• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,769
  • Views 1,155,200

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah I'm sorry but elneny can give 1.000 passes in one match, that pass wilshere gave to play mavididi through..... I missed him.

razörist

Is there more than one Willock? I think I remember one playing at the Future cup at Ajax a couple weeks ago.

razörist

Yeah, Joe Willock is the one you saw in the Future Cup.

This player is Chris Willock.
Thanks! The Willock I saw was also great but the players that really impressed me were that striker, big lad I think his name is Nketiah. Solid player already! The portuguese goalkeeper Virginia was amazing! He looks like a real talent, stopped so many penalties and dead certain goals.

9jagooner

The boys were fantastic tonight. Great play.
However, let's not get carried away. It's hard to tell if we were really great or Newcastle was poor or perhaps, we were boosted by the first team players in our side (Rosicky and Wilshere). We've not done well in that past few games at this level. Crowley, Jeff and Gnabry for example have been anonymous in past games.

This is not to take anything away from their abilities, we all know those three have got real potential.

I'm just saying that we need to let them continue to develop at their pace. Placing them ahead of players like Theo who have shown their abilities against much bigger teams than Newcastle U21 is a tad direspectful.

ricky1985

Established Member

Ridiculously good from Dan Crowley. Such a frustrating player because he goes off the boil for long periods but is capable of moments of quality like that.

Jack had a very good 20 minutes until he came off in the second half, which was great to see.

Bielik very good again, despite his unfortunate own goal.

Gnabry was very goods in fits and starts but went out of the game as he has a tendency to do.

Willock great for 10 minutes after he came on and then invisible after he moved inside for the last 20 minutes ago.

Mavididi did well but could and probably should have had a hattrick.

Josh Da Silva had a decent cameo playing right wing. Like the look of him, especially as a central midfielder.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
there a few - I think Chris's older brother Matty, plays for UTD. & Joe played for the Arsenal Future Cup team
Yeah, Matty Willock plays for Utd U21s. He's actually very good too. Then there's Chris and Joe who both play for us. Some reckon Joe Willock is the better prospect, but I cannot be drawn on that at all.

Speaking of Chris Willock, he was initially very good when he came on but got sloppy towards the end of the game. His dribbling is such a weapon though, it's literally so easy for him to beat players that I expect it now :lol:

Bielik impressed me a lot in this game. He's really coming to the fore now and looking a prospect. Don't know if he's going back to midfield or if they want him to be a CB, but everything I've seen from Bielik screams "holder" at the moment.

Sheaf looked as solid as he always does, Crowley looked industrious today which was pleasing, and Wilshere and Rosicky on their return looked very, very tidy (save for one Wilshere lunge that had me cringing). The most impressive players for me today were Mavididi and Gnabry. Mavididi excelled in his CF play IMO. His finishing lacked a few times, but he looks very comfortable in the final third and bringing others into the game when they can get the ball to him. I can see why they like him so much now, especially given the importance that Giroud has in team strategy.

Gnabry though gave a little reminder as to why he was so highly rated. He looked like his old self - sharp and hungry. He still must learn to sustain his impact on matches - Iwobi appears to have picked up on this quicker than the others. Gnabry had periods of unplayability in this game, and on the strength of this performance - albeit against a poor side - he might still have a prominent future at Arsenal.

Oh, and Jeff played too. He was OK (set-up Gnabry's goal) but one thing is for sure - he still needs a lot of work. He came on for McGuane, who looked really, really good for the 25-30 mins he was on for. I am a huge fan of McGuane at the moment and I think he has a future here too.

chessygoal

Seeing Jeff today as a CM made me wonder if they are trying to test if he can become more Box to Box. He seems to have a good engine and was really disciplined today with his defensive duties.

Yeah I'm sorry but elneny can give 1.000 passes in one match, that pass wilshere gave to play mavididi through..... I missed him.
I agree. The pass sideways then hide mentality was at the heart of all the problems in the second half of the season: Walcott, Ramsey until the last five minutes of any game. Wilshere takes risks, drives forward, creates, wants to play!
In the game tonight, his touch was great, some lovely cross field stuff and basically made half of all the attacks, with Rosicky.
Then gets into an argument over nothing. What is wrong with him?
But it was right after that that he really turned it on. Better than a strolling Walcott?

tim08

Rosicky! What have I missed you! What a graceful footballer.

Rosicky was just sublime out there, never moved out of 2nd gear yet the Newcastle players couldn't get anywhere near him, was like when you have a kick about in the garden with the kids.

Shows the step-up between youth and mens football, although it was the second u21 division to be fair.

tim08

The attacking talent on show was mouth watering and we are very lucky to have these guys in our ranks, some potential stars there if nurtured properly.

But I am very interested in our defensive options from last night as we haven't had a CB come through the academy for yonks, (Adams?).

Plegeuzeulo is brilliant on the ball, tenacious, very fast and has a great leap on him. My only concern is perhaps is slightly too small for a CB, especially in the EPL. I know he still has time on his side to develop physically, but I can see him struggling against the big lumps you get here in England. Although fingers crossed for him as he certainly has the technique and football brain to be an Arsenal CB.

Bielek has improved over the last few months, its just hard to say whether the club view him as a ball-playing CB or a DM who is having his rough edges polished with a stint in defence. It certainly stood out last night having two ball-playing CB's in defence, and it was great seeing Bielek bring the ball out from the back numerous time and even drive past a few playes with his power.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The U21s got a vital win against Derby U21s despite being down to 10-men after Sheaf got sent off. Highlights here:

http://player.arsenal.com/videos/7672/under-21s-v-derby-a

Mavididi scored a really great goal, looked strong aswell. He's having an Iwobi-like rise comparable to the aforementioned Iwobi's run last year as striker. He's scored 11 from 17 and has even managed to stave off competition from the arguably more talented Donyell Malen. He's a well-rounded striker - kinda reminds me of Welbeck in some ways but looks more of a box player. Could be an interesting time for him this coming pre-season.

Hinds scored a good winner aswell on the counter. Crowley set him up. Not much highlights to go on as it looked like Derby were on top for most of the game - Jeff showed a couple promising moments in a number 8 position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom