• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,773

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...corers-as-arsenal-u18s-draw-with-aston-villa/

Promising youngster Reiss Nelson was on the scoresheet today as Arsenal U18s drew 3-3 with their Aston Villa counterparts at London Colney.

First-year scholars Joshua DaSilva and Edward Nketiah also found the net for the young Gunners in an entertaining fixture.

Arsenal’s next game at this level is at home to Reading next Saturday.

Info via AFCFixtureNews.

He'll be in U21s team by New Year at least. He is producing at 15.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Jeff, like a lot of France starters, got a bit of rest today; only came on as a sub in the 60th minute. France ease to the KO-stages, looks all set fro a France v Germany SF.

Because new Zealand won their match, Willock and his teammates will be coming home.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Jeff, like a lot of France starters, got a bit of rest today; only came on as a sub in the 60th minute. France ease to the KO-stages, looks all set fro a France v Germany SF.

Because new Zealand won their match, Willock and his teammates will be coming home.
Even the English U17's are ****...

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Only saw a few highlights of them this tourney. At least they qualified for it. All other Europan countries play the 1st group stage of the qualifcation for the EC. Holland have to beat the Swiss otherwise they'll be knocked out at this early stage (we already lost v Wales). We do have a famous name in the team (Justin) Kluivert, Paddy's son.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think @MutableEarth agrees with me when i say, this lad has unbelievable footwork.
Out of this world. His dribbling is ridiculous and what's awesome is he is really good at dribbling and tricking at pace - he has the potential to be an incisive, direct and devastating attacker. What's interesting me is that he's clearly not just a dribbler - he is already displaying potential for end product at his age, assisting and scoring. I actually rate him a little higher than Willock in that regard, although there's not much between the two in terms of dribbling quality.

Do not be surprised if he pops up on the pre-season tour next year. EDIT: He also is pretty good at set pieces.

Out of this world. His dribbling is ridiculous and what's awesome is he is really good at dribbling and tricking at pace - he has the potential to be an incisive, direct and devastating attacker. What's interesting me is that he's clearly not just a dribbler - he is already displaying potential for end product at his age, assisting and scoring. I actually rate him a little higher than Willock in that regard, although there's not much between the two in terms of dribbling quality.

Do not be surprised if he pops up on the pre-season tour next year. EDIT: He also is pretty good at set pieces.

But at this stage, what are his weaknesses?

Given that he is 15 playing in u-18 league there probably are some clear weaknesses because of age difference, but after 3-4 years what would be his main weaknesses?

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Crowley is exciting, think they're trying to mold him the same way as Wilshere? I see some similarities what I've seen of Dan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Crowley is exciting, think they're trying to mold him the same way as Wilshere? I see some similarities what I've seen of Dan.
I actually don't think there are that many similarities! They are both relatively short in stature; they both have noticeable impact on games with their style of play; and they're both good dribblers.

Crowley's more like a David Silva, a player who occupies pockets of space in front of the back 4 and looks to thread passes and generally make a nuisance of himself. Wilshere has always been a player of dynamism, driving past players and taking them out of the game or playing a killer pass early. I'd say main difference is Crowley is probably the more subtle player to Wilshere's Gerrard-lite characteristics in his game. Both impose themselves on the game slightly differently.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...elson-impresses-as-arsenal-u18s-beat-reading/

Today, our U18s also won again 4-3 vs Reading U18s.

Donyell Malen scored a hattrick and Reiss Nelson also scored again, and according to some on twitter had a MOTM performance. Great to see Malen scoring already, he looks a handful, and Nelson - well, I keep running out of ways to praise this kid. He's our biggest talent since Wilshere. Anxious to see the highlights for this game.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Who's Daniel Crowley, and is he any good? Apparently recalled by Wenger, can he make the bench?

tim08

http://player.arsenal.com/matches/g818212/video/6959/under-18s-v-reading-h

Here are the highlights. Back 4 looks shaky. Nelson, as expected, looks brilliant. Seems like he was a nuisance all game. Malen took his goals very well.

Nelson looks such a talent, not just this game but all season he has been really impressive. He imposes himself upon the game and everything goes through him, for a 15 year old kid he plays with such maturity and authority.

The defence...dont really know where to begin tbh! I believe they drew 3-3 with Villa last week and lost 4-1 the week before, so along with the 3 from saturdays game they are shipping goals for fun. I had such high hopes for Kris Da Graca, but everytime I see him he looks awful and is personally liable for a goal every week it seems, such as the daft penalty in the highlights.

Physically he has everything, but his positioning, desicion making and awareness is atrocious. Just shows that physique alone will get you nowhere as a centre-half even at this level, and shows why Pleguezeulo can hopefully make it even though he is relatively small for a CB.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I had such high hopes for Kris Da Graca, but everytime I see him he looks awful and is personally liable for a goal every week it seems, such as the daft penalty in the highlights.

Physically he has everything, but his positioning, desicion making and awareness is atrocious. Just shows that physique alone will get you nowhere as a centre-half even at this level,

As a Swede, this is very depressing to read, do you see any chance of him picking it up?

tim08

As a Swede, this is very depressing to read, do you see any chance of him picking it up?

Well never say never! There is definately plenty of raw potential with him he just has a lot to learn and a lot of polishing up to do. The only worrying thing is the defences as a whole in our youth set-up seem quite poorly coached, as conceding too many goals has been very common in the U18 side for a few seasons now. We definately seem to be a very attacking side that says however many you get, we'll get one more.

So obviously very entertaining and perfect for developing the attacking players such as the Reiss Nelson's, Fortune's and the Willock's etc, but not so for any young centre back's that require plenty of high class defensive coaching and drilling, eg Da Graca.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Iwobi is the first outfield player to feature for Arsenal under Arsène Wenger in the league that doesn’t have any of the letters ARSENAL in his surname....:eek:

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Surprised to see Craig Eastmond playing for Sutton United vs my other team Oxford City tonight. Never really rated him as a PL player but only few years ago he started games for Arsenal!

logic DC

is he sterling's level of talent because I feel like we need to produce someone like him

Latest posts

Top Bottom