• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyes

Pretty optimistic. Willian's a champions league regular and brazilian international, who's already been transferred for ~£70m worth, won the league as a starter in two different countries and is currently the best player at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I'd say that's significantly more 'special' than Iwobi. Maybe I'm wrong and we've got quite the talent on our hands but I doubt it.

Fair enough. Willian is also turning 28 this year if I'm correct. Alex Iwobi is 19 and we said Willian is probably his absolute ceiling. The comparison makes sense with the way Iwobi is playing now: calm, great technique, decent speed, good vision and can either play in the middle or on the wings. His end product is lacking for now. This is a problem a lot of young players suffer from. It's a problem even Willian suffers from sometimes, which is why he got criticized in certain periods at Chelsea. Unfairly in my opinion. You can be a very good player without having more end product compared to a player of lesser quality. (A great example is usually the discussion about an impact winger who is pretty shaky in retaining possession, like Depay or to a certain extend Sanchez sometimes) No, they are both the type of silky smooth playmaking wingers that create space for others with movement, intricate timed passing and creating mismatches. I believe you can also have to many 'impact' players, and for balance, Iwobi is a player that gives you something different, just like Willian, who would fit our style to perfection. If he can add a certain degree of production to his game, either scoring or assisting, he might be a deadly multifunctional asset. And about your price argument: 1. He is of Brazilian nationality, price goes up 2. He has been bought by two oil clubs. 3. Iwobi is already worth a bit as well and his price will rise with every performance like that one. We just don't sell.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Pretty optimistic. Willian's a champions league regular and brazilian international, who's already been transferred for ~£70m worth, won the league as a starter in two different countries and is currently the best player at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I'd say that's significantly more 'special' than Iwobi. Maybe I'm wrong and we've got quite the talent on our hands but I doubt it.

Willian was nothing at Iwobis age

say yes

forum master baiter
Find this entire comparison pretty bizarre - don't think Willian and Iwobi are anything alike in terms of playstyle or ability.

Like even our most talented youngsters, odds are Iwobi will be lucky to manage a career at even the lowliest Premier League team. Let alone become a starter in a title winning side.

That being said, second guessing how a youngster is going to develop after only a handful of first team appearances is about as futile a discussion as one can have so I'm going to bow out here and we can just agree to disagree on this one.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I've been to the future. Wenger is still managing in 2040. Iwobi was only so-so.

Impact

Established Member
Apparently, he's still eligible for England because he has only played friendlies for Nigeria.

Iwobi has done more in his career than majority of football players will done in theirs. Playing for Arsenal at such of young age and not look out of place once says a lot of his talent.

Will he make it? Only time will tell. But he has shown a lot that manager and fans can have high hopes for him in the future.

Aevi

Hale End FC
His modesty and attitude make him so lovable. Wish him the best of luck.

The step up hasn't gotten to his head, actually strengthening him instead. Every game he doesn't try to leave a positive impression by having himself star, but instead works for the team to guarantee results. Ironically, this makes him shine brighter, the mentality setting him apart from others.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Quality talent. Looking forward to having a young player come through who can actually play the game we envisage.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly does more for us on the pitch than certain players at the moment. Deserves more minutes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Good to see him become a permanent 1st teamer, but I think he needs more minutes. Has shown a glimpse of how valuable he could be as a player for us in the little he's played.

raag

Looks good today. Mature. Good in tight spaces. I'm impressed.

Also, why is the title of this thread not Obi Wan Iwobi.

Or Iwobi Wan Kenobi. C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom