• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cescthebest

RocktheCasbah said:
Freddie wants to stay at Arsenal because he loves the club, right? I think it's far more likely to be the case that no other club would pay his injury prone arse £70k per week.

Sorry if I sound cynical.

You dont need to apologise, you are right RTC.

oba101

Wenger says, "He still has a lot to offer to the club", not the other way round. I know who's opinion I'd respect.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
one thing i know is that i will trust my eyes and having seen him play maybe 2 good matches in the past 2 years, my head is telling me that Freddie is not useful in our current squad.. he is the last of the old generation run-and-gun Gunners... our squad doesnt play that way anymore, and he just does not have the technical capability to fit into our current playing style....

70k in wages can honestly pay for 2 players at a younger age and better fitness level who will be more effective in our team.. or towards a player of HIGH caliber...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
KY said:
he's the most senior arsenal player at arsenal now. He should at least deserve some respect...

Arguments like that really piss me off.

In fact, it's not even an argument, it's....nothing. So what if he's the most senior player at Arsenal? In 2004, Ray Parlour and Martin Keown were the most senior players at Arsenal, they'd still, to differing extents, lost it.

And so they passed into club history, so it should be with Freddie.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
KY said:
he's the most senior arsenal player at arsenal now. He should at least deserve some respect...

Arguments like that really piss me off.

In fact, it's not even an argument, it's....nothing. So what if he's the most senior player at Arsenal? In 2004, Ray Parlour and Martin Keown were the most senior players at Arsenal, they'd still, to differing extents, lost it.

And so they passed into club history, so it should be with Freddie.
Respect != Believing they should have a place in the team.

dos1986

Established Member
Freddie is having a blast here....he loves london....he's getting payed incredibly well and people still think hes good....He needs a kick up the arse imo...he's too settled and in his ways now and needs a shock to the system to get him going again....

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'm still mystified as to why we kept Freddie, yet let Pires go. Granted Bob might've lost alot of pace and fire, but he still nabbed some crucial goals, and would still turn in at least a few virtuoso performances during the season, unlike the steadfast stream of mediocrity Freddie's produced in the last year.
I miss Le Bob. :(

Lord Dula

Established Member
Look at it this way, if we signed somelike Freddie and put him on £70k a week, we'd all go ape.

Ditch him, he's a burden.

Nutsy

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Freddie is having a blast here....he loves london....he's getting payed incredibly well and people still think hes good....He needs a kick up the arse imo...he's too settled and in his ways now and needs a shock to the system to get him going again....

Funnily though, He was dropped completely to the bench but still get paid 70k per week. I love Freddie and he is loyal. but then again, Cash works that way as well. Some players don't care about how they perform on pitch as long as they get paid. Cash goes a long way aswell, and Loyalty don't spin on this floor. Harsh it may sound, but it can be driven to a possibility.

Giving him a kick in the arse, by cutting his salary? Is that even possible?

Big_Cake

In this time of no player loyalty and everyone leaving Arsenal having a loyal player like Freddie is a source of immense delight for me.
When I read he was staying and everything I felt a great urge of emotion towards him....thank you Freddie, you are a very loyal player, a rarety nowadays

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Big_Cake said:
In this time of no player loyalty and everyone leaving Arsenal having a loyal player like Freddie is a source of immense delight for me.
When I read he was staying and everything I felt a great urge of emotion towards him....thank you Freddie, you are a very loyal player, a rarety nowadays
With respect, wouldn't you want to say if you were picking up 70k per week for practically doing feck all, lets face it he has not been on fire in the last two seasons has he?nope he needs to go and get someone else that could justify that huge pay-packet.

Big_Cake

1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:
With respect, wouldn't you want to say if you were picking up 70k per week for practically doing feck all, lets face it he has not been on fire in the last two seasons has he?nope he needs to go and get someone else that could justify that huge pay-packet.

Nobody knows if he is just loyal for the money, its just speculation. How do you know he is not being loyal just because he loves Arsenal and wants us to do well?

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Big_Cake said:
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:

Nobody knows if he is just loyal for the money, its just speculation. How do you know he is not being loyal just because he loves Arsenal and wants us to do well?
I think you are somewhat naive if you think that that is his only reason for wanting to stay, however, if he takes a %50 pay cut you are right. :)

qs

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:

I think you are somewhat naive if you think that that is his only reason for wanting to stay, however, if he takes a %50 pay cut you are right. :)

Typical hypocrital bullshit.

So Freddie wants to stay and he's a greedy so and so. Thierry leaves and his not loyal enough, Fab says he might one day leave and he's not loyal enough. Well it cuts both ways.

Freddie has given a hell of a lot to us. He's been a great player for us and he has a contract so if he wants to stay then let him stay. From his interviews it sound to me a lot more like he wants to prove himself again than enjoy a few extra quid. Do you not think West Ham or the likes would give him the same money? Of course they would.

Freddie wants to remain playing for Arsenal despite all the bullshit and despite knowing he has to fight hard for his place. I think that should be applauded.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Qs - Have you even watched Freddie in the last 2 years ? He has been utter ****e , can't beat a man , can't score , can't pass , goes over like a sack of spuds when a player goes near him. Sure he did ok in the cl final and scored a goal for us last season - whoopy do.

This is no time to be sentimental it is time for him to move on.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

qs said:
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:

Typical hypocrital bullshit.

So Freddie wants to stay and he's a greedy so and so. Thierry leaves and his not loyal enough, Fab says he might one day leave and he's not loyal enough. Well it cuts both ways.

Freddie has given a hell of a lot to us. He's been a great player for us and he has a contract so if he wants to stay then let him stay. From his interviews it sound to me a lot more like he wants to prove himself again than enjoy a few extra quid. Do you not think West Ham or the likes would give him the same money? Of course they would.

Freddie wants to remain playing for Arsenal despite all the bullshit and despite knowing he has to fight hard for his place. I think that should be applauded.
You are delusional if you think thats his only reason, have you not been watching him over the last two years|, he is not the player he used to be, he needs to go. There is no room for sentiment we need players that can make us a better team, unfortunately Freddy is not one of those players now.

Big_Cake

1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:

You think I am naive, I think you are cynical. I think we are even. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom