• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol: So we're just supposed to ignore stuff when it suits?
Just look at the new figures. Doesn't matter how stubborn you might feel our manager is, we're still not in the spending league of the teams above. But we are getting there slowly.

All those things you've been saying about how we should be competing with the very rich teams will soon be true.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The link i shared tells you it was mark hughes who decided against the deal. It has nothing to do with us not offering enough.
But did you go through the link I quoted? It talks about the Summer transfer window, and it says that we offered only 2m for Schwarzer who was available for 5m. I hope you realise that the summer transfer window comes before the winter window.

In fact, that we were still in for him in the winter window shows that the GK issue was still not resolved after 4 months.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just look at the new figures. Doesn't matter how stubborn you might feel our manager is, we're still not in the spending league of the teams above. But we are getting there slowly.

All those things you've been saying about how we should be competing with the very rich teams will soon be true.
He's done a great job on a few levels, I'd never deny that. My problem is he's done a lopsided one.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
No. 1 because Mertesacker is better than Chambers and Holding and we'd thus had beat Pool?

We aproached Mustafi during the WC, so we were buying him regardless.
How you know zat? Evidence, please!

Mertesacker has been a liability. Nothing to suggest we would've beaten Pool had he been fit. We lost that game because of not asserting control and allowing them to come at us. And the fact that Mustafi wasn't here already is negligence towards the football side of things.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No. 1 because Mertesacker is better than Chambers and Holding and we'd thus had beat Pool?

We aproached Mustafi during the WC, so we were buying him regardless.
This. :)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How you know zat? Evidence, please!

Mertesacker has been a liability. Nothing to suggest we would've beaten Pool had he been fit. We lost that game because of not asserting control and allowing them to come at us. And the fact that Mustafi wasn't here already is negligence towards the football side of things.
Don't understand why can't put your energy into supporting the team and manager, instead of trying to find reasons to prove we're f***.

Spuds are short of supporters I believe.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Don't understand why can't put your energy into supporting the team and manager, instead of trying to find reasons to prove we're f***.

Spuds are short of supporters I believe.
:lol: You put your energy in defending Wenger even if is against Arsenal's best interest. Not to mention you sound clueless about most things football. Rich coming from you and right when ask for evidence you come up with vitriol. Low class and no standards.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol: You put your energy in defending Wenger even if is against Arsenal's best interest. Not to mention you sound clueless about most things football. Rich coming from you and right when ask for evidence you come up with vitriol. Low class and no standards.
It's called supporting not defending.

:(Thought you were above insults, my friend.

SYS

:lol: So we're just supposed to ignore stuff when it suits?

:lol: We are all guilty of doing it I wont lie.

Wenger has always spent money that was given to him, to support that thought consider how he spent before the stadium move. In any case its upto the board to have targets and make sure the manager meets them or change personnel if things arent working. The board never changed Wenger because he was overachieving with the tools given

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
If we blow it at the end then maybe. He wants the title this season but in all honesty, last season was our best shot, even though we have a better team now. A fit & firing Chelsea is a much harder task to reel in than Leicester.

Well yes,that's the thing.He wasn't anywhere near to leave Arsenal last season and that was our best chance to win EPL for a quite long time.Now,with a lot good managers and teams in the league,even if he won't win the title,it won't be surprise.Anyway he will stay lool.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Well yes,that's the thing.He wasn't anywhere near to leave Arsenal last season and that was our best chance to win EPL for a quite long time.Now,with a lot good managers and teams in the league,even if he won't win the title,it won't be surprise.Anyway he will stay lool.
I think he will but ONLY if the team shows the ability to really challenge for the big ones. It's no surprise that the club is putting out it's feelers for a replacement. At the same time, it's almost impossible to see Wenger leaving the club in the lurch as that isn't how he operates. He stays imo...but the following year is a different matter altogether.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I think he will but ONLY if the team shows the ability to really challenge for the big ones. It's no surprise that the club is putting out it's feelers for a replacement. At the same time, it's almost impossible to see Wenger leaving the club in the lurch as that isn't how he operates. He stays imo...but the following year is a different matter altogether.

We know that next manager won't have easy job.And really how good Arseanl will be ? We can go on all ways,worse,same or better.But the thing is that Wenger is too long in the club and his made identity of this Arsenal.Next manager has to be at least same quality as Wenger and than we can hope that we can get some better results.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We know that next manager won't have easy job.And really how good Arseanl will be ? We can go on all ways,worse,same or better.But the thing is that Wenger is too long in the club and his made identity of this Arsenal.Next manager has to be at least same quality as Wenger and than we can hope that we can get some better results.
It'll be a momentous moment when Wenger leaves - it'll be weird, yet exciting to see a new man in the dugout. Hopefully, the BoD gets in right. That man will have some giant shoes to try & fill for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom