silly . Fair enough he has beef with the fans but some of his remarks in the aftermath of winning the league were disrespectful to Arsenal , Wenger and and his ex team-mates .

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Mike's Cesc hate goes too far. You would think he was an average player with some of his posts.

Cesc has never won the League. Any league.

He's a jinx.

Talk about twisting a situation to suit yourself. The players to blame for our lack of league success are Denilson, Diaby, Almunia, Gallas etc. They were the ones that fell below the required standard.

FWIW here's Cesc's major honours by the age of 25:

Arsenal

Winner
FA Cup (1): 2005
FA Community Shield (1): 2004

Barcelona

Winner

Copa del Rey (1): 2011–12
Supercopa de España (1): 2011
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2011
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2011

International

Winner

FIFA World Cup: 2010 - Winning assist in the final of the World Cup isn't bad, eh?
UEFA European Championship: 2008

Individual

FIFA U-17 World Championship Golden Shoe: 2003
FIFA U-17 World Championship Golden Ball: 2003
UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship Golden Player: 2004
Bravo Award: 2006
Golden Boy: 2006
UEFA Team of the Year: 2006, 2008
Premier League Player of the Month: January 2007, September 2007
ESM Team of the Year: 2007–08, 2009–10
PFA Young Player of the Year: 2007–08
PFA Team of the Year: 2007–08, 2009–10
UEFA Team of the Tournament: 2008

Not that a player's major honours directly determines their quality...

fabo

6.51 / 10
Cesc is gonna win a bagful of titles and CL's over the next few years anyway. Matters little.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Uncle Mike said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Ibra, Cesc, Götze, win the league.
Cesc has never won the League. Any league.

He's a jinx.
Silvestre won the treble.
Doesn't mean he was a good player, only that he was lucky. You know, like Wes Brown.

And being trophy repellent for both Arsenal and (comparatively, thus far) Barcelona doesn't mean Fabregas isn't a great player, just that he's a jinx.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I can never fathom why anyone would think one player is solely responsible for the fortunes of an entire team.

Poorest of poor logic.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

You're not laughing, why pretend? :lol:

Fabregas was forced to leave in the hunt for trophies, pretty obvious really.

entropy13

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:

LOL so something that affected the whole team was only able to "force" a few players to leave?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
entropy13 said:
DJ_Markstar said:

LOL so something that affected the whole team was only able to "force" a few players to leave?

It forced the top players to leave.. Why would the rest who are lucky to play for a club like Arsenal want to leave? If they become good enough one day and we are still not winning anything I bet they'll be "forced" to leave too. As long as we aren't able to win anything (or at least properly challenge for trophies), we have to expect that our best players want out, as much as that sucks..

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
entropy13 said:
SomGooner said:
Arsenal board failed Cesc Fabregas and not the other way round.

Both are too blame, Cesc cannot be blameless. Are you saying that he was "forced" to leave? :lol:

Cesc Fabregas would've won countless major trophies for Arsenal FC if he had the right players around him but our penny pinching board CHOSE to surround him with average players who were not even good enough to cut the grass at London Colney let alone win trophies for us.

It's embarrassing to read some of the unfair abuse directed at him on A-M simply because people can't seem to handle the fact that he's joined Barcelona, his boyhood and home town club.

He always said that he'd ONLY leave Arsenal for Barcelona and everyone at AFC knew that one day he'll eventually go back home and join them, We got him for free and sold him for £33M, so what's wrong with that?

Contrary to popular belief on A-M, He never refused to play for Arsenal, never faked an injury, never gave less than 100% every time he was on the pitch, never delibrately backheeled the ball to Iniesta like some on here would have you believe and last but not least never held the club hostage.

He played on and scored with a broken leg, He was constantly rushed back from injuries after literally running him to the ground simply because we desperately needed him to play. He was a warrior and very popular with his team-mates and deep inside you just knew Arsenal had always had a chance of winning the match as long as he was on the pitch regardless the opposition and every team we've played against knew that and tried to stop him by any means neccessary.

I'll always have nothing but genuine admiration and respect for Cesc Fabregas for all that he's done for AFC however, if people want to slander him for the sake of it then that's their prerogative but remember one thing, if the board were seriously interested in returning AFC to it's rightful place where we seriously challenged for trophies consistently every year from August to May then I don't think they'd have turned us into a selling club that celebrates finishing the distant 4th like we've won the double.

Cesc Fabregas has never said one single bad word against Arsenal FC, Arsène Wenger, The fans and his team-mates. in fact he told the whole world that he's what he is because of Arsenal Football Club and continues to speak highly of us at every opportunity which shows how classy he's both on and off the pitch.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

entropy13 said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Again with the fake laughter?

Your faulty logic has already been corrected by other posters, so I need not comment further.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
SomGooner said:
Contrary to popular belief on A-M, He never refused to play for Arsenal, never faked an injury, never gave less than 100% every time he was on the pitch, never delibrately backheeled the ball to Iniesta like some on here would have you believe and last but not least never held the club hostage.
You do have eyes, don't you? There was a knife in Wenger's back, and the Catalan ingrate's fingerprints are all over it.

Yaya

Established Member
SomGooner said:
entropy13 said:
SomGooner said:

Both are too blame, Cesc cannot be blameless. Are you saying that he was "forced" to leave? :lol:

Cesc Fabregas would've won countless major trophies for Arsenal FC if he had the right players around him but our penny pinching board CHOSE to surround him with average players who were not even good enough to cut the grass at London Colney let alone win trophies for us.
Not that I disagree/agree with your assessment on Cesc, but your point in regards to board choosing to surround him with average players is untrue. Wenger chooses which players to sign not the board, he persisted with playing players who are not doing a competent job not the board.

MaestroCesc

SomGooner said:
entropy13 said:
SomGooner said:

It's embarrassing to read some of the unfair abuse directed at him on A-M simply because people can't seem to handle the fact that he's joined Barcelona, his boyhood and home town club.

He always said that he'd ONLY leave Arsenal for Barcelona and everyone at AFC knew that one day he'll eventually go back home and join them, We got him for free and sold him for £33M, so what's wrong with that?

He played on and scored with a broken leg, He was constantly rushed back from injuries after literally running him to the ground simply because we desperately needed him to play. He was a warrior and very popular with his team-mates and deep inside you just knew Arsenal had always had a chance of winning the match as long as he was on the pitch regardless the opposition and every team we've played against knew that and tried to stop him by any means neccessary.

I'll always have nothing but genuine admiration and respect for Cesc Fabregas for all that he's done for AFC however, if people want to slander him for the sake of it then that's their prerogative but remember one thing, if the board were seriously interested in returning AFC to it's rightful place where we seriously challenged for trophies consistently every year from August to May then I don't think they'd have turned us into a selling club that celebrates finishing the distant 4th like we've won the double.

Cesc Fabregas has never said one single bad word against Arsenal FC, Arsène Wenger, The fans and his team-mates. in fact he told the whole world that he's what he is because of Arsenal Football Club and continues to speak highly of us at every opportunity which shows how classy he's both on and off the pitch.
Completely agree with every paragraph apart from the first. Finally someone talking some sense about Cesc.

@ first paragraph i think we were unlucky with injuries too, which definitely hurt us and caused our best players to be played into the ground

future heroes

Wow, I finally found the thread where I can discuss Fabregas and still keep to the topic.

Regarding Fabregas and Nasri it is fascinating to notice what behaviour some people consider as the worst. Nasri left in a professional way. He respected his contract and was sold on an open market. The transfer fee gave Arsenal a fair chance to buy a replacement of a similar quality. After Nasri left, he's had a childish beef with some Arsenal supporters that are equally childish.

Fabregas on the other hand was the captain of the team but refused to play for us. He did not respect his contract. He whored himself out to Barcelona by publicly stating that "it is not up to me anymore" about his future club career when he had a contract until 2015 (from that day he was dead to me as an Arsenal player). His performance at Nou Camp in 2011 where Fabregas was more interested in bonding with the Barcelona players than standing up for the team mates in the team he captained, that was the most disgraceful performance I ever seen from an Arsenal captain. When Fabregas grew tired of the project (do not buy mature superstars but give a chance very early to young talents) that made him a superstar, he stabbed Wenger in the back and held the club hostage which meant that we did not get his true transfer value.

There is more to football than great passing. I respect Ray Parlour and Martin Keown as Arsenal players. They understood what it meant to wear the cannon on the chest.

DJ_Markstar said:
I can never fathom why anyone would think one player is solely responsible for the fortunes of an entire team.
Our inability to defend as a team started when Vieira left and Fabregas took over. Quite logical as Fabregas never could defend to save his life. With Fabregas, the balance of the midfield was destroyed. The attitude he showed was that defense was a dirty work that players like him did not had to do. Think about it, when the team was build around Fabregas we became complacent against cannon fodder in the league.

SomGooner said:
Incorrect. In September 2010 Fabregas said this: "I have never said that I did not want to play for Real Madrid. For me they are a big club and I always consider other objectives."

We did not get Fabregas for free. We paid Barcelona £700k and Giovanni van Bronckhorst (bought by Arsenal for £8.5M) as compensation for Fabregas.

We sold Fabregas for £30M, what is wrong with that? Well, Fabregas market value was £50M+ and Barcelona have come out with some very disrespectful comments after the transfer and said that they got Fabregas for a cut price. Fabregas fvcked Arsenal over by keeping the club hostage by playing Barcelona's dirty transfer game, which meant that we missed out on £20M.

SomGooner said:
He was a warrior
He could not take a bullet for his team when standing in the wall against Tottenham.
article-1342783-0C2B48B3000005DC-843_468x336.jpg

It was not the first time either.
article-1250166-083C77F2000005DC-780_468x286.jpg

Not exactly what you expect from your captain.

SomGooner said:
deep inside you just knew Arsenal had always had a chance of winning the match as long as he was on the pitch regardless the opposition and every team we've played against knew that and tried to stop him by any means neccessary.
In Europe he helped us control the midfield and I agree that we had a chance to beat every team in CL with Fabregas. Domestically we had a disastrous run against Manchester United and Chelsea during Fabregas captaincy. On the 1st of May 2011 we won without Fabregas against United with a midfield of Song-Wilshere-Ramsey (Ramsey scored the match-winning goal in the 1-0 win). That was our first win against Manchester United in all competetions since November 8, 2008.

With Fabregas we could lose against any team in the league. We did not defend as a team and we could not close out leads. Not that strange when the captain considered himself to fine for the dirty work.

SomGooner said:
Cesc Fabregas has never said one single bad word against Arsenal FC, Arsène Wenger, The fans and his team-mates.
Actions speak louder than words. I would rather have an ex-player being childish himself beefng with childish fans (like Nasri) than an ex club captain that make himself impossible at the club which made him a superstar. Fabregas is a manipulating liar who both wants to have the cake and eat it (I soon expect someone to tell me that Fabregas still loves Arsenal haha). If you leave the way Fabregas did, you more or less burn your bridges with the fans at your former club, unless they live in a dream world where everything is the manager's and board's fault and no player is responsibles for his actions.

krengon said:
entropy13 said:
DJ_Markstar said:

It forced the top players to leave
krengon: So how exactly was Nasri a top player but not Sagna or Song?

SomGooner said:
It is equally embarrassing that the Fabregas fanboys can not admit that he left Arsenal in a very dirty way. The abuse directed against Fabregas is generally fair. You reap what you saw. If Fabregas had left the club in a normal way, more Arsenal fans would have wished him well like they did with Clichy. Overmars also left Arsenal to play for Barcelona, but he did not make himself impossible at Arsenal. Overmars left in a normal way where Barcelona paid his real market value.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom