• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
No Smalling or Bailly for Man Utd. There will be chances with either Giroud or Alexis up top tbh, will we take them or will we bottle it though?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Don't think Ollie has bullied a defender in his career before.

And I'm a big fan of the guy.

BVbv7ZY.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Need to get midfield right, that's the important one. Since Santi has gone down we haven't looked anywhere near as solid. I'd consider going with a 3. It'd sacrifice some of Özil's ability but I'd feel much more confident with say Coq-Elneny-Ramsey.

Stoneh

Guys... im getting worried about Sanchez contract extention not signed yet. There is no way Arsenal can afford to lose player like that.

Even if we get 50million+ can anyone really see a better replacement thats available? Players of this calibre are hard to come buy.. and with current prices, Arsenal will never pay 70-80 million.

So FFS pay the guys (Özil too) the going rate or we will definitely be out of CL places. Look at it this way... if Özil and Sanchez were available in todays market do you really think we could compete with other clubs to get them? Especially as they both are better players now?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Read on the BBC it's a stalemate over the contract. I reckon he's waiting to see how things pan out over the season.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Need to get midfield right, that's the important one. Since Santi has gone down we haven't looked anywhere near as solid. I'd consider going with a 3. It'd sacrifice some of Özil's ability but I'd feel much more confident with say Coq-Elneny-Ramsey.

Where would you put Özil? Left of a front 3 with Alexis and Walcott?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Meanwhile he's acting like a donkey and playing for Chile while injured, consequently harming our season...
Think that just shows how much of a winner he is. Like Ronaldo in that way. There were rumours that he risked his career at the Euro's and he still went ahead. It's frustrating and a huge gamble but I'd rather have a player who wants to play regardless than players who feel a small niggle ans decide they can't. it's upto the manager to judge if and for how long that player should play.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Where would you put Özil? Left of a front 3 with Alexis and Walcott?

On the right, he cut onto his left and put in a deep ball over the top. Not ideal but we have to match them in the middle of the park.

OSBK

Established Member
We cant lose this guy, he is different class and would be extremely hard to replace.

But I understand if he wants to leave the EPL. he has had a amazing start to the season, yet hazard has turned up for 20mins and he is currently the best player in the league according to every pundit going.

I rate sanchez as high as messi.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
On the right, he cut onto his left and put in a deep ball over the top. Not ideal but we have to match them in the middle of the park.

To me, that makes most sense to me when Giroud is up top. Özil does deliver a lovely cross from out on the right and given Giroud's aerial strength...

I assume, depending on injuries, you're suggesting dropping Walcott for Ramsey but not pushing Ramsey out to the right...

Coq-Elneny-Ramsey
Özil - Sanchez - Iwobi/Ox

or

Coq-Elneny-Ramsey
Özil - Giroud - Sanchez/Iwobi/Ox

Xhaka Zulu

Think that just shows how much of a winner he is. Like Ronaldo in that way. There were rumours that he risked his career at the Euro's and he still went ahead. It's frustrating and a huge gamble but I'd rather have a player who wants to play regardless than players who feel a small niggle ans decide they can't. it's upto the manager to judge if and for how long that player should play.

When we're talking extremes, yeah that's a good point. But a hamstring injury isn't a niggle, as we both know.

But I was referring to the fact that by playing for Chile while injured he might negatively influence the season he'll use to decide on whether to renew his contract or not (if that information is correct). The irony...

I wonder if come the end of the season and he decides not to renew, because Arsenal 'can't match his ambitions,' he would see/acknowledge the role he himself played in the season ending badly. Those same ambitions might put a dent in our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom