• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Comparing apples and oranges. He is going through a bad patch now but that is not a reflection of his talent and skills.
Draxler is a german international. Let's look at it an different way, do you really believe Ox or Iwobi would start or even be called if German?
Why not? Draxler is good and better than Iwobi/Ox atm since he is a 24 year old finished player but the difference isn't all that. He has superb two footed ball skills and a good shooter from distance but he is also weak physically and slow. Defensively he is nearly as much a liability as Özil and he hasn't progressed much all that since his breakout. And he is very injury prone.

That said I wouldn't mind him here at all but I don't see him as being anything more than a short term balancing player till Iwobi and Ox takeover. He won't be able to pay back the fee he'll cost and his injury record+Arsenal.........

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
:lol: I haven't seen him at all .
I opened his thread in Transfer Rumours when we first got linked. He had scored 4/6 goals playing b2b in just a few games. I don't know if we immediately need a b2b right now as much as a winger/attacking mf from the left tho. He does look good in youtube tbf and Juve apparently bid 25m for him so if we want him we'd have to act quick I suppose.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Comparing apples and oranges. He is going through a bad patch now but that is not a reflection of his talent level and skills.
Draxler is a german international. Let's look at it an different way, do you really believe Ox or Iwobi would start for the german NT or even be called if German?
Draxler will not move for less than 40/45 M and would attract the likes of PSG/Bayern/Juve. Do you really think Ox would cost that much even with the english premium?

And Ramsey was a hero for Wales, yet terrible for us. Eduardo Vargas formed a great partnership with Sanchez for Chile, yet is a QPR reject. Gotze was hero for Germany and won them the World Cup, yet fat and useless for Dortmund this season. All I care is how good Draxler is for Wolfsburg, and he hasn't been that good not just this season but also last season too.

carlito'sway

Established Member
And Ramsey was a hero for Wales, yet terrible for us. Eduardo Vargas formed a great partnership with Sanchez for Chile, yet is a QPR reject. Gotze was hero for Germany and won them the World Cup, yet fat and useless for Dortmund this season. All I care is how good Draxler is for Wolfsburg, and he hasn't been that good not just this season but also last season too.

You will love him when he joins the mighty Arsenal and powers us to a title. :lol:

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
If AW thought anything of Draxler, he'd be here already.

As a true wengerism, I don't think we'll be getting any more wide players as it'll kill Iwobi and Ox.

AW still waiting for that CF

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

So has the cash balance decreased? So the profit is basically from the new tv deal, otherwise we would have a loss or do we get that at the end of the season?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Need to spend some of that pre tax profit on the scouting set up if thats what a record breaking transfer window brings.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
So has the cash balance decreased? So the profit is basically from the new tv deal, otherwise we would have a loss or do we get that at the end of the season?

Arsenal's latest financial results show a record £110.5m spent on players, and an increase in turnover to £191.1m, for the six months ending 30 November 2016.

During the summer, the club signed midfielder Granit Xhaka for £38.25m, defender Shkodran Mustafi for £34.85m, and forward Lucas Perez for £17m.

The club's profit before tax was £12.6m, compared to a loss of £6.2m for the same period in 2015.

Arsenal's cash reserves stand at £100.5m, down from £135.9m a year ago.

The results were announced as speculation continues over the future of manager Arsène Wenger following last week's 5-1 defeat by Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

Gunners chairman Sir Chips Keswick said: "The financial results for the first half of the year are robust. As expected, increased Premier League broadcasting revenues have had a direct impact on player costs both in terms of transfer prices and player wage demands.

"We have invested in our playing squad at record levels. It has also been exciting to see more young players emerging from our academy.

"We are very focused on producing a positive and exciting closing run and with the support of our fans, I believe together we can achieve a successful and memorable end to the season."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39079688

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Don't think reports are comparing apples with apples RE: cash balance. Our annual accounts (every May), will always have our cash position at its highest point (ie. after season-ticket renewals). It's just the nature of our cash flow cycle.

bagel70

Still making a profit after spending £100M+ this summer so we know we have ~100M at the least in transfer kitty every season before player sells-something we have fallen far behind in. Need to flog someone off to China this summer.

Fallout

i was wondering if someone was willing to put in research on the following two topics:

1) income lost for failing to secure champions league qualification

2) potential sponsorship income lost for finishing outside the top 4. this is in regards to some quotes made, i think a few year ago, that we would get less money for finishing below fourth.

sadly these two things might offset the growth in tv money thats kicking in :(

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i was wondering if someone was willing to put in research on the following two topics:

1) income lost for failing to secure champions league qualification

2) potential sponsorship income lost for finishing outside the top 4. this is in regards to some quotes made, i think a few year ago, that we would get less money for finishing below fourth.

sadly these two things might offset the growth in tv money thats kicking in :(
Think CL football gets you about £30m for the group stages. Not really bothered personally as with sales and the money the club has they should still be able to spend more than Sp**s and Liverpool.

Wenger will spend his usual £100m, maybe more.

mm76

Yer Da
Didn't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here.

Someone should get the sack over this.

that's really cool - they must have some head for heights to do that

i guess they deliberately don't show exactly how they got in

does anyone know what all that light is on the pitch btw?

Latest posts

Top Bottom