• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Was watching the FA cup final again.

On the first goal the Chelsea players appeal everyone kind of slightly freezes and it's a muddle but Sanchez keeps his presence of mind, plays on to the whistle and then lets the ref sort it out.

My guess, Giroud would have hesitated or stopped playing in the same situation. He's just that kind of person. Seen him do it before. Decent player no doubt, but it's the little things that make all the difference at this level.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Was watching the FA cup final again.

On the first goal the Chelsea players appeal everyone kind of slightly freezes and it's a muddle but Sanchez keeps his presence of mind, plays on to the whistle and then lets the ref sort it out.

My guess, Giroud would have hesitated or stopped playing in the same situation. He's just that kind of person. Seen him do it before. Decent player no doubt, but it's the little things that make all the difference at this level.

On our 2nd goal, Alexis would probably dribble where Giroud made a perfect assist

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Giroud is a niche player. One of the best in the world in a limited skill set, like heading, flicks and shots with little back lift. A goal scorer that's for sure. But we all know his many weaknesses.

But Mick Jagger can't sing for sh*t. Watched 'Goodfellas' the other day and 'Gimme Shelter' made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Giroud is a niche player. One of the best in the world in a limited skill set
25381319.jpg

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'd keep him over Walcott. Even if we keep Alexis and add a new CF (the dream), then we will need him while Alexis rests and the new guy settles in.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Id have him ahead of Walcott, but only as a sub to our first choice strikers , the dream scenario would be Lacazette and Sanchez.
Giroud's best performance have come after coming on as sub, when another striker had ran the legs off the defenders and they cant cope with the added strength and aerial power in the last 15 minutes, his lack of pace doesnt get exposed then against tired defenders. He would do a great job in that role, never as a starter though. For both Arsenal and France, when Giroud plays well, the rest of the team doesnt, too many better players get by passed to get the ball to Giroud, hes an ideal fit to a far less talented and more direct team. Great plan B though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'd keep him over Walcott. Even if we keep Alexis and add a new CF (the dream), then we will need him while Alexis rests and the new guy settles in.
Doesn't work like though does it. Giroud will want to leave for his WC chances while there will be no takers for Theo I think.

Sometimes the situation dictates and not you.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Doesn't work like though does it. Giroud will want to leave for his WC chances while there will be no takers for Theo I think.

Im sure there will be takers for Theo, depending on how much we want for him.
I wouldnt be against getting rid of both, if it meant keeping Sanchez and getting Lacazette.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Im sure there will be takers for Theo, depending on how much we want for him.
I wouldnt be against getting rid of both, if it meant keeping Sanchez and getting Lacazette.
Our asking price wouldn't be the issue with Theo, it's his wages. I would also question his desire to leave the comfy surrounding of Arsenal and whatever village he lives in.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Our asking price wouldn't be the issue with Theo, it's his wages. I would also question his desire to leave the comfy surrounding of Arsenal and whatever village he lives in.

We can always get around the wages, by giving him part of the transfer fee as a thank you (f off) golden handshake. To top up his wages at his new club. Deals like these do get negotiated.
I do agree about his comfortable existence, he doesnt seem the type that worries that he ll never play for England again in a world cup year, unlike Giroud who is limited but is a top pro.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

You're a destroyer of hope! West Ham are linked with Walcott to the despair of their fans. Any choice is risky for Giroud this season. Excel off the bench for us or possibly underperform at a new club where he starts.

Zaza

Giroud will leave if we sign Lacazette. Both will be competing for a place at both club and country. Think this was one of the reasons Wenger gave for not getting Benzema. Maybe Giroud will feel Lacazette isn't a threat just like he did with Welbeck.

StefanB

Like I've been saying since he arrived 5 years ago:

Superb player when coming off the bench and a great Plan B when chasing goals.

A very valuable squadplayer. Too limited to be first choice though. Doesn't suit our style of play that much in general, but when being utilised as a weapon with teammates flooding the opponents with forward movement he's very dangerous.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't mind keeping Giroud. We've no chance with Mbappe it seems and Lyon are mucking us around with Lacazette seemingly not bothered by anything. At this stage, I'd rather keep him and go for Dembele at Dortmund.

Zaza

He's def leaving with Lacazette coming in. Wouldn't want to play second choice to a striker he benches in the national team.

karl

I can see him moving on if we sign a really great striker, but that is far from done as yet. I certainly wouldn't kiss goodbye to 20 goals a season with Welbeck and Akpom the only 2 likely to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom