• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergklings

There's something about his style, that is so kind of different, like he looks like he should be ****, but everything he does is so good and I don't get it.

I know what you mean. It looks like he moves awkwardly with the ball. Odd biomechanics - but it works!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Hope he gets some more opportunities the coming weeks, with the form Feo is in, I'd rather see Iwobi coming off the bench ahead of him. If we go with Alexis+Campbell as wide players that is, which seems most likely.

BobP

Memri Fan
There's something about his style, that is so kind of different, like he looks like he should be ****, but everything he does is so good and I don't get it.

Feel the same about Bellerin but only because I play futsal with a guy who moves just like him who is utter ****.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Alexander Iwobi ‏@alexiwobi 10h10 hours ago
Next Round
1f609.png
270c-1f3fd.png

CZ-8CR9WkAA1wqn.jpg

Aevi

Hale End FC
Really like the attitude he shows in this article.

Arsenal's Alex Iwobi: Uncle Jay-Jay Okocha is 'motivation' for success

i

Arsenal teenager Alex Iwobi says he is motivated by trying to become better than his uncle Jay-Jay Okocha, but doesn't feel any extra pressure coming from a footballing family.

Iwobi, 19, was given his second career start for Arsenal in the FA Cup win over Sunderland this month, and is likely to feature again on Saturday when the Gunners play Burnley in the fourth round.

The Nigeria international is seen as one of the most promising talents in the Arsenal academy, which he joined as an eight-year-old, and signed a long-term deal last October.

While he was initially best known for being the nephew of former Paris Saint-Germain and Bolton midfielder Okocha, Iwobi is quickly making a name of his own at the Emirates -- and he says having a professional footballer in the family has helped him develop throughout his career.

"I see it as help, I see it as guidance for my football, what I need to work on and what I need advice on so it has helped me over the years," Iwobi told the club'sofficial website.

"I don't see it as pressure, I just see it as someone I look up to as motivation as I try to be better than him. I grew up in a footballing environment.

"My dad, my uncle and my whole family loves football. I played with a local team with [fellow academy member] Chuba Akpom so I grew up with a footballing life."
Akpom impressed with Arsenal's under-21s last season and was included in the preseason tour to Singapore last summer.

While many other prominent U21 players were sent out on loan this season, Arsène Wenger told Iwobi he wanted him to stay in North London.

"After Singapore I thought I may go on loan because I need to play men's football, and get experience. But when the boss said I shouldn't go on loan I thought, 'OK maybe I have a chance,'" Iwobi said. "And I had a few chances like against Swansea where I came on and against Bayern Munich.

"I got to play 90 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday [in the Capital One Cup]. I got a few chances and now I'm just hoping to get some more.

"I don't know what to expect nowadays but playing at the Allianz Arena was the best thing ever. Playing with the world's best players was just crazy."

Iwobi can play both as a winger and in central midfield, where he started against Sunderland and impressed in a 3-1 victory.

That kind of versatility is valued highly by Wenger, and Iwobi said he's doing his best to impress the Frenchman even more in training.

"You need to train well every day and you have to be in the boss' eye and his mind all the time so that is what I'm trying to do all the time," Iwobi added.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Decent game once again from him. I like his all round intelligence, his first touches always protects the ball away from the opponent and his 2nd is always to drive the team forward.

Already stronger physically and having a better touch than Theo at this age, can't be a bad player at all. The fact that he is a more useful player than Theo current says it all about our 140k player.

Charisma

Currently better than the Ox since his development has stagnated. Personally, if we're selecting by form I would prefer it if he was named on the bench against Southampton rather than Chamberlain as he provides us with nothing when he comes on.

BobP

Memri Fan
Been proven wrong about this guy, when he was in the ranks of the youth I honestly thought he wouldn't amount to much but he has truly surprised me.

The best thing you could say is that he doesn't look out of his depth at this level when questions are asked of him.

haha_arsenal

hopefully Rosicky's replacement that can shift in when Özil needs a rest.
his game is wayyyy mature than his age.

what about Zelalem, could they play together ?
Iwobi in the 10,
Zel in the DLP role ?
put Jeff on the wing.....

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
hopefully Rosicky's replacement that can shift in when Özil needs a rest.
his game is wayyyy mature than his age.

what about Zelalem, could they play together ?
Iwobi in the 10,
Zel in the DLP role ?
put Jeff on the wing.....

Zelalem is getting mixed reactions from Rangers from and from what I have seen and seems along way from our main squad standards at present. Toral & Silva are much closer.

Maxim

Played really well. As has been mentioned already, very intelligent player and his touch, choice and weight of pass are all very very good. He's deceptively big as well.

When I saw him kick in his mother's womb I could immediately tell that he had all the ingredients to be a top player for us.

Saw his father play a couple decades ago, took me a moment to understand that this lad's gonna produce a hell of footballer for Arsenal FC. I'm being proven right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom