• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought he started off quite poor was stopping moves by intercepting passes that weren't meant for him.

But he really grew into the game, however I’d like to see him tried outwide more. It’s like Chambers we know he can play RB but it’s not where his future lies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I like him. He provides us with the sort of runs and impetus that we have been sorely missing since Rosicky is injured 2 seasons ago. Definitely have a role to play in our squad next season.

Aztec_Pharaoh07

He reminds me of an earnest young deer on the first day of mating season who knows what he wants isn't quite sure on how to get there. Baller though.
Lol...I think a few sessions at the gym might help in removing the awkwardness in his movement..If you see yaya toure, he isn't very elegant either. Always thought both Toure brothers were quite different when running.

dysphoria

Established Member
Lol...I think a few sessions at the gym might help in removing the awkwardness in his movement..If you see yaya toure, he isn't very elegant either. Always thought both Toure brothers were quite different when running.

Both the toure brothers were about pure power than anything else, yaya was never the fastest player around but with his physique and power, once he started running, it used be nigh impossible to get the ball off him without fouling him, as for kolo, it was mainly his huge arse keeping him from being fast whilst giving him said physical power.

Can't see iwobi becoming that powerful, if anything, his movement and physique really reminds me of his uncle jay jay who was never fast, was not really a powerfully built player but was immensely tricky with insane close control and ball skills.

Aztec_Pharaoh07

Both the toure brothers were about pure power than anything else, yaya was never the fastest player around but with his physique and power, once he started running, it used be nigh impossible to get the ball off him without fouling him, as for kolo, it was mainly his huge arse keeping him from being fast whilst giving him said physical power.

Can't see iwobi becoming that powerful, if anything, his movement and physique really reminds me of his uncle jay jay who was never fast, was not really a powerfully built player but was immensely tricky with insane close control and ball skills.
I agree...however, PL requires the players to have some meat on their bones. Hardly anyone left in top teams, who is slim/lanky and still manage to give big performances against physical sides. Yaya Toure is a frickin train. Once he starts running, you simply can't stop him. I'm not suggesting he should try to become Yaya...but just a bit more sturdy and strong. He has all the technical ability to play wengerball, no doubt.

Chanberry

I thought of the same thing but i refused to compare him to diaby just to play safe. No player nor fan deserves to go through that, not us, again.

He is a different player than Diaby but I'm just saying the way he sort of drags the ball past players with a languid style reminds me of him.

nicky47

Established Member
Not sure what to make of this guy yet.

Very positive player though and doesn't seem too out of place amongst the other players. Wenger really does like using him in the FA Cup as well! I assume we'll see him again this weekend.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Could grow into our rosicky replacement by next season. Very good base level and he has one of the best first touches in the squad, a true hale end graduate.

Needs to work hard over summer to improve one or two areas of his game, right now he's a jack of all trades in an attacking sense.

Chanberry

Could grow into our rosicky replacement by next season. Very good base level and he has one of the best first touches in the squad, a true hale end graduate.

Needs to work hard over summer to improve one or two areas of his game, right now he's a jack of all trades in an attacking sense.

I also like the fact that when he receives the ball in the center of the park he is not afraid to turn around and get his head up.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't really get the whole and slip fall comment, his balance actually seems quite good. Not like Welbeck's bambi on ice moments.

Very intelligent player this, great potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom