• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,774
  • Views 1,157,336

9jagooner

There's a player in the reserves team that noone is talking about. I've watched him a few times and looks like he's got a bright future.

His name is Savvas Mourgos. He reminds me of Cesc. He's really good with the ball at his feet and can spot a pass from a mile away

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Interview, Krystian Bielik: “I’m not pressuring myself – my time will come when Arsène says so”
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...-come-when-Arsène-says-so#86SjsiDQmVZIzcsE.99

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There's a player in the reserves team that noone is talking about. I've watched him a few times and looks like he's got a bright future.

His name is Savvas Mourgos. He reminds me of Cesc. He's really good with the ball at his feet and can spot a pass from a mile away

Mourgos has been a slow burn but he looks a player. Good technical skill, nice dribbling, good pass on him and intelligent play. Stylistically akin to Rosicky IMO. Seems to be growing in stature compared to his previous season. Last player we had like Mourgos was Ozyakup.

--------------------------

Not been seeing the Durban tourney, there's no streams apparently so can't watch. Mavididi has impressed so far I think, has scored 2 in 3. Reiss Nelson has 2 MOTM awards for both the games he played in of the 3 we've played so far - he scored in the last game too.

Would be good to retain it seeing as we won the award last year (thanks to Ben Sheaf screamer and nice solo goal from Yassin Fortune). Saying that, still retain small annoyance that Nelson didn't come to the US with the 1st team. Would have been nice to see a nod to him and possibly Mavididi, given they were almost as impressive (if not, just as) Chris Willock was.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
AINSLEY MAITLAND-NILES AMONGST SEVERAL YOUNGSTERS TO TRAIN WITH ARSENAL FIRST-TEAM AHEAD OF VIKING GAME

Ainsley Maitland-Niles trained with the Arsenal first-team squad today after returning from his involvement with England at the U19 European Championship.

The talented prospect is back at London Colney having spent last season on loan at Ipswich Town, and, while it isn’t currently clear what the plan is for Maitland-Niles this season, he will hope to have impressed manager Arsène Wenger in today’s session.

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...with-arsenal-first-team-ahead-of-viking-game/

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Adelaide (was kind of revealed) and Akpom (to help with CF situation)?
Possibly. Akpom's certainly split the fanbase though - some think he should be given a chance, others do not rate him at all (some would rather Sanogo play :lol:).

Arsenal U19s just won the Durban U19 trophy again. Score was 3-1, I only know that Mavididi scored, but unsure as to any other details. Reiss Nelson apparently been the best player in the tournament so far, so we'll see what comes out of Durban.

Possibly. Akpom's certainly split the fanbase though - some think he should be given a chance, others do not rate him at all (some would rather Sanogo play :lol:).

Arsenal U19s just won the Durban U19 trophy again. Score was 3-1, I only know that Mavididi scored, but unsure as to any other details. Reiss Nelson apparently been the best player in the tournament so far, so we'll see what comes out of Durban.

One of the reason I actually calmed down in us pursuing new players outside of the team. If Wenger has ever been justifying putting a leap in his youth academy it is now. Feels like there are biggers potentials there than in Wilshere generation!

It would have been madness if this generation were coming through 8 years ago.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

Mutable could you describe this Reiss Nelson in little bit detail? The rave reviews are certainly encouraging.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mutable could you describe this Reiss Nelson in little bit detail? The rave reviews are certainly encouraging.
16 year old, just became a first year scholar. Will certainly sign pro terms when he turns 17 in December.

Not really any other way to describe him other than he has the potential to be a perfect attacker. He is technically excellent, in terms of first touch and ball-striking. Fantastic off the ball awareness, and dribbling skill that rivals Chris Willock at youth level. He's also quite an explosive athlete, he's quick and has very high energy levels as evidenced by his turn as a CM in the semi-final of the FAYC v Man City.

He has a good scoring record too, has a really good eye for goal and really good vision in terms of finding his teammates. He's very good in the final third.

He has everything IMO. He could really be brilliant. I think he's the best talent currently out of our academy and into Colney.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
16 year old, just became a first year scholar. Will certainly sign pro terms when he turns 17 in December.

Not really any other way to describe him other than he has the potential to be a perfect attacker. He is technically excellent, in terms of first touch and ball-striking. Fantastic off the ball awareness, and dribbling skill that rivals Chris Willock at youth level. He's also quite an explosive athlete, he's quick and has very high energy levels as evidenced by his turn as a CM in the semi-final of the FAYC v Man City.

He has a good scoring record too, has a really good eye for goal and really good vision in terms of finding his teammates. He's very good in the final third.

He has everything IMO. He could really be brilliant. I think he's the best talent currently out of our academy and into Colney.
Cheers! Coming from you, makes me want to fast forward to a year or 2 to see him and Willock(including from the little I've seen of him) in the team.

Agree with the sentiment that it is probably the best batch of players coming through. At least as far as I've followed Arsenal up to now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Cheers! Coming from you, makes me want to fast forward to a year or 2 to see him and Willock(including from the little I've seen of him) in the team.

Agree with the sentiment that it is probably the best batch of players coming through. At least as far as I've followed Arsenal up to now.

Short clip of his season last year.

I read that he scored a goal in this Durban tournament where he dribbled past half the team to score, I've been dying to see it (if it's true) but there are literally no clips of this tournament anywhere.

Top Bottom