• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If they signed for Arsenal because of Wenger, if they or one of them leaves, then it will be for the same reason.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There isn't a player at our club I want to sign on more than this guy. I mean, take for instance the story that goes that it didn't work out with his last girl because he couldnt give her the business due to energy preservation. Its mad, but if there's a player to fit this story, I'm damn sure it's Alexis. Talk about commitment to your job...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It won't be Wenger's fault if they leave. I'm sure they've both delayed contact negotiations because of how dissapointing last season was.

Unless you mean it's Wenger's fault that our season was dissapointing then yes, fair enough.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There isn't a player at our club I want to sign on more than this guy. I mean, take for instance the story that goes that it didn't work out with his last girl because he couldnt give her the business due to energy preservation. Its mad, but if there's a player to fit this story, I'm damn sure it's Alexis. Talk about commitment to your job...
Alexis probably took his dogs along on their first date and payed more attention to them than her. She should have taken the hint then.

It won't be Wenger's fault if they leave. I'm sure they've both delayed contact negotiations because of how dissapointing last season was.

Unless you mean it's Wenger's fault that our season was dissapointing then yes, fair enough.

I think the delay has everything to do with agents knowing the longer they wait the more money they will get.

I think Özil and Sanchez like it here and I think they unlike most fans believe Arsenal can compete under Wenger. And I think they also know we are ready to invest big money if the opportunity rises.

TinFish

If they leave, it will be 100% Wenger's fault. At the start of this season either the future of these 2 should have been tied down, or they should have been sold when their value is high. We are not a small club and will be able to find replacements for key players. Either way we'll survive without these 2, but I hope that will be a wake up call for everyone that having Wenger doesn't guarantee stability to the team.

This is rubbish.

1) Why would negotiating at the start of the season alter their future? They are both WC players and everyone knows this.

2) We are not a small club no longer, selling our best players will go against that regardless of contract situation. We can afford to let these players go on a free if need be. If we sell these players at the time we could have got a better fee - thats small club mentality and echoes the days when our best players were leaving in consecutive years before the financial uplift.

3) Having Wenger as manager is the most stable thing this club can ask for. If you want stability who would be better? He has kept the ship stable during the stadium funding and beyond. Note that stability doesn't correlate with winning trophies.

4) Outside of fan opinions and forums Wenger is a legend of the game. He literally commands the highest respect from other managers and players throughout the world.

5) Several media outlets and even Özil himself have stated that Wenger was the main reason they joined the club. I have no doubts that Sanchez was in similar predicaments. Remove Wenger or if he retires I would be a lot more worried about the stability of the club and the star players.

6) Players throughout the world respect Wenger. We are not the biggest club in the world, yet with adequate (not earth shattering money) we are still able to compete for the odd world class player. Why? It's because of Wenger of course and the ethos he has brought into the club. Koscielny & Coq have recently stated to the media that they will retire at the club if they are able to. Why? It's because of Wenger.

7) Money may not be the motivational factor here. Like Wenger said, we will keep these guys until the final days of their contract if we have to. This is the right thing to say in my opinion. Have a hard no nonsense approach. We are not a selling club anymore and we need to remove this image associated with ourselves. Selling Özil/Sanchez will further verify our status as a stepping stone club. What future WC would want to come to Arsenal after that? They will just come here to improve their game and feck off to another club a few years down the line.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They're not leaving imo, we won't sell to Chelsea or City and they're the only clubs that will realistically be paying what they're asking for in Europe.

They'll both be 29 when their contracts expire and I'm honestly saying this without bias if I were them I'd stay, if they do leave it'll take time to settle and not every move works out. Football's a volatile game, managers change and players can fall out of favour all the time.

They've got a good thing here, they're in the most prominent league in the world, living in London playing for a club which, if Wenger stays, will always be contending or close to it at least.

My guess is they're stalling because their agents know this is the last big contract they'll ever get. I'm not too bothered about this at all really.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is rubbish.

1) Why would negotiating at the start of the season alter their future? They are both WC players and everyone knows this.

2) We are not a small club no longer, selling our best players will go against that regardless of contract situation. We can afford to let these players go on a free if need be. If we sell these players at the time we could have got a better fee - thats small club mentality and echoes the days when our best players were leaving in consecutive years before the financial uplift.

3) Having Wenger as manager is the most stable thing this club can ask for. If you want stability who would be better? He has kept the ship stable during the stadium funding and beyond. Note that stability doesn't correlate with winning trophies.

4) Outside of fan opinions and forums Wenger is a legend of the game. He literally commands the highest respect from other managers and players throughout the world.

5) Several media outlets and even Özil himself have stated that Wenger was the main reason they joined the club. I have no doubts that Sanchez was in similar predicaments. Remove Wenger or if he retires I would be a lot more worried about the stability of the club and the star players.

6) Players throughout the world respect Wenger. We are not the biggest club in the world, yet with adequate (not earth shattering money) we are still able to compete for the odd world class player. Why? It's because of Wenger of course and the ethos he has brought into the club. Koscielny & Coq have recently stated to the media that they will retire at the club if they are able to. Why? It's because of Wenger.

7) Money may not be the motivational factor here. Like Wenger said, we will keep these guys until the final days of their contract if we have to. This is the right thing to say in my opinion. Have a hard no nonsense approach. We are not a selling club anymore and we need to remove this image associated with ourselves. Selling Özil/Sanchez will further verify our status as a stepping stone club. What future WC would want to come to Arsenal after that? They will just come here to improve their game and feck off to another club a few years down the line.
Top post.

SeppWurzl

You've Been Wurzl'd
This is rubbish.

Cretin.

You write an excessive amount of text, only to reply what i posted like one side before, using about 2-3 % your volume.

scytheavatar

Established Member

You know what's a small club? Dortmund. They might still have Gundogan/Mkhitaryan/Hummels playing for them if they did not let Lewandowski make them look like a bunch of fools. They treat Lewandowski as if he's bigger than the club, in the end he left for free and the players know that Dortmund is a small club with no future. If I am in charge of Dortmund I would have told Lewandowski either to sign a new contract, get sold or train with the reserves for his last season. A big club is Bayern, they lose their key players and have no problems replacing them with better players. Madrid lost Özil, LOL why would they care when they have Di Maria. Lost Di Maria, LOL why would they care...... that's a big club mentality. It's the club that makes the players, not the other way round.

TinFish

You know what's a small club? Dortmund. They might still have Gundogan/Mkhitaryan/Hummels playing for them if they did not let Lewandowski make them look like a bunch of fools. They treat Lewandowski as if he's bigger than the club, in the end he left for free and the players know that Dortmund is a small club with no future. If I am in charge of Dortmund I would have told Lewandowski either to sign a new contract, get sold or train with the reserves for his last season. A big club is Bayern, they lose their key players and have no problems replacing them with better players. Madrid lost Özil, LOL why would they care when they have Di Maria. Lost Di Maria, LOL why would they care...... that's a big club mentality. It's the club that makes the players, not the other way round.

We are not the biggest club, but we are not a small club. If we want to be on Par with the likes of Madrid and Bayern we need to retain our best players. Financially we are moving up the scale, it's only a matter of time before the caliber of player reflects this.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
This is rubbish.

top post.

nmn

Was pretty dire today but all of the players were.
Alexis vs the world:
sanchez.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom