• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

The amazing thing is that Ramsey will be 27 this year. His whole career could be over without much happening if he doesn't get into gear soon.

I do have sympathy over the injury when he was young, but it is more of a mental thing now. he can play for his country when fired up, but not turn it on at club level.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The amazing thing is that Ramsey will be 27 this year. His whole career could be over without much happening if he doesn't get into gear soon.

I do have sympathy over the injury when he was young, but it is more of a mental thing now. he can play for his country when fired up, but not turn it on at club level.

Let's put the "playing for his country" into some perspective as well. He is a big fish in a small pond there. The biggest star after Bale.
In addition, having a few good games vs the likes of N. Ireland or Russia at the Euros is not a reference for me. Doing it vs top clubs, national teams and weeks in & out is the mark of great players.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Ramsey is such a fraud. I'm so disappointed. I was a huge believer in him.

But even simple passes are a hard task for him. We'd be happy if we get £15M for him tbf. He's our Cleverley. Promising start but then...

I hope we sell him fast. He's 25 or 26 & still doesn't master the basics of the game.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The comments from Ox were pretty revealing. These guys were prepared and knew what was coming at them.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain spoke to Sky Sports, and said that before the game the team were very much aware of WBA threat from set pieces"
"We knew that and we failed to deal with it. We knew who their danger men were and we didn’t stop them".
That is inexcusable at this level. Ramsey on both goals and Ox himself on the third goal did not cover themselves in glory.

progman07

Established Member
The amazing thing is that Ramsey will be 27 this year.
Wow, he really has not progressed at all during his career. The so called British core has suffered so many injuries though, I wonder why. It definitely did not help their progress..

BobP

Memri Fan
The comments from Ox were pretty revealing. These guys were prepared and knew what was coming at them.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain spoke to Sky Sports, and said that before the game the team were very much aware of WBA threat from set pieces"
"We knew that and we failed to deal with it. We knew who their danger men were and we didn’t stop them".
That is inexcusable at this level. Ramsey on both goals and Ox himself on the third goal did not cover themselves in glory.

Eh, any random manager can tell his players about a threat.

"Hey guys, watch out for Dawson on corners"

But what use is that when they're not taken through how to negate such threats?

carlito'sway

Established Member

Arseblog has a good article about this today. From all accounts and statements they were prepared for WBA set pieces. It is clear that is basically a lack of concentration and attention.
We see it clearly in the replays, Ramsey saw Dawson in his zone getting ready for the run but he does not even bother.
It is not our zonal marking has been a disaster this season. Before yesterday, we only gave up 1 goal on corner, that means the team is drilled and prepared for that.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

If a player is so stupid that he doesn't know to keep his body between the danger man and the goal when he's the one marking him then there's not much to be done by the manager. The only fault with Wenger regarding Ramsey is continuing to play him but the lad is quite clearly a *****. One of the most dangerous headers of the ball in the league and he not only decides not to stay in front of him but to begin by giving him enough space to build up a full head of steam before gifting him the header. Imagine if he were smart enough to put his body on him before the ball was kicked thus minimizing his momentum like literally every player with a brain does when defending the danger man on a corner.

carlito'sway

Established Member
If a player is so stupid that he doesn't know to keep his body between the danger man and the goal when he's the one marking him then there's not much to be done by the manager. The only fault with Wenger regarding Ramsey is continuing to play him but the lad is quite clearly a *****. One of the most dangerous headers of the ball in the league and he not only decides not to stay in front of him but to begin by giving him enough space to build up a full head of steam before gifting him the header. Imagine if he were smart enough to put his body on him before the ball was kicked thus minimizing his momentum like literally every player with a brain does when defending the danger man on a corner.

THIS!

On the second goal, Ox basically did the same....giving a perfunctory hip check to the WBA player. Infuriating to no end.

CHOPS

I can't help but think that the two goals that we shipped from corners was something of a miss match when it comes down to stopping the runner,on both occasions Dawson,ask yourselves why the hell was Ramsey responsible for stopping him?Im not 100% but he's not actually known for his airial prowess is he?
Why was our two CD at the near post?Why doesn't Ospina or Cech for that matter come off their line to claim the ball they're legally allowed to use their hands?
I'm not protecting Ramsey just pointing out that I always thought defenders were supposed to defend first then your big guys not waif like midfielders who don't do headers!

Optimistic

In addition, having a few good games vs the likes of N. Ireland or Russia at the Euros is not a reference for me.
To be fair, Ramsey was also exceptional in their game against Belgium, and he was sorely missed among Wales fans when they played Portugal.

But yeah, even I'm starting to get fed up with Ramsey. However I do refuse to believe his lack of positional 'discipline' is something that can't be fixed. How hard is it for the manager to say, 'Try to stay in line with your other midfielders and keep an eye on the guy you're meant to be marking. Don't worry about making runs into the box for the time being.'

Like, even an idiot could follow those instructions, and Ramsey's not an idiot... right?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I can't help but think that the two goals that we shipped from corners was something of a miss match when it comes down to stopping the runner,on both occasions Dawson,ask yourselves why the hell was Ramsey responsible for stopping him?Im not 100% but he's not actually known for his airial prowess is he?
Why was our two CD at the near post?Why doesn't Ospina or Cech for that matter come off their line to claim the ball they're legally allowed to use their hands?
I'm not protecting Ramsey just pointing out that I always thought defenders were supposed to defend first then your big guys not waif like midfielders who don't do headers!
You don't need to be tall to stop a guy from gathering enough momentum to attack a header. Anyone can do it.

Optimistic

The way we defended those corners was nothing short of embarrassing. I agree with you that Ramsey should not have been the one to mark Dawson's run, but that's what he was tasked with and he did it terribly. So then what should have happened after the first corner is Koscielny should have grabbed Ramsey, dressed him down and told him to switch on. Then on the second corner someone else should have marked Dawson. Giroud, Kosc, Mustafi, anyone but Ramsey again.

And for crying out loud, SOMEONE should pull away the West Brom man who's blocking the keeper. Both times a guy was just allowed to obstruct Cech/Ospina totally uncontested. Why aren't the keepers demanding this from their defenders?

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I had a lot of faith in Ramesy when he came to this team and in early years in Arsenal.But now ffs,this guy is good enough for mid-table team,nothing more than that.I don't get why Wenger trust him so much.At least he knows how to improve player who has real talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom