• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
CwKCQZuWgAA7-Nc.jpg

Cesc going on loan in January, couldn't have imagined 5 years ago he'd fall this far.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

CwKCQZuWgAA7-Nc.jpg

Cesc going on loan in January, couldn't have imagined 5 years ago he'd fall this far.

His career subtly went downhill from the day he left here . All the blokes in that Barca dressing room that tapped him up relentlessly and made such a fuss about Barca DNA , I didn't hear a word out of them when he left .

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Think his overall game suffered as he became primarily a final third player.

Too much of a role player, not much else to his game anymore.

BobP

Memri Fan
On another note, is it just me or has Costa toned down his antics so far this season?

I just haven't heard much about him this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if it had more to do with managers encouraging to play like that i.e. Simeone and Mourinho.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
On another note, is it just me or has Costa toned down his antics so far this season?

Wouldn't be surprised if it had more to do with managers encouraging to play like that i.e. Simeone and Mourinho.

I thought the same. Even against us he seemed a lot less like his usual self. He sort of just let Koscielny and Mustafi run amok without trying any of his usual antics. I know he ran up to the ref and got a yellow but that's tame compared to the normal **** he pulls. I'm not complaining though.

Maybe Conte just doesn't like that sort of style.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Of course it has to do with managers.

Do you remember the animal that was Pepe under Mourinho ?
No wonder he was riled up pre-match and then ended up getting a 10 match ban for kicking an opponent in the ground.

Similar with Ramos and his antics of "bravery".

Then on each El-Classico, whenever Real couldn't touch the ball, they resorted to cynical fouls, playacting, pure thuggery and what not.

OG J0E

Costa needs to up the antics IMO. Peak Costa was under Simeone when he played great and was a nasty ****bag as well. Too much of a nice guy right now.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Of course it has to do with managers.

Do you remember the animal that was Pepe under Mourinho ?
No wonder he was riled up pre-match and then ended up getting a 10 match ban for kicking an opponent in the ground.

Similar with Ramos and his antics of "bravery".

Then on each El-Classico, whenever Real couldn't touch the ball, they resorted to cynical fouls, playacting, pure thuggery and what not.
If you're talking about Pepe kicking that getafe player that was on the ground, that was under Juande Ramos. Pepe was an animal before Mourinho. He only bettered his life in the last couple years. But I agree with your point!

carlito'sway

Established Member
CwKCQZuWgAA7-Nc.jpg

I almost felt sorry for him until I remembered how he engineered his move out of Arsenal.
One of Wenger's best decisions was not to take him back at the club when a lot of fans were clamoring for it (Cesc was obviously pushing for it as well). We would have stuck with this albatross around our neck now.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

I dont know about that. I distinctly remember him escaping a couple sending offs at the start of the season and on top of that in both instances he went on to score the winner later (I remember because I was fuming at the time/go in a argument about it with my mate who supports Cheslea).

Maybe since then Conte saw that he could cost them points with his antics but at the start of the season I saw no change.*

*That was also back when refs were actually enforcing new rules about respecting the ref and in each game Costa got a yellow for descent. Yet in both games later on Costa committed a clear yellow card foul and they let him off since they didn't want to send him off...defeating the whole ****ing point of the new rule. :mad:

logic DC

I don't actually mind Chelsea anymore and I respect Conte the beef all along was with Jose and his dirty antics.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don't want them to be deducted points. If we win the league it'll be all "Chelsea would've walked it if they never had that points deduction."

We're gonna have to win it outright.

Top Bottom