• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Cahill is 6'4", Luiz is 6'2", Matic is 6'4" and Costa is 6'2". Also Batshuayi is 6'1"

All of these facts would lead a reasonable person of ordinary intelligence to infer that Chelsea are gonna be a serious threat in the air from set pieces.

So who would you select as your Goalkeeper to counter that physical threat?
- Petr Cech who's 6'5" and at 200 lbs (who has regularly played in recent times and has come up with decent performances), or
- David Ospina who's 6' and at 175 lbs (who last started for us more than 50 days ago)

I want you guys to look at this question from a rational and objective perspective without relying on any sentimental reasoning or conspiracy theorist logic. I know who I would play.

Let's just hope that Ospina has a blinder but I am already imagining him getting bullied in the box on set pieces by the physical Chelsea giants. Not playing Cech tomorrow goes against all prudence and can at best be termed as a gamble, especially when our back three is going to be seriously depleted.

Ospina is the bully. Masterstroke by Wenger.

Cech is out here literally gifting Chelsea players goals, yet Ospina is here laying Chelsea ladyboys out for the cannon, but everyone is up in arms because Cech isn't starting?

Plus all those stats of player heights just fuels his rage. We saw it a few summer ago on A-M. He'll be blessing them with the Colombian curse as he cleans out his box. :bounce:

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Masterstroke by Wenger
Let's hope so. Come on Arsenal! Less than 24 hours to go now :cool:

EDIT- Btw I thought I said no conspiracy theory reasoning. I don't think Cech did that on purpose against Chelsea, it was an error these things happen. Ospina has also committed many boneheaded errors in the past the one against Olympiacos comes to mind. Please let's be objective.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If Wenger has given Ospina his word, then he probably has to stick to it.

You can't promise a GK Cup games and then not start him in one. What message does it send to Chez or any other GK who is coming here to be a back up.
I agree but also disagree. Ospina got injured. He missed the quarters and semis and the semi was against our toughest opponent. Cech is one of the reasons we are here.

While Wenger may have made Ospina a promise he could also very rightly say look you've been injured you missed games and unfortunately you're too cold to go into this game. Done the right way it doesn't backfire.

If it comes off its a master stroke by Wenger done wrong it's another loyalty before the good of the club decision.

Gegen Pressing

------------------ Cech
---Holding - Mertesacker - Monreal
Bellerin -- Ramsey -- Xhaka -- Welbeck
-----------Özil --------- Alexis
---------------- Giroud

---Holding - Mertesacker - Monreal
Bellerin -- Xhaka -- Ramsey
-walcott----------Özil --------- Alexis
---------------- welbeck

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Also if Wenger knew all along Ospina was starting all along then he is in the exact same position both Mourinho and Romero where at several weeks ago. Mourinho dropped De Gea to get Romero match sharp Wenger could and should have done the same.

Just seems to me like Wenger is setting himself up with another excuse if things go wrong.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Wenger's word is as good as recycled paper.
I assume you mean before it's treated and released for consumption, like in the stage where it's still got holes in it and sh*t stains on it. If so then I agree. Literally the only logical reason to play Ospina is if you plan to play Mourinho level anti-football and park the bus for the purpose of going to penalties.

RoadrunnerReloaded

is it too much to ask that we all put aside our disagreements for 24 f***ing hours and just enjoy the fact we are in yet another FA Cup final.

An FA Cup that Spuds fans were desperate to get into. In our worst season in over 20 years we still have a chance at a trophy while the Spuds are left sounding like us in the banter years moaning about "new stadium, net spend, etc"

Lets forget dissing Wenger and each other for 24 hours ffs and get behind our team!

Karlos14478

is it too much to ask that we all put aside our disagreements for 24 f***ing hours and just enjoy the fact we are in yet another FA Cup final.

An FA Cup that Spuds fans were desperate to get into. In our worst season in over 20 years we still have a chance at a trophy while the Spuds are left sounding like us in the banter years moaning about "new stadium, net spend, etc"

Lets forget dissing Wenger and each other for 24 hours ffs and get behind our team!

Yeah let's still take the piss out of the spuds for not getting to tomorrow's final.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
1. Cech has the height advantage over Ospina to catch the ball in the air before Cahill or Matic head it.
2. Back three is already in tatters and to compound it Cech, who can be a leader at the back won't be there.
3. Ospina last played 55 days ago for Arsenal and Cech has been a regular since we changed our formation. Cech has done well recently.

So I am truly baffled by this decision to play Ospina. :confused:

I'm still hoping that we win tomorrow and Ospina has the game of his life. However, if Ospina has a mare or gets injured/sent off during the game it will all be on Arsène Wenger and no one else.

Latymer

Cech underrated since moving here imo. That said ospina is solid he's not David James

More worried about Wenger starting donkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom