• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Calling him a clown and other such phrases, suggesting he's done nothing but be incompetent and damaging to Arsenal since we moved to the Emirates.

I don't really have the energy or inclination to look through this thread but it's littered with disrespectful posts.

I'm not referring to reasoned criticism, whether I agree with the criticism or not.
You don't have to dig anything up--I've seen worse.

Ewarwoowar

I know this will be like a sucker punch to a few if it happens, but I really think the persons charged with running the club will have absorbed the concerns and unrest and will be making big statements in the coming period to alleviate the woes. hopefully, this time.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Phenomenal to hear him be so open like this, he should do it more.

I have always maintained the 2006-13 period is his best work.

Phenomenal manager.
I'd say the first period was his best work, breaking Man Utd's dominance and introducing so much to the game aside from that. The second period I would say he finished on par bar a couple of seasons looking at our rivals. It's an open debate though admittedly.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/26/Arsène-wengers-moment-truth-faces-arsenal-future/

"Yet while Wenger and his employers will place Saturday’s result in the context of two previous FA Cup wins in the last three years, as well as Premier League finishes of fourth, third, second and now fifth (with the fourth-largest budget), he also knows that most wider assessments on Saturday will ultimately again fall at either end of the hero/zero spectrum."

So @Makingtrax was Jeremy Wilson all along.

Who knew?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/26/Arséne-wengers-moment-truth-faces-arsenal-future/

"Yet while Wenger and his employers will place Saturday’s result in the context of two previous FA Cup wins in the last three years, as well as Premier League finishes of fourth, third, second and now fifth (with the fourth-largest budget), he also knows that most wider assessments on Saturday will ultimately again fall at either end of the hero/zero spectrum."

So @Makingtrax was Jeremy Wilson all along.

Who knew?
Superb article.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Two more years eh? Would be nice for Wenger to come out and explain to the fans how the last two years have been unacceptable and that he will do all in his power to get us competing for the PL.

Instead we'll get more of the same excuses and obfuscation.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I think the smart course of action would be to extend on a seasonal basis now. Set up goals for Arsène to achieve at the start of the season and if he fails to deliver them then he goes at the end of the season if he fulfills them he stays for another year.

Those Goals for next season should be-
1. Winning the League, if not that then genuinely being in the title race till at least April, if not May.
2. Winning the Europa League, no ifs and buts. Golden chance to win European silverware for the first time without having to worry about getting knocked out by Bayern or Barcelona in the R016.
3. At least one domestic Cup Final.

EDIT: The smartest course of action would be to appoint Allegri as our next manager, just to make it clear.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Shame.

Suppose it'll be more of the same, loyalty to players and coaches who just don't deserve it.

It's like a warped form of nepotism.

These are the pitfalls of having nobody at the club to reign Wenger in, letting him do whatever he pleases.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Whatever the result today, I'm tempted to lean towards Wenger staying for next season. First of all, my personal first choice Allegri is going to continue with Juventus. Then I'm not sure we are set up well for Wenger to depart now.

Not like we have a choice either way.

karl

I wont be around on the forum if he stays. Im gonna take a break from Arsenal.
What's the point of being a fair-weather fan? You have to suffer the disappointment in football to really appreciate the highs. I would go with a change now for Wenger's benefit as much as my own, but can't stop supporting the team (even if there are very few players I like).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom