• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not really, if you're replacing him you want to replace him with someone who can get 24 goals and however many assists he got in the league.

Nearly 40 goal contributions in the league is no mean feat. Lemar wouldn't be able to produce that at least straight away. Lacazette wouldn't either.
Playing devils advocate here but you could say that our defence was the problem last season.

We improve as a team then we won't need to replace 40 goals.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A reliable Sp**s ITK on twitter has said that Lemar has chosen Arsenal. His accounts locked sadly :( but Sp**s fans are ****ting themselves about it

Gegen Pressing

Lemar ticks all Wenger's boxes:
- left footed
- technical
- scores & assists
- cross/shoot/FK
- young & reasonably good value
- Guadeloupe french born like Henry
Very solid acquisition from Wenger.

Last edited:

One Love

Laca + Lemar = GREAT business. If we keep Alexis and Özil we will be strong contenders for the title for once.

Still would like to add a replacement for Cazorla.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I will repeat this over and over again. Our targets are lemar, Lacazette and mbappe. I think it's quite easy to see that the first two are easier to pull off and take less time than the last one.
They probably were all targets but Laca and Mdappe are mutually exclusive.

Ashybashy86

That's not how football works though.

What if Lemar and Lacazette only contributed 30 goals but those goals won us more points?

What if playing Lemar out wide made us more defensively secure and we needed to score less goals?

What if Özil thrived playing behind a pacy forward? What if playing at a quicker tempo (without Sanchez constantly slowing the game down) allowed other players in our squad to flourish?

What if having a better balance to our game meant we did better against the stronger sides, which is where we dropped so many points this season?

United sold goal machine Ruud Van Nistelrooy and instantly looked a better team. A few years later they replaced the most productive player in the world (Ronaldo) with Antonia Valencia and scored 18 more league goals the following season. Countless other examples you could draw on.

All this tallying up of individual goals, as though football is a zero sum game, is ridiculous.
Shame you can only give one like per post. So many good points made.

GOONER1991

Established Member
That's not how football works though.

What if Lemar and Lacazette only contributed 30 goals but those goals won us more points?

What if playing Lemar out wide made us more defensively secure and we needed to score less goals?

What if Özil thrived playing behind a pacy forward? What if playing at a quicker tempo (without Sanchez constantly slowing the game down) allowed other players in our squad to flourish?

What if having a better balance to our game meant we did better against the stronger sides, which is where we dropped so many points this season?

United sold goal machine Ruud Van Nistelrooy and instantly looked a better team. A few years later they replaced the most productive player in the world (Ronaldo) with Antonia Valencia and scored 18 more league goals the following season. Countless other examples you could draw on.

All this tallying up of individual goals, as though football is a zero sum game, is ridiculous.

This is a very good post - and echoes my feelings towards Alexis exactly. Alexis is a good player, but he struggles to work in a system. He passes when he wants, to who he wants. Sometimes this can be detrimental to a team. The prime example of this was Thierry Henry in 2006/2007. Thierry was so dominant in that young team, every pass had to go to him, if it was wrong, he would kick off. When he left, there was mass panic, but the following season the team flourished and Wengerball returned.

I wouldn't be satisfied with Lemar being a direct replacement for Alexis (I think we needed another winger regardless), but I am curious as to what our frontline would look like without Alexis. Lacazette, Özil and Lemar are all very efficient players. Alexis' biggest criticism is he takes too many touches of the ball; with these guys in the frontline perhaps our quick attacking system will return.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If this happens my boy is leaving 100%

I agree, sadly :(

But at the same time I feel like we'll be entering a new era, getting new mentalities into the club and hopefully a much better mindsight will filter through the team.

It's amazing how much our team has changed over the past 4/5 years if you look at our squad from 2013.

nicky47

Established Member
@Sanchez11 Agreed. Just can't see us getting another winger without losing Alexis. Would like to think we're going for Lemar because he could play in centre mid too, but I just don't think thats a position for him like some have said.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I agree, sadly :(

But at the same time I feel like we'll be entering a new era, getting new mentalities into the club and hopefully a much better mindsight will filter through the team.

It's amazing how much our team has changed over the past 4/5 years if you look at our squad from 2013.
Oh yeah i know, just makes me sad. Maybe as a TEAM we might be better off i dont know. It seems that wenger cant handle him by the sounds of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom