• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awooga83

Established Member
I'm not so sure but maybe your right, but the fact is he is injury prone and it probably could be credited with some of his deterioration but he wassn't a first team player and he couldn't really do anything in games all he could offer was running around so its not like he contributed anything to us, add the injuries and i dont think he would have played much of a roll.

illmatik

Established Member
Bring Quaresma in please, anyone who objects to that is a clown

However, I think Wenger will eventually buy Gouffran or Di Maria in the long run

guinertron

i'm not suprised Freddie has been having a *****. He seems to have forgotten that he has been missing for 2 years. Can anyone really remember when he was man of the match material? His comments about bringing in great players, Cesc, Toure, Van Persie so they may not be big names but they are big players. Seems like a big old bunch of sour grapes from a player knowing he was living on borrowed time.

scruzgooner

thanks for the memories, freddie.

good luck at west ham. i hope you get some playing time there...especially when we play you! something tells me your pace against clichy will be, uh, less than adequate.

maybe if you bring back the red mohawk/fauxhawk?

seriously, it's been fun. just be sure not to spout off at your press conf....oops! too late! another "invincible" shares his grief at no longer being so...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
freddie talks as if we wanted him here so much.

see his interview made me puked abit

sabret00the

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
thegame24 said:
dont be stupid if you want to say something to a mod say it.

This aint Nazi germany

If Sabre can be demoted for being 'sensationalist' then I am sure I can be for arguing/being rude to a mod!

What is the line drawn? I never know what to say
you gave me a heart attack there. *hugs his favoured member status*

Jinn

Established Member
This season really signifies the start of a new era. The last of the old guard has now left - and with it, all of that unfulfilled potential (ie European failures). We'll miss Freddie - but I'm more excited than ever to think about what Arsène has in store.

We've lost Ljungberg - surely this forces Wenger to find a replacement in the transfer market now.

famous no 10

Established Member
Oh well.

Good decision to let him go imo, he just isn't anywhee near the player he was 3 seasons ago, but it just feels as though the squad is a little light now, and yet another experienced player moves on, so I hope we buy someone.

Thanks Fred, for all the goals and red hair...

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
im back in town, just got in from work and feddies gone.....bloody hurt to bits but i cant feel it yet, definetly now is the excuse to get in a top replacement.....
who? i dont know, it could even be reyes, but i dont mind freddie going west ham as their the only other team close to my heart.
from when i was a kid , my uncle tried to make me a hammer but he failed, already a gooner
we have our arguments about each others club but theirs respect....one of my other fav arsenal gunner, nutsey nigel ended his career over upton park...
good luck to freddie our former cult hero...celbrations up anfield will always be remembered along with the hair, all your dads used to floss(yeh dont lie lol)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
thanks for your contribution Freddie, especially in the 01-02 season... good luck at West Ham.. hopefully you can help keep them out of relegation..

on a lighter note, that's 60k - 70k of wages that we can entice a top replacement with... someone who would be more effective in the current squad than Freddie was...

guinertron

i must be one of the few who never really took to Ljungberg. Did a job for 9 years and was a fans fav but for me the last 3 years he was being carried by the team. Its true the injures never helped. i think there a 70,000 reasons why he is happy to go to West Ham, did Man City and ACF Fiorentina both feel he salary did not represent good value for money.

Arsène knows

P.S i do love Talksport or as i call it Talkshite that fat ox Mickey Quinn reckons the club will fall apart now Ljungberg has gone??? idiots!!!

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
interesting guinerton as i always loved freddie as he always felt like part of the fans to me...i never really took to henry but always wanted him to score and be top scorer obviously
well in the space of two years , freddies salary and sale comes near to 10 million pounds so thats the only reason why i had to accept his sale
best for arsenal i guess....i just had the dream hi walking out next year with any sort of cup in the testimonial thats all

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
thegame24 said:
we could try and bid for robinho or quaresma, but im realistically expected to go for Pederson? MY arse.

Robinho is not a winger, Quaresma is a circus artist, not a footballer, Pedersen is s**t.

Any other suggestions?

neither is hleb nor rosicky. didn't stop wenger from signing them. can be argued that ljungberg wasn't a winger either when we bought him from halmstad, as his prefered position back then was more of a central attacking midfielder...

RC8

Established Member
I'm obviously saddened by the news, but if he wanted to go then it's obviously the best decision for the club.

As long as we get a replacement I have no problem with this transfer, as much as I wanted him to retire with us.

Thanks for everything Freddie, we'll miss you.

Let us look at the future now, I expect one more signing from Arsène now. Please let it be.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
everybody who don't knows arsenal well or ljungberg well would say arsenal would fall apart after their legend leaves.

ljungberg alone said we are going backwards and won't win anything so he left. yeah, but after he leaves our chances go up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom