• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If theres something he wants to get off his chest, then he should stop being a wuss and get on with it or forever be held accountable for failure to win the premier league since 2004.
It's not in his nature though it seems, to public ally expose situations.

FreakySami

Keown's take on his statement.

"Wenger seems very defiant. He doesn't sound like a man who is about to go. He is calling out the board, asking them to not go with the popular decision - because the fans are against him.

In that interview, he is a different Arséne Wenger. It is his life! He doesn't want to let go of Arsenal Football Club. He said "retired people die!" That's how serious he is about it.

His life is dependent on staying in management. I cannot believe that after all he has achieved over the last 12 years that the fans are against him."

I guess there's a monkey brain in that monkey head.
I hope you realize how your lack respect
I'm not a fan of statDNA, i think it's a steaming pile of ****. I'm not however about to absolve Wenger of any blame. He's been given money to spend, he's given control over what players to buy. He's the one responsible for results on the pitch and our yearly capitulations in February/March. You've built up a defense mechanism where you pass the buck onto the board to absolve the manager of any blame.

It's not a defensive mechanisms. I do blame Wenger on a lot of problems ( lack of replacement for Cazorla)) but you solely put it on him and I fell that's unfair. If you had a fair assessment and didn't always think he did nothing right, I wouldn't be criticizing you this much.
All managers are allowed a blip. For you it's always a blip because we don't win the league and we get injuries and are not as performant the time of the year where we have to focus on 3 or 4 competitions at the same time.

Axel9090

Looks like he enjoys getting verbally abused then. If he did come out and get sacked for getting it off his chest, he could easily get a pay packet elsewhere.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If theres something he wants to get off his chest, then he should stop being a wuss and get on with it or forever be held accountable for failure to win the premier league since 2004.

And leave it in the hands of Kronke :lol:

shoom

Wenger will get a new contract. The board have made no preparations for life after Wenger, ergo they are not really willing to let him go and will cave. We're going to kick the can down the road.

I think he's gone. The writing was on the wall the moment he had his little strop when asked about a DoF. Internal conflict is one thing but if you publicly draw battle lines with your employer it should be no surprise if you lose your job.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think he's gone. The writing was on the wall the moment he had his little strop when asked about a DoF. Internal conflict is one thing but if you publicly draw battle lines with your employer it should be no surprise if you lose your job.
It painted out to be Wenger vs Gazidiz with Stan Kroenke nowhere to be seen.

Axel9090

Huge credit today for him and the team. This is the game where I wanted to see the formation work against a big side, these were the champions. Also had a makeshift defence. Gearing up the team is just as important as having good players. Wenger did a great job getting them geared up for a massive event.

Anyway only celebrating today, no criticizing, no protesting from me. That was the deal.

OShea's2010

Huge credit today for him and the team. This is the game where I wanted to see the formation work against a big side, these were the champions. Also had a makeshift defence. Gearing up the team is just as important as having good players. Wenger did a great job getting them geared up for a massive event.

Anyway only celebrating today, no criticizing, no protesting from me. That was the deal.
I know where you're coming from but if that's what we're capable of, why have we finished 5th. Why is Wenger waiting until he almost loses his job to make tactical changes.

TheIceman85

The funny thing is, when you look at the way we've played with the 3-4-3 and how it suits the squad, we are set for next season in every position except Striker. Go all out and bring in a Lukaku or poach a worldy from one of the top club somehow, Kolasinic is coming in, then strengthen the centre-midfield and maybe a promising inside-forward and you can't ask for much more.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
DA2r5vyXsAQtrYG.jpg

Record breaker, history maker.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I have given up about this. If he stays, he stays. If he leaves, he leaves. I know we argue about it a lot here, but I just want Arsenal and Arsène to win titles and trophies. Watching the FA Cup final I was reminded of that.

Wenger is really a first class human and coach. The FA Cup doesn't wash away the embarrassment that was the CL losses against Bayern, but it is great to see our fans and team celebrate a win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom