• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,066

BobP

Memri Fan
Also also, Jeorge Bird claims that Adelaide, Willock and Bielik are the closest, from the players currently at the club academy, to making the jump.

We hear a lot about Adelaide and Willock, but how has Bielik been doing?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Malen looks like a proper player, it's interesting the way he plays gives one the impression that he is shorter than he actually is, he's 180 CM. It's his low centre of gravity which does it I think, much closer to the ball.

A lot of the best strikers have a low centre of gravity.

Also, is there a backstory as to why Chelsea let Nketiah go?

Malen's progression will be interesting viewing next season, particularly as he's faced surprisingly stiff competition from Mavididi, who's looking a stronger prospect than previously thought.

As for Nketiah, I think it had more to do with his height than anything. When he left Chelsea, he was very small and their academy tends to have bigger, stronger players. He's obviously grown since, and is around 5'10. Chris Willock was a similar concern as he was very small at 15/16 and is now standing at 5'11.

Also also, Jeorge Bird claims that Adelaide, Willock and Bielik are the closest, from the players currently at the club academy, to making the jump.

Jeorge Bird is probably right - they seem the most ready physically and technically, perhaps not so much tactically in the case of Jeff but he has the X-factor. Bielik has actually gone from being quite error prone in his new CB position to being one of the stronger individual performers - good interceptions, very tidy in possession and uses his height well in aerial duels. Still, every time I see him, he looks like a midfielder doing a decent job at CB rather than a natural in the position. He should really be playing further forward, but they seem to be grooming him to be some type of ball-playing Mertesacker.

Nonetheless, he's looking very good currently and his individual performances have shown maturity and improvement.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Bielik started off slow as a CB, but recently has been putting on a good shift. His build makes him look like a Per-like player, except for that he isn't incredibly slow. I'd honestly be surprised if he were to be getting opportunities anytime soon, as Chambers has barely been getting a go there himself. The only explanation would be that he is being groomed for RB, but that's ridiculous because it isn't his best position from what we've seen.

I think we'll be going through at least another season before we see anything of him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Exciting times with all the strikers and midfielders we have.

If we don't sign striker in the summer and given our horrendous quality up front I can see Akpom or Mavidi do a Iwobi. And then we still have Nketiah and Malen!
I'd first sell the dross in the first tam, and get in a proper world class ST.

would be delighted to see them compete for the third forward position.

tim08

U18s thrashed Sunderland u18s 4-1.

Nketiah scored 2, with Malen and Nelson grabbing one each. Nketiah now has 21 goals this season. Phenomenal return.

Great numbers for Nketiah, like you have said before he could really be a player that suddenly appears and surprises a lot of people. Plus he's only 16 I thought he was nearer 17/18.

He gave a great interview to Arsenal.com in September, I especially like this part;

I have good pace but I’d say my finishing is my strength. I do practise my finishing a lot and that helps me to be even more instinctive and able to make better choices in a split second. I believe I’m an instinctive finisher and the key is being able to be calm and composed in front of goal, which ensures I never rush my shots.

It’s about timing, and choosing the right type of finish. I score a good percentage of my chances and that comes through a combination of practice, instinct and confidence and everything is going well at the moment. I’m paying particular attention in training to improving my heading from set plays.

What I would give to have a high quality instinctive finisher at the club, especially one who was brought through the ranks! Lets hope he can continue this form into U21 level next season.

Full article: http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20150915/young-guns-edward-nketiah

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Eymoa captain. Where to do you position him talented wise?
Not sure. Doesnt stand out when I see him play. Reminds me of a more powerful version of his left footed counterpart Tyrell Robinson. Think he would make a pretty good right back personally. Fast, good dribbler and difficult to get past. Saying that, we already have Tafari Moore and Chiori Johnson, the latter doing really well of late.

Not sure. Doesnt stand out when I see him play. Reminds me of a more powerful version of his left footed counterpart Tyrell Robinson. Think he would make a pretty good right back personally. Fast, good dribbler and difficult to get past. Saying that, we already have Tafari Moore and Chiori Johnson, the latter doing really well of late.

Seemed to have good attributes in the highlights!

Where are those Nigerians kids though? Are they at Arsenal yet?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seemed to have good attributes in the highlights!

Where are those Nigerians kids though? Are they at Arsenal yet?
Yeah, was impressed by some of his passing and awareness.

Nwakali and Chukwueze will both be available at the beginning of next season most likely. I am very intrigued by both players - Nwakali can be a midfielder of high quality, winner of the golden ball that Iheanacho won, as well as Kroos years before and even Fabregas is a Golden Ball winner for the U17 world cup. Intelligent, good passer, can play DM, CM or AM.
The latter I don't remember seeing too much of in the U17 WC in Chile, all I remember is him being pretty fast. Will be interesting to see both of their developments.

Yeah, was impressed by some of his passing and awareness.

Nwakali and Chukwueze will both be available at the beginning of next season most likely. I am very intrigued by both players - Nwakali can be a midfielder of high quality, winner of the golden ball that Iheanacho won, as well as Kroos years before and even Fabregas is a Golden Ball winner for the U17 world cup. Intelligent, good passer, can play DM, CM or AM.
The latter I don't remember seeing too much of in the U17 WC in Chile, all I remember is him being pretty fast. Will be interesting to see both of their developments.

Arsenal fan base in Nigeria is pretty big I've heard. They must be wanking them self over the prospect of Iwobi leading the Nigerian revolution at Arsenal!

:lol:

Yep raised here but both my parents from Nigeria. My uncle actually used to play football with Iwobi's dad, he's a distant family friend.

That change everything mate, I always imagine you as a blend of angry Jim Carrey and slightly more handsomer version of Bruce Banner.

I will figure something out!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160425/vlad-dragomir-signs-new-contract

In other news. New contract for Vladimir, probably taken his name-rights before it starts to be a thing. @MutableEarth what is your take on Vladimir?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Vlad Dragomir signed a pro deal today.

Mixed reviews about him so far but he's a talent with a nice pass on him. I haven't seen a whole 90 mins of him just yet, it's mostly bits and bobs from highlights. He's good technically, good passer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Franz De Kat is leaving the club at the end of the season, so we will need a new [Thierry Henry] U18s manager [Thierry Henry] to take over at some point. I reckon it might be someone already doing their badges at the club.....

Shame it's not Gatting & Laraman leaving to be fair, they've thoroughly underwhelmed.

Maxim

Jeorge Bird is probably right - they seem the most ready physically and technically, perhaps not so much tactically in the case of Jeff but he has the X-factor. Bielik has actually gone from being quite error prone in his new CB position to being one of the stronger individual performers - good interceptions, very tidy in possession and uses his height well in aerial duels. Still, every time I see him, he looks like a midfielder doing a decent job at CB rather than a natural in the position. He should really be playing further forward, but they seem to be grooming him to be some type of ball-playing Mertesacker.

Nonetheless, he's looking very good currently and his individual performances have shown maturity and improvement.

I remain thoroughly unconvinced by Bielik. He still doesn't look that comfortable anywhere on the pitch to me despite being far more physically developed than many players around him.

For me Pleguezuelo is a bigger prospect at CB and the likes of McGuane and Bennacer are bigger midfield prospects.

Good to see Tafari Moore back though - where has he been, just disappeared for about 2 years!

Jack the lad

This is my favourate thread in all this forum and Mutable Earth probably my favourate poster. I strongly disagree with you Maxim on Bielik. The games i have seen he has been very composed and been doing very well. He has the odd brainfart in him but he is young and adapting to a new position. He is suprisingly quick for a big lad, i think he could get games for us at CB in the carling cup next year or the year after that. He is a hybrid between Mertesacker and Koschielny. He is intelligent but also quite aggressive. I think him along Malen and Willock have the most chance of making it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom