• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Dude.... take a chill pill....the simple fact is that you were just speculating, nothing to add to it. As I said, in hindsight, it is easy to say we should have done this or I have said that....
Its not speculating or hindsight. These are well documented. We were negligent regarding CB and GK for ages. You should be aware of that.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
No it's not, that one was put to bed ages ago. Wenger said the board let him spend what he wants. How many times has this got to be said?
Speculation or facts when it comes to against Wengz are not valid. Intelligent conversation is only when cold hard facts support the agenda.

Wenger said the board let him spend what he wants.

It has been in few years ago that if Wenger wanted to spend money he could go to the board and give them money.

But you only need to listen to recent Gazidis interviews in the summer and Wenger to see that we have to be very careful with our spending.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No it's not, that one was put to bed ages ago. Wenger said the board let him spend what he wants. How many times has this got to be said?
The squad costs for 2016/17 have just been published and because of our relatively big spending over the summer we've moved up to 4th place.

Man U £628m
Man C £532
Chelsea £419
Arsenal £332m
Liverpool £310m

This is the first time we've been as high as 4th. So according to the latest correlation research we should come 4th in the EPL unless the team can be made greater than the sum of it's parts.

Arsenal is now clearly moving up the financial ladder from a very precarious and well documented position during the stadium years. We're only now about another £80m or so away from playing with the big boys. We've come a long way.

To suggest that we could have outspent the 3 teams above us, but for the manager's stubbornness, is about as ludicrous as it is the waste of bandwidth even discussing it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our squad is just as strong as Chelsea squad. I think it is only now, this season when we have complete squad. We must do something with it!
Think our 1st 11 is. But after that the likes of Holding and Jenkinson etc are very much work in progress. We've got stronger back up in some areas than others.

The depth in the United squad is unreal, but it should be at that price.

GunnerShy

The squad costs for 2016/17 have just been published and because of our relatively big spending over the summer we've moved up to 4th place.

Man U £628m
Man C £532
Chelsea £419
Arsenal £332m
Liverpool £310m

This is the first time we've been as high as 4th. So according to the latest correlation research we should come 4th in the EPL unless the team can be made greater than the sum of it's parts.

Arsenal is now clearly moving up the financial ladder from a very precarious and well documented position during the stadium years. We're only now about another £80m or so away from playing with the big boys. We've come a long way.

To suggest that we could have outspent the 3 teams above us, but for the manager's stubbornness, is about as ludicrous as it is the waste of bandwidth even discussing it.

Testament to Arsène and the team that they've constructed a squad every bit as good as the sides above them despite spending between 87-296m GBP less. Extraordinary really.

As I've always said, you want to put some acid on the club? Put it on on the people responsible for developing our commercial revenue. That is where we are under performing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
No, I'm talking about the summer.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...bid-for-Fulham-goalkeeper-Mark-Schwarzer.html
We bid 2m and Fulham wanted 5m. I'll admit my memory was at fault, coz I remembered that as him being available for 3m. This version is actually worse, because it shows that we wanted him but didn't get him for a measly 3m. I mean, 3m is nothing compared to the traumatic memory of the League cup mishap.

Goonerozil33

No, I'm talking about the summer.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...bid-for-Fulham-goalkeeper-Mark-Schwarzer.html
We bid 2m and Fulham wanted 5m. I'll admit my memory was at fault, coz I remembered that as him being available for 3m. This version is actually worse, because it shows that we wanted him but didn't get him for a measly 3m. I mean, 3m is nothing compared to the traumatic memory of the League cup mishap.
The link i shared tells you it was mark hughes who decided against the deal. It has nothing to do with us not offering enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom