• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner_down_under

siddharth said:
I'm not sure about the 6m thing but it's going to be a reasonably big pay off if we want to get rid of freddie. How dein and wenger with his statistical analysis would advocate a 4 year deal for a player who had been average for 2 seasons before that is difficult to understand. I guess this is going to get as annoying as the reyes transfer.

What is with our club and letting many players leave on a free ? Wiltord , edu , kanu , campbell and now freddie !!

We wouldn't have gotten anything significant for any of the players you've mentioned above, so its hardly a disaster.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
6 million is what his contract is worth with his time left here,(2 years i think) how can we pay him exactly every penny , these papers talk grease man.as agaain lazy journo talk

Jinn

Established Member
So as we expected, Myles was talking BS and its more than likely Freddie will be here come season start.

Grampus_Eight

Fiorentina were reported to have offered him something around £30k/per week - so half his current wage.

It would not be surprising if he demanded £4m of the £6m the club are set to pay him. £3m as that's what he will lose in wages and £1m as a further incentive.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Grampus_Eight said:
Fiorentina were reported to have offered him something around £30k/per week - so half his current wage.

It would not be surprising if he demanded £4m of the £6m the club are set to pay him. £3m as that's what he will lose in wages and £1m as a further incentive.
If he has demanded that feck him he can sit on the bench however, the media are full of sh1te.

mood

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
6 million is what his contract is worth with his time left here,(2 years i think) how can we pay him exactly every penny , these papers talk grease man.as agaain lazy journo talk

The only way that can happen is if we get an offer from a club for more than 6million, or find a club who is willing to match those wages.

Freddie will stay. Fiorentina cant afford his wages, and he wont join another EPL club.

choi12911

Grampus_Eight said:

I thought Freddie's agent refuted that point. The agent said that Fiorentina didn't meet Arsenal's valuation and Arsenal are holding out for more money...

Skysports said:
Fiorentina are one club known to be interested is signing the 30-year-old, but have yet to agree a transfer fee with Arsenal.

Ljungberg was reportedly holding up any move to Italy because of his wage demands, but that is not the case, according to Elefalk.

"Arsenal are demanding more than the offer Fiorentina have tabled," he said.

"The clubs have to reach an agreement first, then we will sit down and discuss an eventual offer.

"We haven't reached that stage yet."

marco

if he would get a 6m pay off for 2 years left on his contract my maths puts his current salary at 57k a year..

so little bit lower than the 70k..

its awful journalism though.. trying to dig up any story.
to be fair why would he leave the club he loves to go to fiorentina and a 27k pay cut??

i certainly wouldnt if i was in his shoes

banduan

Established Member
Well paying him off means he won't have a choice.

I want him to stay though, for his testimonial. I want him to retire at Arsenal.

It's worth that bit of money, I say.

evoh_1

Established Member
banduan said:
Well paying him off means he won't have a choice.

I want him to stay though, for his testimonial. I want him to retire at Arsenal.

It's worth that bit of money, I say.

if he take 6mil from the club that is on top of his loyalty bonus he can really not bother coming back for a testimonial, remeber those testimonials were for loyal players who stuck with the club through thick and thin and didn't pick up possibly the pay check they deserved. it provided them with a bunch of money to set themself up after football, freddie has been on a HUGE contact for quite a while now so it not that hard to be loyal.

its worth the 7.5 mil over 2 year for a slow player who is little more then dead weight and work rate.

Captain

Established Member
The £6M would include an additional fee for him missing his testimonial.

It's likely that it wouldn't cover the full amount of his wages for two seasons but rather the difference in what he will earn for those two years at his new club.

It all depends on what he negotiates.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
otfgoon said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=477632&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Arsenal+in+Austria+-+see+the+latest+training+pictures

Yep, thats right Myles, Freddie didnt travel to Austria :roll:

:lol: Myles is a certified clown

Nutsy

Established Member
otfgoon said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=477632&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Arsenal+in+Austria+-+see+the+latest+training+pictures

Wow. Amazing how many times so far Myles is proven wrong. And yet some claim he has insider knowledge. Arselicker Never Right is a definite spot on.

Can't believe how it is possible to be this wrong too many times, I guess when you know who Myles Palmer is not surprising.

:roll:

jay-d

Established Member
Myles.............. How does he still have the nerve to type, when was the last time he was right about anything?

scruzgooner

otfgoon said:

"alex hleb is the piggy in the middle"... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom