• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We are the true underdog who the media and our rivals want to see lose, now I know how Jeremy Corbyn feels.
Merson said we had little chance with everyone fit, now we've got no chance with our regular defence missing.

We just might pull it off then :lol:

Ewarwoowar

So does that mean that's that? No Mustafi either?
I should hope the decision is Arsenals to make and not the keepers of the protocol. He has not been seen in training and it is difficult to know where Wenger's thinking is at,, it's 50/50 I would say.

Ewarwoowar

Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey hits the nail on the head

by Andrew Dowdeswell1
Aaron Ramsey has heralded the start that Arsenal had in their first match against Chelsea and then lamented the influence of Eden Hazard in the second, hitting the nail on the head in both instances.

The FA Cup final takes place Saturday evening and Chelsea, rightfully, are heavy favourites. Given their superiority for much of the season, alongside Arsenal struggles, struggles that have been compounded by a defensive crisis spurred by a mire of injuries and suspensions, it is difficult to spurn the Blues’ status as favourites.

But that does not mean that this is an unwinnable game for the Gunners. Simply, it means that they must be clear in their instruction and execute to the best of their ability. There are two clear things that they will have to do, which Aaron Ramsey detailed perfectly in an interview with Arsenal player earlier this week:
“I think the way we started the home game in the first half was very good. We were very quick, we counter-attacked well, closed them down, got about them. It was a different game away and we perhaps let individuals have a bit too much space. Hazard went on a bit of a run and put the ball in the net. We can’t let that happen again, we have to be right in his face and stop that at source.”
The first responsbility of the team is to start fast. As Ramsey states, when he and his teammates dismantled Chelsea earlier in the season, it was a bliseringly fast start, pressing high up the pitch, buzzing around the ball, relentlessly hounding the Chelsea players in and out of possession, that built the foundation for the impressive win. They must do so again on Saturday.

The second must-do task of the match is keep tabs on Eden Hazard. That is far easier said than done given the often uncontainable quality of the Belgian. But it is nonetheless a duty that must be executed diligently and successfully.

It was Hazard that scored a wonderful solo goal in their return fixture, spinning past Francis Coquelin, sliding around Laurent Koscielny and dinking a shot over the onrushing Petr Cech. And it has been Hazard for so much of the season that has time and time again hauled Chelsea out of problems with moments of individual brilliance that boggle the mind.

The Belgian has the ability to take the game away from Arsenal, as does a poor start. But, as Ramsey so eloquently and accurately points out, if Arsenal are able to do these two things, then winning their third FA Cup in four years is a dream that could yet become a reality.

http://paininthearsenal.com/2017/05/26/arsenal-aaron-ramsey-hits-nail-head/

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

We are the true underdog who the media and our rivals want to see lose, now I know how Jeremy Corbyn feels.

Honestly, we are the most talked about club in England. Most rival fans would rather see Chelsea win a double than have us win an FA Cup in a poor season. Most rival fans take a vested interest in our YouTube fan channel, ffs. Nobody cares about any of the other rubbish channels for any of the other clubs.

We are that team that everyone hates but nobody wants to give us the satisfaction of knowing it - so they laugh and pat our heads with one hand as they cross their fingers that we don't win with the other.

Arsenal FC - England's Most Relevant Club. :cool:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly, we are the most talked about club in England. Most rival fans would rather see Chelsea win a double than have us win an FA Cup in a poor season. Most rival fans take a vested interest in our YouTube fan channel, ffs. Nobody cares about any of the other rubbish channels for any of the other clubs.

We are that team that everyone hates but nobody wants to give us the satisfaction of knowing it - so they laugh and pat our heads with one hand as they cross their fingers that we don't win with the other.

Arsenal FC - England's Most Relevant Club. :cool:

I endorse this post

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Just had a text from my brother, his mate might have a spare corporate ticket. I might be going live to this ***** :drool::drool::drool:
Corporate ticket meaning you get to see from a corporate box? Or whatever it is called. I don't know how this works.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's such a shame we're so weakened by injuries, as it detracts from the occasion - whoever the Cup Final is between, you want both teams to be able to put out their strongest team

I just hope we don't pick up any red cards and fight to the end so we can be proud of our boys, whatever the result
Yh its sad that we were already big underdogs and its us who have been handed the squad selection crisis

Although we dont make it easy for ourselves, but I cant help but think injuries always cause us issues in one way or another every single season.. other clubs dont experience that consistently

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Yay, cup final day...!

Beers, a ticket up in the gods and,I fear, sadness...

Then again it's my ninth. final and we've only lost one of the previous eight and god knows we should have won that. Hell. I was there in 05 when we somehow managed to win without a shot on target so...

BobP

Memri Fan
Mourinho didnt play DeGea seems to be the norm these days.

Romero will probably be at United next season though.

I would have 0 issues with Ospina playing if he was going to be at the club next season, but all signs point to him leaving.

It's a pointless exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom