• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Big_Cake said:
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:
1970*Gooner said:
Big_Cake said:
In this time of no player loyalty and everyone leaving Arsenal having a loyal player like Freddie is a source of immense delight for me.
When I read he was staying and everything I felt a great urge of emotion towards him....thank you Freddie, you are a very loyal player, a rarety nowadays
With respect, wouldn't you want to say if you were picking up 70k per week for practically doing feck all, lets face it he has not been on fire in the last two seasons has he?nope he needs to go and get someone else that could justify that huge pay-packet.

Nobody knows if he is just loyal for the money, its just speculation. How do you know he is not being loyal just because he loves Arsenal and wants us to do well?
I think you are somewhat naive if you think that that is his only reason for wanting to stay, however, if he takes a %50 pay cut you are right. :)

You think I am naive, I think you are cynical. I think we are even. :wink:
:lol: :wink:

Lord Dula

Established Member
So how long are we intending on staying loyal to Freddie then? Tell ya what, why dont the board offer him a new 15 year contract and bump up his wages a wee bit more. perhaps even get rid of Vela, Theo and Diaby to free up wages to cover his new contract.

People need to realise that the club has been great for Freddie, in many ways, his loyalty to this point has more than been covered by the club.

£70k a week to sit on the bench. Pahhhhhh. That's around 1500 - 1800 match tickets per week. Approx 2.5% of ticket receipts.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Lord Dula said:
So how long are we intending on staying loyal to Freddie then? Tell ya what, why dont the board offer him a new 15 year contract and bump up his wages a wee bit more. perhaps even get rid of Vela, Theo and Diaby to free up wages to cover his new contract.

People need to realise that the club has been great for Freddie, in many ways, his loyalty to this point has more than been covered by the club.

£70k a week to sit on the bench. Pahhhhhh. That's around 1500 - 1800 match tickets per week. Approx 2.5% of ticket receipts.
Couldn't agree more, spot on.

Big_Cake

Lord Dula said:

Obvioulsy not a 15 year contract, maybe not even a new contract at all if he doesn't work hard next season.
I was just commenting on the fact that he may want to stay at Arsenal for purely selfless reasons. He probs gets enough money for modelling and the like and may not need any more money. The fact is none of us know, and its likely we never will. But I have faith and confidence in Freddie.

Big_Cake

freddieljungberg.jpeg

How can you say no to that face?
He is the only Arsenal player that actually gives us 'sex appeal' at the moment, he should definately stay

Tbh I am surprised many of you are so cynical and negative towards him, especially after all the negativity and disloyality we have gone through recently

Smartly Dressed Morris

Big_Cake said:
freddieljungberg.jpeg

He is the only Arsenal player that actually gives us 'sex appeal' at the moment, he should definately stay

Tbh I am surprised many of you are so cynical and negative towards him, especially after all the negativity and disloyality we have gone through recently

Ah I see why they want freddie to stay - they are chicks. Ladies my apologies.

stuart

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
freddieljungberg.jpeg

OooOOOoo Freddie :eek:ops: .......... :lol:

Whats wrong with his head, got headlice or summit!
Ladies, is he really that good looking, average size *whistles* pretty small, no hair, whats the big deal :lol:

Lord Dula

Established Member
Only thing about him that's bigger than average is his brown tea towel holder after that encounter with Sol Campbell. Apparantly ol'Freddie said it's like a baby's arm holding an apple

lol

KY

Established Member
i say leave him alone and let wenger decide what to do with him. In retrospect, our criticism of ljungberg is also indirectly pointed at wenger. If a player is useless as a player to a club, don't you think wenger would know that? we all know wenger is no sentimentalist by the way he got rid of henry, vieira, pires and so on. Just because he doesn't show enough on the pitch doesn't mean off it he's useless as well. whatever it is, if one day ljungberg does offer nothing more to the club, wenger would be the first to know. so i say shut it.... ljungbergs been a fine servant and would probably continue to be one for a few years yet

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
He's useless and on £70k a week, if he takes a wage cut, half, then he can be a squad player.

Exactly. I just dont know what he provides us. Can you imagine what Jose or Fergie would do to him! Imagine him falling over time after time on Chelseas wing. Jose would have shipped him off straight..

Wenger needs to be ruthless with Freddie. Get him out for a decent fee. 5 million for him could help us buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom