• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,015

logic DC

someone plz school me on malen and the new lad from France who played in the c1c apparently his highly rated and even barca were in for him

ricky1985

Established Member
Arsenal U19 team to play Bayern Munich U19:

1. Keto(GK)
2. Osei-Tutu
3. M. Bola
5. O'Connor
6. Pleguezuelo
4. Sheaf
7. Crowley
8. Ismael(C)
9. Hinds
11. Willock
10. Nelson

Subs
13. Huddart(GK)
15. Chatzitheodoridis
12. Eyoma
14. Agyei-Tabi
18. Mourgos
16. Mavididi
17. Malen

Not sure if there's going to be a stream for it but if anyone finds one post it here please.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ismael Bennacer scored today against Munich and according to Arsenal on twitter it was a long range stunning goal. this guy looks talented.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Ismael Bennacer scored today against Munich and according to Arsenal on twitter it was a long range stunning goal. this guy looks talented.

I said he had something special about him when I saw him against SW, but everyone disagreed. His movement is intelligent. He has a tenacity and strive. I really liked him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I said he had something special about him when I saw him against SW, but everyone disagreed. His movement is intelligent. He has a tenacity and strive. I really liked him.
He was just really raw and not ready. He's had rave reviews from the staff according to Jeorge Bird and he's still very young. Looks a hard worker too.

Fitted into the youth sides well, looks similar to Mourgos but a bit less indecisive.

tim08

Our youth lads are playing Dinamo at home tomorrow in the UEFA youth league, and its live on Arsenal player for free. The game will KO 2PM UK time I believe. The lads are in a great position for qualification, sitting top with 10 out of a possible 12 points on the board.

If you have the time then give it a watch, hopefully the likes of Willock, Nelson and Fortune etc can put on a special performance and try and brighten the mood on AM!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Our youth lads are playing Dinamo at home tomorrow in the UEFA youth league, and its live on Arsenal player for free. The game will KO 2PM UK time I believe. The lads are in a great position for qualification, sitting top with 10 out of a possible 12 points on the board.

If you have the time then give it a watch, hopefully the likes of Willock, Nelson and Fortune etc can put on a special performance and try and brighten the mood on AM!
I'm hoping Nelson will start, but Crowley's return and Iwobi's subsequent return to the squad will probably mean he gets a place on the bench. Will certainly be an interesting watch!

tim08

Its also interesting that Chris Willock has played a few games of late as part of the midfield two. Jay Da Silva who is usually a forward played the deeper role for the U18s the other day and played pretty well, physically he's a tank. Ainsley Maitland-Niles was also tried in the deeper role last season even though he's a been brought up as a winger.

Therefore this suggests the academy are trying their best to develop someone in the midfield two, who has all the right physical attributes but is also very comfortable on the ball and technically strong. Will be interesting to see if Willock plays midfield again tomorrow.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-youngster-alex-iwobi-wanted-6886598

Birmingham, Reading and Sheffield United want Iwobi on loan before the window shuts on Wednesday.
Good. He needs regular football asap. Experience is his next step.

Its also interesting that Chris Willock has played a few games of late as part of the midfield two. Jay Da Silva who is usually a forward played the deeper role for the U18s the other day and played pretty well, physically he's a tank. Ainsley Maitland-Niles was also tried in the deeper role last season even though he's a been brought up as a winger.

Therefore this suggests the academy are trying their best to develop someone in the midfield two, who has all the right physical attributes but is also very comfortable on the ball and technically strong. Will be interesting to see if Willock plays midfield again tomorrow.
I read that the position changes at that level is as much to flesh out an all round game as it is to switch position permanently.

Da Silva showed excellent passing ability from deep the other day. Willock as a CM seems more an experimental exercise. You are right though, they are looking to develop deep midfielders. The most impressive 2 at the moment are Ben Sheaf and Marcus Tabi.

tim08

Good. He needs regular football asap. Experience is his next step.

I read that the position changes at that level is as much to flesh out an all round game as it is to switch position permanently.

Da Silva showed excellent passing ability from deep the other day. Willock as a CM seems more an experimental exercise. You are right though, they are looking to develop deep midfielders. The most impressive 2 at the moment are Ben Sheaf and Marcus Tabi.

I think you are right about the above, for example some people think Bielek has been converted into a CB for I'm sure its just to widen his defensive education and toughen him up a bit. Still think his long term future is as a DM.

Sheaf and Tabi look very promising as you say, they possess many of the desired attributes for the modern style deep lying midfielder. Sheaf can sometimes be a bit 'loose' on the ball, but this is to be expected I guess and I'm sure he will iron it out.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom